Disconnecting

• Hey

On the client, we often disconnect, many times each hour. Sometimes we can't login after a disconnect. Then we need to close/restarted the game before we can relog again.

Disconnect message:You were kicked from the server!No authentication possible

Need close client and relaunch before we can login again.

Disconnect message:java.net.SocketException: Connection Lost

Need to restart the computer before we can login again most the time with this error.

• Sorry for my late response!

There is a known problem when using cable internet (i.e. when you have a cable internet provider). It only affects some users, and causes a "Connection reset" (the error that occurs in your case) after exactly 10 minutes. Basically the "Connection reset" just means that the connection has been closed unexpectedly, in this case some internet node closes your connection (just for a few milliseconds or seconds, so you won't notice usually, but it causes you to lose the connection to the server and to the HIVE [that's why you can't reconnect to the server, due to the authentication error]).
    It depends on what "route" your internet connection usually takes (in most cases it "goes" through several countries, even if your server is hosted in the same country).

Only workaround for that issue at the moment is to use a VPN service, for example Cyberghost. In most cases that solves the problem (since your connection does take a different route, so there is a high chance to avoid the "problematic node" [which is responsible for your disconnect]).
    We're also working on an automatic reconnect (so you don't get kicked immediately when a connection reset occurs), but this may take some time until it's ready =/

If you don't have cable internet, there is usually another reason for this issue. Make sure no firewall or antivirus program is blocking or interrupting the connection.

• Yes I am a cable user at home. I have now tested with Cyberghost, and the disconnect problem is gone.
    Thank you very much sir, much appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!