Getting Started in Rising World

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • Hello Rising World community! My name is Dan (AKA "Vortac") and today I began recording Rising World for my channel. Like many YouTubers I started off playing Minecraft and branched out from there. This game rounds out my content in a lot of ways since it's something new, but also in the same realm as Minecraft. I know a lot of people are excited about it and I'm hoping that my videos help new players get started. After I posted my first episode, I received a few comments and tweets from people who were excited to learn about the game. They told me that they went and got their own copies which made me feel awesome. I love being able to support new indie projects like this and I hope to keep doing so.

I figured I would come here and share with you new episodes as I publish them. Episode 2 comes out on Monday. For now, let me know what you think! :)

UPDATE: I've added this spoiler tag below to contain all of the previous videos I've posted here. I'll be sure to put the latest video outside of the spoiler box so you know where I'm at in the series.

• Thanks for subscribing, Selawi! :)

Also I did notice the F1 button, but only after I re-watched the video. Someone in the comments also said to use the arrow keys. I feel dumb for missing that but I'm pretty excited to make up for it in future episodes. I love how developed the game is already in such an early stage.

• Episode 5 has been published to this thread. I want to thank this awesome community for the support thus far. :D Also, the Steam community has given this series a very warm reception. In fact, I've had several people comment on videos telling me they bought the game thanks to this series. It feels good to help the Rising World project. ;)

• Well I'm really happy to hear that people who are discovering the game are doing so through these videos. Thanks, everyone! :)

@Turbo No problem, man! A lot of times when any sort of link goes into the comments it auto-flags it. Never know what some people will link. :P

@antikoa Hahahaha! Escaped!! lol that game is... Oh man I thought it was the coolest thing but I quickly lost interest. It's just way too slow. Minecraft is just an easy comparison but I totally get what you're saying. Also, thanks for the compliment! Glad you enjoyed the video(s). :D

• Hey Rising World forum!! So I've been making new episodes but neglected to update the thread here. Still loving the game and I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that the new episodes have been added. Thanks again for all of the support!

• @ Zabka Thanks for subscribing! I'm glad you've enjoyed the series!

Again, sorry I waited so long to update this thread. The series has been going great! I decided to add a spoiler tag because the first post was getting way too long. So, the latest episode will sit outside of the spoiler. When I come back to update the thread, you'll be able to tell how many episodes there are in the series without having to scroll for miles. :)

• Vortac: Enjoying your casually recorded videos after finding Rising World through Blockscape when trying to find an open-world that would allow 'followers' in them. Loving the builds and all that on your end, and with Weems. Hopefully you can keep it up for a long while longer heh.

Eagerly awaiting your next one to see what this delayed food update shall contain in detail :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!