Cannot see blocks in inventories/GUI/invisible blocks

• I'm loving the game so far. My laptop just barely meets the minimum requirements, I had to turn all the settings down as far as they go. Even still, as a long time player of Minecraft, I really enjoy Rising World. My laptop's specs are:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
    System: TOSHIBA Satellite L505D-ES5024
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M520 (2CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM (3.75 GB usable)

VideoCard: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
    Approx. Total Memory: 1915 MB
    Dedicated Video Memory: 256 MB

*The issue I'm having is that in all of the GUIs (inventory, chests, etc.) the blocks are invisible (dirt, stone, brick, logs.) They're all still functioning, with hover over details, just no images. All other preview images for other objects seem completely fine, just cubical blocks of all kinds and tree logs. The closest thread I found to this specific issue was in German. There it was recommended to update an AMD video driver. Mine is up to date, however. I'd be happy to know if there's something I can do for this. If not, I will continue to play and enjoy this game. Thanks for your time.

• Please try this: Go to your game directory (steamversion: Rightclick on RW in Steam -> Properties -> Local files -> Browse local files), open the "config.properties" file and set "graphic_texture_quality" to 0, then save the file and run the game again. Does the issue still persist? If so, please open Console (by pressing key ` or ~) and type "report" (without quot. marks), then a file called "report" (followed by a long number) should appear in your game directory. Please open it with a texteditor, copy the content and paste it here ;)

• Thanks for the errorlogs! I guess this problem might be caused by the graphics driver then. Unfortunately laptop manufacturers often don't keep their drivers up to date, the driver on the Toshiba homepage for your laptop model seems to be from 2009 8| Your installed version is from 2013 at least.
    It might eventually also be caused by the graphics card, it's not officially supported and does not meet the minimum requirements unfortunately :( I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about it... Do you eventually have any plans to upgrade your hardware soon?

About the CTD: That's indeed a bug which occurs since the latest update. It will be fixed in the next update ;)

• Of course, I'd like to eventually get a better laptop/pc, it would be wonderful to see Rising World (as well as other games) with some turned up settings. I really can't say when that would be happening, my wife and I live on a very fixed income, I'm a disabled Army veteran. The minor graphical issue at least doesn't prevent me from playing the game. I'm working on building Rochester Castle in game right now.

I'm glad the CTD could be fixed in the next update. Can you give me a hint when that will be coming around, or is it a secret?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!