Changelog 2016-01-27: Trading, bugfixes, optimizations

• Hey folks! Another update is available, it does not introduce much new content, but instead it fixes a bunch of nasty bugs and annoying crashes that kept us busy the last weeks. Due to extensive changes on the technical side of the game, we had to do multiple tests before we were able to release this update (especially in multiplayer) to make sure it does not break anything.

This update also introduces a lot of important optimizations and improvements in terms of memory management, performance and world generation speed, especially in multiplayer, but also in singleplayer.

Apart from that, this update also fixes a crash (when geometry instancing was enabled in combination with amd graphics cards) that has been around for a while now. So if you disabled the "graphics_instancing" flag in the config file in the past (as a workaround), you should be able to re-enable this feature again (resulting in less memory consumption).

Though this update is mainly about bugfixes and optimizations, at least one new feature is now available: The ability to trade with other players. You can invite a player for trading, and once the accepts, you can exchange items with him. Eventually some sort of currency will be added in the medium term, too.

Of course we are still working on some other stuff in the background, among others water and new playermodels, animations and items. We can probably provide some previews soon ;)

• [New] You can trade items with other players now (barter trade)
    • [New] Debuglight (L) can be disabled via permissions (general->debuglight: false)
    • [New] PVE (killing animals) can be disabled via permissions (general->pve: false)
    • [New] Added command 'setofflinegroup' to change permission group of a player that is currently not online
    • [Change] Increased speed of world generation
    • [Change] Optimized database queries
    • [Change] Improved overall performance
    • [Change] Game should no longer begin to stutter when walking large distances
    • [Change] Reduced memory consumption of the game
    • [Change] Flyspeed can be adjusted now by holding shift and using the scroll wheel
    • [Change] Changed debug output when pressing F3
    • [Change] Server automatically renames "permissions.example" folder to "permissions" now if it is not available yet
    • [Change] Added "chat transparency" slider to view adjustment menu
    • [Change] Animal reverb sounds will be adjusted correctly now
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash to desktop (jint_disjoint_arraycopy)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed AMD graphics cards related crash when 'graphic_instancing' was enabled*
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug which prevented the game from saving the world correctly
    • [Bugfix] Fixed inventory not saving correctly (sometimes occurring rollback to previous state)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with suddenly reoccurring plants
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "black blueprint previews" in some cases
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue when placing blueprint with many objects (resulting in missing chunks)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing snow texture when 'graphic_instancing' is set to false
    • [Bugfix] Fixed lighting issues when 'graphic_instancing' is set to false
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong input when opening console directly after spawn
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "jittering" of other players when they spawn in flymode
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash when removing favorites from serverlist
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong sun intensity when returning from hell
    • [Bugfix] Setting for "anisotropic filtering" will be saved correctly now
    • [Bugfix] You get the correct amount of saplings when cutting a plant now
    • [Bugfix] Spruce saplings can now be picked up again
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues with some sound effects
    • [Bugfix] Fixed start problems on some machines (when Windows wasn't up-to-date)

Bugfix 2016-01-29:

• [New] Added "general->invulnerable", "general->nohungerthirst" and "creative->nohungerthirst" permissions
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue that prevented digging in underground areas
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue that caused the game to spam chunk requests to the server
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that prevented animals from moving
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that animals were able to attack you even when you was at a mich higher elevation
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that caused trees to vanish when cutting them (only when graphic_instancing was set to false)

Bugfix 2016-01-31:

• [Change] Slightly increased amount of saplings you get from a lemon tree
    • [Change] Increased performance when using MySQL
    • [Change] Old world backups (>2 weeks) in ".backup" subfolder will be deleted automatically now (nur SQLite)
    • [Change] Reduced gap between images and walls
    • [Change] Hostile animals no longer hunt you if 'general->invulnerable' permission is set to true
    • [Bugfix] Fixed chunk loading problems
    • [Bugfix] Fixed server crash when player connect took too long
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with players being unable to connect to a server
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue when too many construction elements were placed in the same chunk
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that caused the server to generate the world extremely slow sometimes
  • Great work, world loads much faster now and no more crashes! Yay! :thumbsup:

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, I'd have all my money back" :P

• have a bug when i cut trees they disapear
    can only harvest the trunk
    did not try this in a new world
    did not find any topic of this so i hope it's not me alone
    if it is the gpu then i have to buy new they don't update my drivers anymore
    but the game run's better nice work

• Thanks for the Feedback :)

have a bug when i cut trees they disapear

This is a small bug that occurs when 'graphic_instancing' is disabled in the config.properties file (which was the workaround for the amd crash in the past). This bug will be fixed shortly. However, since the amd related crash should no longer occur, I'd recommend to set 'graphic_instancing' to true again, this should solve the issue with the disappearing tree ;)

• unbelieveble always a solution
    problem with trees fixed :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that! :)

Does anyone know how to enable pvp/creative mode in local multiplayer??? I really need help.

