The Deadlands Server (win.thedeadlands.net:30500)

• hi,
    i have joined this server a several minutes ago and have extremely lagg.
    i live in the netherlands an hear that this server is running the US.
    i there something i can do for no lagg

For a start, never use wifi for gaming ;) I'm in the Netherlands to and its almost laggless here.

A ban script would be great! I sign up as a volunteer as soon as you're finished with it!

• I guess I could write a script that would have 3 functions, kick, ban, and prison.

kick <time> [player name] - Kicks the player from the server for a given time.
    ban [player name] - Bans the player permanently.
    prison <time> [area name] [player name] - Teleports a player to a designated prison area for a given time (optional). When the player's time ends, they will be teleported to the world spawn.

• Vous pouvez construire où vous voulez, mais gardez à moi, je vais mettre en œuvre AreaProtection bientôt. Donc, vous voudrez peut-être une certaine distance entre vous et les autres .

• Not sure what happened there. Must have been a bug or something. If it happens again, I will make note of memory usage, etc. (forgot to this time). I restarted the server and it is fine again.

• Carlzilla built us a prison! I have cloned the world to the test server (port 30700) and I have created an area around the prison. Guests cannot damage the prison and since the prison has a floor, they can't dig through. I put myself into the Prisoner group by typing in chat while standing in the prison area: "/addplayertoarea Prison Absalom", without the quotes. I was unable to leave the prison, even in fly mode, and unable to dig through the prison walls.

Now I am going to add a proper database driven group system so that I can add groups on the fly at run time (right now they are defined in a file). Only administrators and moderators will have the ability to add players to groups for now. I am going to create a Warden group, and they will also be allowed to add players to the Prison group, and then teleport the players to the prison. Wardens will, of course, be responsible players and not abuse that power (most likely wardens will be moderators).

In order to give the player the ability to leave again, two commands have to be executed:

/removeplayerfromarea Absalom
    /addplayertoarea Guest Absalom

You have to remove them from the Prisoner group, by removing them from the area, and then add them back to the Guest group, or they still won't be able to leave.

• If we are allowed to access ray tracing through Lua, I may also add a "/showareagui" which could have those commands as buttons along the right side of the screen. Then if you are looking at a player and select, for example, the "Put in prison" button, it will prompt you for an area name, or just assume there is only one "Prison" area, and teleport the player there while adding them to the area as a Prisoner.

• I have installed the AreaProtection Script. It is only available to Admin and Moderators and the admin has to add moderators. Once I get area size limit and terrain destroy/fill figured out, I will open the script up to all.

• this server is so awesome! wish i could spend more time playing on it :thumbsup:

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, I'd have all my money back" :P

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!