change survival to creative

• hi, I return the order setgametype 1 in the admin console to go into creative mode and in return I creativemode is not allowed

• hi, I return the order setgametype 1 in the admin console to go into creative mode and in return I creativemode is not allowed

Console commands only work in single player mode. If you are in multiplayer you cant use the commands unless a server admin has given you access to them.

• @fantay: Even though "setgametype" can be considered as a command, it's actually a different permission: You need explicit permission to enable the creative mode (at least one creativemode must be allowed for you, either the regular default creative mode [like it was prior this update, i.e. instant digging and godmode, and still access to inventory], or the new terrainedit tools).
    The easiest way is to assign yourself to the new "admin" permission group. You can edit this permission file, it's located in your server directory in the subfolder permissions -> groups, but by default it already gives you access to the creativemode. You can become a member of this group by typing setplayergroup playername admin

• the problem I encounter is that I can not server, we created 2 on my solo part openlan but with the update it can not fly etc ...

• the problem I encounter is that I can not server, we created 2 on my solo part openlan but with the update it can not fly etc ...

If you play alone, I'd recommend to play in singleplayer, then you get automatically all permissions. If you want to play in LAN, you basically have to move the "permissions" folder from the dedicated server directory to your game directory. I've uploaded the "permission" folder for you in this post, just download it, extract it and put the folder into your game dir.
    You can either edit the permissions files then, or just use the example admin.permissions file in the "groups" subfolder (it is allowed to use the creative mode). To assign a player to the admin group, just type setplayergroup playername admin

• I attempted to get this to work and I can't get it done. It keeps telling me that I don't even have permission to change groups or that the group admin does not exist......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!