In local multiplayer you have to insert or create the permissions folder in the game directory manually, since it's not delivered with the game by default. Easiest way is to download the Dedicated Server Files, and extract the "permissions.example" file into your game directory. Now you can edit the particular permission files (for example the default.permissions, if it should affect all players), as decribed here: Permission system
    This enabled pvp and creative mode:

Code
    general:
    pvp: true
    creative:
    allow:
  • THX Red for the bugfixing patch. I agree that this was the number one problem to solve. I can tell for me, with AMD GK with OpenGL crash problems, so far so good. Surely I can confirm that later. Probably as a little bonus since the update I've noticed that in my world "somebody" implanted a lot of birch trees. So again thanx a lot and keep up the good work. Now if you excuse me, I must sharpen my axe and chop some trees. :D

• mmm... "playermodels" no me puedo imaginar como podrían ser :F. Me gusta la idea de mas elementos, player models :D y agua! seria genial lo de las monedas! Lo espero con ansias. Ojala que en futuro puedan agregar personajes NPJ, creo que lo haría mas interesante, ya sean buenos o malos 8) .
    Saludos desde Argentina ^^

• Original post from @LokTedd4000

Google translator version

mmm ... " playermodels " I can not imagine how they could be : F . I like the idea of more elements , player models : D and water! it would be great coins ! I'm waiting excited. I hope that in future they can add characters NPC , I think it would more interesting , whether good or bad 8).
    Greetings from Argentina

:rolleyes: Greetings from Belgium lol ^^

• [b] publicación original de [url = "https: //forum.rising-world.net/index.php/User/1813-LokTedd4000/ '] @ LokTedd4000 [/ url] [/ b] "playermodels" no me puedo Como Imaginar podrian ser: F. Me gusta la idea de Mas Elementos, modelos de jugador: D y agua! seria lo genial de Las Monedas! Lo espero ansias estafadores. Ojala que en futuro puedan buscas? Busca otros personajes NPJ, creo Que Lo Haría mas interesante, ya sean buenos o malos 8). Saludos desde Argentina ^^ [/ quote] [/ spoiler] [b] Versión Traductor Google [/ b] [quote] [b] [/ b] mmm ... "playermodels" No puedo imaginar cómo podrían ser: F . Me gusta la idea de más elementos, modelos de jugador: D y el agua! Sería muy bueno monedas! Estoy esperando emocionados. Espero que en el futuro se pueden añadir personajes NPC, creo que sería más interesante, ya sea bueno o malo 8). Saludos desde Argentina [/ quote] [b] [/ b]: rolleyes: Saludos desde Bélgica lol ^^ [b] [/ b]

Genial! Bélgica? Que lejos!

• @Stanix and @Mythra13: Glad to hear that :)
    @SilverSatin: Yeah, that somehow got lost during the last weeks, due to the extensive bug hunting :D But it's back on my screen now, will be available with the next update^^

---------------------------------------
    A new bugfix is now available, which should solve some of the latest issues (e.g. animals not moving, or unable to dig underground etc) ^^ A serverupdate is required for this update

Bugfix 2016-01-29:

• [New] Added "general->invulnerable", "general->nohungerthirst" and "creative->nohungerthirst" permissions
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue that prevented digging in underground areas
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue that caused the game to spam chunk requests to the server
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that prevented animals from moving
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that animals were able to attack you even when you was at a mich higher elevation
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that caused trees to vanish when cutting them (only when graphic_instancing was set to false)
  • Hmm maybe this new update fixed some people's lagging problems, but...
    ...we didn't really have any lagging issues until now. We're running a dedicated server (4 dual core Xeons and 32 gig ram, so I don't think it's memory related lol) and as I said this ran smoother on our computers before. Now, every 5 to 10 seconds or so, it will hang for a second or two. Seems to only happen when walking around, like maybe something to do with world loading.

Otherwise, this is a fantastic game! Indeed, thank you Red51 for all the hard work! :)

I would love to be able to add new textures to the game, say with a .json file or the like, and simply drop the texture and optional normal maps and such into a 'custom textures' folder or something. Or, it would even be cool to add a new texture to be used on blocks/constructions in a similar way to adding a poster. A GUI with the file selection, and controls for adding normal maps, % of transparency, how much light it gives off if any, etc. Just some ideas :)

• @xeridox: Do you use SQLite or MySQL on your server? When it hangs, does the game freeze completely, or are you still able to move around (so just world generation pauses)? Please try out the latest bugfix, if it does not solve your issue, eventually create a now topic for that ;)
    About the textures, currently it's only possible to use texturepacks^^

---------------------------------------
    Another bugfix is available, it mainly fixes some multiplayer related issues :)

Bugfix 2016-01-31:

• [Change] Slightly increased amount of saplings you get from a lemon tree
    • [Change] Increased performance when using MySQL
    • [Change] Old world backups (>2 weeks) in ".backup" subfolder will be deleted automatically now (nur SQLite)
    • [Change] Reduced gap between images and walls
    • [Change] Hostile animals no longer hunt you if 'general->invulnerable' permission is set to true
    • [Bugfix] Fixed chunk loading problems
    • [Bugfix] Fixed server crash when player connect took too long
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with players being unable to connect to a server
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue when too many construction elements were placed in the same chunk
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that caused the server to generate the world extremely slow sometimes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!