The Deadlands Server (win.thedeadlands.net:30500)

• I attempted to start a server list thread, but it turned into a normal chat thread. Lol! So, this one is only about The Deadlands server (win.thedeadlands.net:30500). I am going to refresh my LUA skills and try and fix the currently broken AreaProtection script (causes disconnects upon /createarea name). And I will look into writing some other scripts for various things. Here are some screenshots of the server so far.

This is the spawn point:

This is my house and mine:

My Fireplace:

• How I join it? Looks pretty cool and wanna be part of this server but when I put the Ip in and there is no where to put the port in at. Thanks

• Campbell, You just set up an 'A' record in the DNS records to point a subdomain to an IP. In this case "win" is a subdomain of thedeadlands.net and "win" points to my windows server.

• Thanks! I am currently working on the AreaProtect script that was provided in the lua script example forum thread. I have it working (there was a small typo in the original code, see my post in that thread Example script: AreaProtection). I am going to expand the logic to not only allow players to create protected areas (it is currently restricted to administrators) but to limit the select size for players and limit them to only one protected area. That way players don't abuse it.

I'll need some testers soon. My test server can be found at win.thedeadlands.net:30700. I'll let you know when it is ready to be tested.

• I have the AreaProtection script working on my test server. It would be cool if some players would come in and help test it out. While in-game, you can type /areahelp in the chat line to see the AreaProtection commands. I didn't limit the area size yet, but that's coming.

The test server is on port 30700, so you would type this in the connection box in-game: win.thedeadlands.net:30700

• I fixed the /areahelp menu. Now it will appear in the middle of the screen for a short time. The help text was being crushed by chat before. I haven't loaded the fix to the test server yet.

As I am looking through this script I am seeing some problematic logic. The add and remove player functions require groups to be set, and adding will add players to groups, etc. Those groups are defined in a properties file. I am going to start from scratch and create some more functionality. See here New Functionality Planning

• did they dig a pit? I am going to work on getting that area protection script done this week. I am stuck on protecting terrain, but once I get that worked out (getting close) I can mark areas like the spawn area.

• I just took a look. it isn't too bad. a couple of missing blocks. you can replace them, or build up the spawn shrine/temple if you want. I am working on that script over lunch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!