Question/suggestions for smelting and tree chopping.

• Hello, while playing RW today I had a couple ideas. The first one has to do with chopping trees down. I love the mechanic of the tree falling, its awesome, but it seems like its random which way the tree falls. The way I gather wood is by finding a gully or ravine, then chopping the tree and letting all the logs collect at the bottom, that way I chop a bunch and then collect them at the bottom. I'm just wondering if at some point we'll be able to somewhat control which way the tree falls. Like maybe the way youre facing makes the tree fall within 30 degrees of that direction. I think it would add realism because loggers in real life can be pretty precise when felling a tree.

The next question/suggestion is about smelting. I really like not having a menu interface on the furnace, but it feels a little tedious placing and removing each ore and ingot from the small slots. The ore slots have a pretty small hitbox so sometimes it takes a minute to get the cursor in the right spot. Add to that the fact that I play with a PS3 controller (I know, I know, I'm sorry) and it starts to feel like a chore loading the furnace.
    I was thinking it would feel way smoother if, instead of loading each ore slot individually, you could just put the cursor anywhere on the ore tray and press the appropriate button and it would load or unload one ore or ingot, neatly lining them in the slots one at a time. That way you keep the ability to smelt multiple ore types at once, while streamlining the loading and unloading process.
    Neither of these are make or break features for me, I just thought I'd throw them out there and see what others thought.

Cheers!

• I vote for that style of controlled falling, yet fear it may spawn more of those flying trees again. I'd vote for it still because you do need control over them.

As for smelting, I do agree that you should click the tray instead to have it queue up auto for you. This vote of mine actually holding stronger because of all the complaints I heard about them. Either polish it up so we can reach all the slots, or have the tray itself auto-queue until it's ready to auto-queue back into your inventory from the complete ones. Much agreed with slipsonic here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!