Two accounts with the same name/ duplicate names/ can I change my name?

• Hi all,

I bought two copies of rising world on steam, but I made a mistake and named us both the same name "Sparsewood".

Now we can't join servers together because we both have the same name, but I can't seem to figure out how to change my name.

I tried editing the config.properties but when I launch the game it just rewrites the name.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling through steam, but the name was just put back to "Sparsewood" after I reinstalled and relaunched.

Is there any way for me to change my name or re-register one of my copies?

Thanks for any help or advice.

• ATM there's no way to change names sorry but when red gets the time he will get back to you on the matter ASAP
    He maybe able to help but i cannot make any promises here

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I can't seem to even run both copies at the same time.

I bought two copies of rising world: one for my steam account and one for my daughter's steam account, but I can't have both running at the same time because they both have the same name.

There must be some way to change that.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

• Thanks yahgiggle - I just saw your reply after I posted my second reply.

So I was afraid of that.

It's my own darn fault for using the same name, and I know the game is in development and that profiles are "coming soon" so hopefully a fix of some sort is worked out before too long.

My daughter and I really like this game so I might just bite the bullet and buy a third, non-steam version! After all, maybe my wife will want to play with us :) - well, at least when I get this problem fixed and 3 of us could play at the same time.

Again, thanks for your reply yahgiggle.

• No problem ;-) yes the more playing the more fun i say :-)

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • sparsewood: Sorry for the late response! We removed the links of your account, so the next time you start the game in Steam, you will be asked to create an account or login with an existing account. You can login with "Sparsewood" on the primary Steam account then, and create a new account for the second Steam account :)

• Wow :D many thanks Red!

Tonight (I live in the pacific time zone) I will happily re-create the logins on the two steam accounts, naming one "sparsewood" again and the other (my daughter's) "sheslayer". And since I broke-down and bought a third copy last night (I wanted an excuse to do so anyway!) I'll have a grand total of three accounts! - sparsewood (my main), sheslayer (my daughter's) and batterblaster (my non-steam).

Like Yahgiggle said, the more playing the better!

We love the new update by the way: the biomes are beautiful and add a lovely variety to the palette of the game. They have made traveling and exploring much more engaging.

I'm starting to ramble, so I'll just say thank you again for handling this and thank you for this excellent game.

We look forward to its progress, evolution and your continued success and prosperity.

• It worked!

At first I couldn't seem to log in, so I reset the account passwords at https://www.rising-world.net/#forget by entering the email addresses the corresponding steam accounts were registered with. This worked fine but now one of my accounts is now named "deathcloset" - I think since that is my steam accounts name. No problem, that's all good.

So my daughter is now "sparsewood" since that is her steam account name.

Thanks again for your help! We're currently on Yahgiggles server making a farm and hunting sheep to make some beds!

• thats awesome your on my server witch one lol come to the new one with biomes port 203.184.52.110:4265
    this one has a auto up system where you gain more options for online time spent. ;-D

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Yes, this server is a great server! I am a member, and I'd say it's the best server I have ever joined! The point is to build a city/world with many. No PVP. The structure are just amazing!

There are 2 main spawn-points:
    (open the chat box by pressing T(default) and type:)
    /teleport 1
    /teleport 7

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!