Game not opening on Steam (Max OSX 10)

• Just bought this game on Steam for my Mac (10.10) and when I go to press play on Steam, a box appears that says the game is going to launch, but then it just disappears. I've tried deleted the local game files, deleting the Steam AppCache, quiting Steam, restarting my computer, but nothing seems to work. :(

• Mac has a nasty "bug" (not our fault): JDK 1.6 is preinstalled, and Java always prefer the JDK over the JRE. So it doesn't matter which JRE version you install, it always uses the outdated JDK.

Please go to your game folder (rightclick on Rising World in your Steam library, select Properties, go to "local files" and then hit "browse local files...". Please open the "info" file and have a look at the content. If it starts with

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
    steamloader/SteamLoader : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

then you need to install the newest version of the JDK: http://www.oracle.com/technetw…k8-downloads-2133151.html

• Thanks for the reply! So I installed what you told me to and the game opened for a brief minute. Then I went into settings to check off the "fullscreen" option and the game just crashed. Now everytime I go to open it again, the app says its going to open but nothing happens and it ends up just crashing. Any suggestions?

*Update* I believe this is my error log:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Report of 10.12.2014 by Phrankel
    OS: Mac OS X Version: 10.10.1 Java version: 1.8.0_25 JVM architecture: x86_64
    CPU cores: 8 Executor poolsize: 1
    Memory used: 107.98 MB reserved: 259.59 MB max: 1037.96 MB

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Existing buffers: 4686
    (b: 2316 f: 1628 i: 7 s: 735 d: 0)
    Total heap memory held: 105453kb
    Total direct memory held: 341402kb
    (b: 340686kb f: 653kb i: 0kb s: 60kb d: 0kb)

Settings:
    Resolution: 1024x768 (Fullscreen)
    Frequency: 60 Vsync: off
    DepthBits: 16
    BitsPerPixel: 24
    Samples: 1
    MaxFrames: 200
    Renderer: LWJGL-OpenGL2

Anisotropic: 0
    DynamicLights: 100 Quality: 2
    ViewDistance: 9 (LOD: 25)

LS(Q)/LG/ENV/PHD/NM/FOD/FXAA/SPEC/REFR/SSAO: 1(60)/1/1/1/1/1/0/0/11

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine Vendor: Intel Inc. OpenGL version: 2.1 INTEL-10.0.86
    Accelerated Memory: Indeterminate
    GLMaxTextureSize: 16384
    GLMaxTextureImageUnits: 16
    GLMaxArrayTextureLayers: 35071
    GLMaxVertexTextureImageUnits: 16
    GLMaxVertexUniforms: 4096
    GLMaxFragmentUniforms: 4096
    GLMaxVaryingFloats: 60
    GLMaxVertexAttribs: 16

Capabilities: [FrameBuffer, FrameBufferMRT, FrameBufferMultisample, OpenGL20, OpenGL21, ARBprogram, GLSL100, GLSL110, GLSL120, VertexTextureFetch, TextureArray, FloatTexture, FloatColorBuffer, FloatDepthBuffer, PackedFloatTexture, SharedExponentTexture, PackedFloatColorBuffer, NonPowerOfTwoTextures, MeshInstancing, Multisample]

Camera location: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) Camera rotation: (0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)
    Total running time: 41.597404

/Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/risingworld.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-core.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-desktop.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-effects.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-jbullet.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jinput.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jbullet.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-jogg.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-lwjgl.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-lwjgl-natives.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-networking.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-plugins.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/jME3-terrain.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/j-ogg-oggd.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/j-ogg-vorbisd.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/lwjgl.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/stack-alloc.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/core/vecmath.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/jiw/jiw-gui.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/jiw/jiw-bytenetwork.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/server.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/commons.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/lib/sqlite-jdbc.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/lib/luaj.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/interface.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/materials.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/models.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/music.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/sounds.jar Checksum: N/A
    /Users/Phrankel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorld/data/assets/textures.jar Checksum: N/A

Error details:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find fullscreen display mode matching settings
    com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.createContext(LwjglDisplay.java:79)
    com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:177)
    com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:228)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• I am experiencing the exact same problem got all the java updates,,,,finally got it working, then when I selected full screen it disappeared and now won't relaunch....spent $16 on this and would kinda like it to work....

• Try going into your RisingWorld installation location and editing the config.properties. You are looking for a line "graphic_fullscreen=true". Set that to false. I think that will put you back into windowed mode.

• what kind of Apples MAC do we talk here? IMAC? MacBook?

please be aware, an IMAC has only an ATI RADEON HD 6770 M with 512 MB, it will be very normal to have mostly FPS around 15-23.

Thats the facts of mine.

• i dont know what mac it is.. but her mac can play neverwinter smooth as hell, and that game is......HUGE MMO and this is just.. TINY and still runs like crap :/

• Please don't compare a predefined world with a dynamic world, two different pairs of shoes ;)
    You should try lowering your graphics settings, especially Ambient Occlusion is a very costly effect.

• I have downloaded the JDK file and it still doesn't work. It will pop up for a second as "Preparing to launch" and then not do anything after that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!