Ideas for tools, weapons, clothing, etc.

• Not sure if all of this has been covered but...

Tools- Include different metal variations of each tool currently used. For example iron is currently the only option available as i write this. include both copper and mithril, as well as cobalt variations, if for at all the appearance of the item. Could also include the ability to smelt coal and iron together to get steel.

Weapons - this is where i may ask the impossible, when making weapons allow the player to change the design on the blade of the sword, or the heads on the axe, or even the basic designs with the morningstar. also allow the ability to make metal handle instead of just wood ones, even could throw in leather from cows to give the ability to wrap the handle in leather, this can also be implemented for the tools. Would also like to see a bow, maybe even a flail, cause they are fun, with leather could give whips to use to heard cows so you can ranch them.

Clothing - you have wool, i like the concept but you do not allow me to make clothes or even dye for my character, this would be nice to have. i see armor slots but not the ability to make the armor for those slots, with that i would suggest allows players to make not only a cloth type armor but leather, chain, scale, half and full plate type armors, could even throw in some random other types, like if you collect enough bones, bone armor, and such.

NPC's - i have read a few posts and seen that some people suggest things like nps's, economy, and this got me thinking how cool would it be if you designed certain things where you could have npc's come in and help you mine, or a merchant who trades with you so you can get things that are scarce in your world for things that are abundant.

Blueprints - Notice that one could make blueprints, although you have i think gold required to make them, should add paper, made from fiber gained either from certain trees, or certain plants, could use grass as a way to create a basic paper, and higher quality paper allows for better lasting things, like books.

Animals - I see cows, goat, elephant, giraffe, bear and tiger, not sure if there are more than those in the game, but i think deer, wolves, more types of cats, and at the least smaller animals like mice and rabbits should make an entrance. as well as horses for mounts.

Building materials - Gained from a friend whom i play the game with, thatch roofing would be nice to see, may not be a high end thing but as a start not a bad idea.

Crafting station - Would love to see leather thrown into this game, as well as a leather crafting table, and then a dye station for both leather and cloth, and maybe an enamel station for metals, for better customization. Could do with a few more choices at other stations as well, like blankets on the loom (or banners) to hang on your walls, or place on the floor. Which also gives the idea of rugs made out of wool and cotton and maybe even animal pelts.

Would love to hear from the community on my ideas, and hopefully the devs about any or all of them.

"Flowing through all, there is balance, There is no peace without a passion to create, There is no passion without peace to guide, Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act, Power blinds without the serenity to see,
    There is freedom in life, There is purpose in death, The Force is all things and I am the Force" -Grey Jedi Code

• Oh and almost forgot, i am sure it is coming in the future but i would love to see hair and gender differences for my character.

"Flowing through all, there is balance, There is no peace without a passion to create, There is no passion without peace to guide, Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act, Power blinds without the serenity to see,
    There is freedom in life, There is purpose in death, The Force is all things and I am the Force" -Grey Jedi Code

• -> Tools: I agree that they should have different mineral variations. We're however going to get electric tools & such, yet hoping Red51 adds in bone tools that can be found from both the 'caveman' era & the 'First nation' (natives of any region) in the world. You never know when bone stuff shall become handy, especially when colonizing enmass.

-> Weapon Customization: This would indeed be sweet. I'd love to create my own weapon designs, or even decorate it with decals, or whatever we can. Small emblems we could add onto them, or something at the least. For Red51 I think this would be tricky, yet accomplishable once the game is 'complete'. We'll indeed get a bow + small fire arms.

-> Clothing: You're not being denied because everything is still being worked on. Clothing is being worked on, as with armor. You'll be able to dye your clothing, as with eventually equiping armor & etc. The animations is holding this back so we're simply waiting on that. I do hope Red51 goes heavily into adding all sorts of clothing & fashion types because that's going to be his main selling point for the game, whether he's aware or not of it. Rising World is an open world game so it needs player customization to match. Waiting on player animations & customization options to be added in.

-> NPCs: I'm pushing for this heavily to the point I may be pissing Red51 off (sorry!). World like these tend to be vast, have that 'abandoned' vibe to it, and it can get really quiet on both singleplayer & multiplayer worlds that it feels spooky and alone. Having NPC comrades would help ease that 'spookiness' just in various ways. We'll indeed get NPC Traders so that's a nice start, yet hoping you can also gain them naturally be recruiting them from the wilderness, if on a rare encounter basis to keep things 'balanced'. Having them tend to light chores would also be a little neat balance (light mining, crafting, & farming) while having them eat as a bonus.

Being able to customize NPC Traders while being able to recruit them as 'body guards' would be a compromise I could deal with. Just as long as I can play with them in full detail shall be sweet. It however be awesome if they joined you in combat, tended to their own hunger, and maybe eventually even learn to assist you in your survival needs. This world is vast so it needs to be tended to seriously. 8o

-> Blueprints: Recipe is only a placeholder until other elements are added into the game. We'll see how he shall nudge them to be more practical in crafting. Gold is only a placeholder, as are a few other features in places. Wool & sheering is an example of this. Same with static water for the eventual flowing water.

-> Animals: Only just the beginning. We'll happily have Wolves & actual sneaky Racoons, among other lovely animals. Same with horses, camels, & other sorts of animals.

-> Building Materials: I've been wanting to suggest thatch roofing, especially when seeing it recommended a few times. It's highly helpful when putting together a quick shelter. With this being Rising World, I can see it having more uses & better appearances than in Minecraft :thumbup:

-> Crafting stations: I agree here. I'm certain we shall go this route because it makes the most sense. Would love to see us building various sorts of banners & such, among carpeting and such. Even sails for sail boats.

-> Character customization: We shall have both male & female customization, as with 'preset' options. I'm hoping it's as vast as the one I've seen in Illusion +18 games for 'Artificial Girl 3', Artificial Academy 1 & 2, & I guess even Phantasy Star Online 2 (Japanese MMO) in detailing. If not at first, could add details constantly to keep customization fresh & unique as time goes by. I'm pretty sure we shall get some basics, yet hoping we'll eventually gain both 'western' & 'Japanese' style character customization to please each audience & player groups in the community. Customization is a very big thing.

[Fixed a typo, or two.]

• Which would you rather see first of what I offered? (pick two) 9

1. Tools (1) 11%
    2. Weapons (1) 11%
    3. Clothing (2) 22%
    4. NPC's (5) 56%
    5. Blueprints (0) 0%
    6. Animals (1) 11%
    7. Building Materials - Thatch (3) 33%
    8. Crafting Stations (4) 44%

I would like to see your feedback on this. Please fill out the poll.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!