Server Crashes When Crafting

• Kind of looks like some resources are missing. I just downloaded the latest update. This dump is from when I attempted to create lumber. Happens every time. This is a game breaker because it crashes the server to where nothing will respond. You can run around, but you can't manipulate the terrain, craft, or anything.

• Is an old instance of the server still running in background (perhaps it was not terminated properly)? Have a look at the task manager, watch out for an "risingworld", "java" or "javaw" process (on windows). Tried the dedicated server myself just a few minutes ago, everything was working fine.

• There is only one instance of java running. I always run with java not javaw because I want the console. No instances of RisingWorld. It still crashes every time when trying to make lumber. Probably other crafting too, but I can't get past lumber to check.

• I just deleted the server folder and re-extracted it. Copied my properties file back in, and it runs fine now. Something must have gotten corrupted some how.

• Everyone is welcome. Sorry I didn't see your post in time. I saw you come in. I will keep it running 24/7 except for daily restarts.

• Hi Absalom,

I have the same problem, when I play by joining my friend with his IP and even when I'm connected to the server we rent... Everytime I cut a tree, if I don't see any bush, I know that I'm gonna crash few seconds later...
    Same when I dig with a pickaxe, if I can't make any hole I know I'm gonna crash too etc...

I saw what you said but I don't really understand how I can fix it, can you please help me ?

Best regards,

White

• on your own server, modify the batch file used to start the server.jar. Add to the end of it this:

Code
    > log.txt 2>&1

Then restart the server with that batch file and log in with the client and get it to crash. Then look at that log.txt file.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!