Suquestion

• Is the engine used for Rising World able to support the building of vehicles? (sort of in the same fashion as G-mod except less clunky) If so then how far would a player be able to take it in terms of size, power, etc. If it doesn't support vehicles (motorized, steam,electric w/e) would it be able to in the semi-far/far future? (or even sooner if it's not that big of a hassle)

• This feature is not really related to the engine we use (JMonkeyEngine). We use the engine mainly for the rendering stuff and physics (based on bullet physics engine).

We already discussed that matter (building custom vehicles) in the past, and came to the conclusion, that we'd prefer to implement predesigned vehicles. The reason is, that some players tend to build crazy and unrealistic vehicles when they have the freedom to do this. This is no problem in singleplayer, but may be annoying in multiplayer.

But we are going to give the ability to individualize the predesigned vehicles: You choose the engine, transmission, wheeltype, you can also change the color of your vehicle, maybe also add special extras to the vehicle. However, it's still a long way to go until we finally have vehicles in the game ;)

• It's really been awhile xD i apologize if I've mentioned this in the past. would choosing these things also include weapons and tools to mount onto the vehicle? (for instance a drill on a tracked vehicle for mining or a machine gun on top of an armored car including an enclosed turret?)

• That's true, but I don't know if you've mentioned this already in the past. When I said "we discussed it" I mean I've discussed that within the team :D ;) Long before the first release of the game^^
    About the mounts, yes, something like that could be possible. But we're not sure about it yet^^

• Oh okay lol I misunderstood you, :P well It would definitely be cool if you guys could pull it off! I can just imagine it now, all of the possibilities, a server with hundreds (possibly thousands) of people each in their own little nation or city state (depending on time period) and actually having tens of buildings make up a city in houses, warehouses, lumber mills, oil refineries farms etc. the list goes on. With that setting being your home, you'd work for your leader whoever it may be and when the time comes, you would defend your home town against invading forces! :D Honestly you could call me a dreamer, but really I'm just a gamer who would like to see a game that is basically Age of Empires 2 in a first person perspective (although the timeline isn't strictly medieval) mixed with minecraft, mixed with the sims games (personal customization) and with battles through out being as intense as Omaha beach on D-Day 1944.

I honestly think a game that will give you something reminiscent of PTSD (we'll call it Gamers Traumatic Experience Euphoria or G-TEE for short *if you can come up with a better name, let me know*) would be great, it's just like people who play EVE online, they work and work and work and do all these things over many months (sometimes years) (of course i don't have that kind of patience) to build up and get a huge cruiser or something, just to have it blow up the day after they get it, would it make you feel like crap? yes, it would, BUT it's before that happens and during that are important, because what you're thinking about is protecting what you've built, protecting the people around you and vice versa, you tend to work together, you would have a house, a food supply, a bank or gold storage, the basic things you need for a city to work, resources, workers, food, etc. you would want to protect and build upon that.

Yes i know this could all just be one single server (minus the EVE stuff :P ) and of course there will be fun servers made for in game mini games (kind of how like spleef took off from minecraft) or other quirky things. but I think the one thing that minecraft didn't have during its huge hype is a backbone. While many "civ" servers have popped up in the MC community focused on medieval times or whenever, I think if Rising World had a strong backbone that set guidelines down, but also allowed absolute freedom, you might have just made the next EVE online.

This kind of had to be posted here because, as you can see, my brain likes to crap things out at random and if i think it's something that could be used by someone or to improve upon something, i have to type it out.

So I hope my little "knowledge explosions" give you guys some aid of some kind be it small or large and I'll be sure to be here again if I think of something else. Until then Good Luck & Good Night! (it's currently 2:10AM Central at the time of this writing and I'm beat.)

• So we can make an own Racing Game inside der Rsing World Game ? Is this really true ? You know i only have one live and real life is normaly important for me. If you make these change with vehicles than i have to cancle my real life ^^

• @Dethorath: Sounds really good! Let's see how this evolves, we have some big plans, of course it's important for us to give the player as much freedom as possible. And the greatest potential will surely be in multiplayer, so we definitely concentrate on that feature :)

@Troplay: Well, in combination with LUA scripts you could do a basic racing game :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!