Kitsu Test World & [Water Update] Niska Village

• Finally got the game after so long of 'window shopping' that I can now experiment & mess about within Rising World. Trying out the whole survival features while also trying to make myself at home. Feels awesome. I tried streaming it while getting lost up on some mini-mountains area (shall compass my way back eventually) that I built down below on some flat areas next to a Savannah biome. It's quite neat. Starting off with a rough structure because I'm still new, yet now giving it the fancier touches because it's that awesome. Making myself a nice farm using the scythes & such, while also beforehand having KanColle related images on the wall from my Twitch stream. I need something of 'my own touch' to keep me immersed in my own world without being spooked. There was one spooky track that sent me off early the first night, then kept on alert the next few times the second night.

I'm loving Rising World! Just trying to settle in while getting to know everything :)

- Next Plans:

Now trying to figure out how to design my next building to hold storage related stuff while also trying to keep it scenic. It'll be in the spot in the second last image with the green grass cirlcle next that building. Also planning a second floor for some window spaces. It's going to look funky, yet something I'm going to start off with. Was told to also play with the piano, and that's where it shall be :)

-----------

[Edit: Updated the title for the world name being 'Test-Kitsu' & after naming my village 'Niska' in a fox theme.]

• This second session was even more fun with my friend hopping on. Still nothing overly fancy, or noteworthy, yet gradually getting settled more into our my test world. While he joined, got his tools, more materials, and started work on his wooden home I was able to built a Smelter-crafting building next to my home. I even upped an apple & lemon orchard next to the 'smelter-crafting' building. Same with tending to the farms, mining, moving things from my home to the new crafting-smelting area, as with starting work on on a food storage & service area. I was told to try a piano, and that I'm trying by making the 'restaurant' type area.

Had a little trouble with an invisible Tiger during a wood supply shortage that I dragged an invisible tiger back for a 30 min dramatic fun. Killed my friend roughly 10 times with his corpses in three places (my home, tent, and Smelter-Crafting area). What a crazy session 8o

• I guess this answers the question I asked in a reply on Steam. I'm surprised you've gone this long without playing a game that you are so passionate about and have been very active within its community. Glad you finally got the chance to experience it. It really is an enjoyable game :)

• You mentioned streaming. Have you uploaded any videos on youtube? I've been following as many "lets play" videos of Rising World and just playing them in the background while at work. It's relaxing and enjoying to experience someone else's first impression. It also helps me re-live my first experiences so I don't have to dwell too much on the fact that there is no water yet. :(

• I guess this answers the question I asked in a reply on Steam. I'm surprised you've gone this long without playing a game that you are so passionate about and have been very active within its community. Glad you finally got the chance to experience it. It really is an enjoyable game :)

Yes, yes it does. Ya, surprises me also while seeing how much has updated along the way. That's also only natural I'd be passionate about Rising World when seeing how it wants to improve the gaming world in its own clever way + seeing all those neat features. Even the road-map & what's in the game currently :P. I am overly glad that I also got my trusty friend to join in on his own will. I didn't have to push him either. The game spoke loud & clear. :thumbsup:

You mentioned streaming. Have you uploaded any videos on youtube? I've been following as many "lets play" videos of Rising World and just playing them in the background while at work. It's relaxing and enjoying to experience someone else's first impression. It also helps me re-live my first experiences so I don't have to dwell too much on the fact that there is no water yet. :(

Twitch Stream ( twitch.tv/subtrance ) with me picking a time from 3 pm to 11 pm EST (Mostly an evening time-slot). It's not all the time, yet when I'm 'free'' from work, and free in general. I also have Youtube channel that I'll try updating in a few weeks, or so, once I continue to settle in with everything. New computer gained last Friday that I had to install games, programs, & even stuff for Twitch. I still need to get a video editing software & the like.

-> Twitch: twitch.tv/subtrance
    -> Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/eurosubstance

I truly can't wait for water, more water-related biomes, & even player customization to join the mix. Player models, & horses. Need more places to wander, myself to personalize, and places colonize heh. I want to extend the road I have somewhere, in jest. I also did similar to what you did for Let's PLays just to see what was new with updates, but then Vortacvid, Weemcast, & Ghalmaron all threw a fit so I couldn't stay up to date anymore. Don't need them anymore on Rising World :P. I can now see it for myself.

• Session 3 - Building Niska Restaurant + Building 'Fort White Fox' In Winter Biome:

Hoped on to continue building my restaurant to store all the food, and to be a place of safety. Even a place to put the piano, tables, & to eventually be used to serve people. Built it up nicely in a nice simple look while also being functional. Loving it. Need to now populate it with objects. My friend was also busy experimenting with walls & such while building up his wall. He kept taking most of the trees that it was a bit tricky at times, yet easier this time.

We got bored at one point that we decided to go on our little adventure. Not really bored, just got tired of building that we wanted to explore. First played with various furniture, then built myself a compass to explore, among a sword & a few other things. Just some light 'amusements' with a piano also being added into the restaurant. Once ready, we went through various desert biomes, got some ores, and even made it to a winter biome that felt like a different planet. It was so.....'empty'. I decided to build a fort so we could come back to it, spending a few hours hastily building it up. Even taking that extra last hour to up pillar posts to note where to go to-and-from that place. Even glad I colonized that place because of all the ores I'm finding <3. This is making me wish we had horses to keep going back & forth between the two settlements.

The image with the elephant we thought was dead was actually spleeping (8th image). Even took the time to name the village 'Niska' because we need a place to reference to. It's now a settlement, and it now needs to be treated as such, and 'Niska' has a nice ring to it. Shall carry this one over to the main map once those necessary updates arrive + this game matures more. Loving my progress :love:

[I need to go back to rename a few signs for inaccurate names.]

• hehe.. it looks like you shoveled a path through the snow to get to your fort. That looks neat and I want to try that now when I get home.

Just curious, what was your impression of the added music? Since you just recently started the game, I assume that you haven't heard any of the music except for possibly the main title theme. On all the youtube videos, the background music is barely audible.

• hehe.. it looks like you shoveled a path through the snow to get to your fort. That looks neat and I want to try that now when I get home.

Just curious, what was your impression of the added music? Since you just recently started the game, I assume that you haven't heard any of the music except for possibly the main title theme. On all the youtube videos, the background music is barely audible.

Yup. Had to flatten out the terrain in and around my 'White Fox Fort', while also slicing some grass up to make a clear pathway from one pillar to the next. Wanting to go back so I could make it a dirt pathway + adding some guard rails & bridges for those drop-offs. So much to do, even if it's just a test world. Makes it easier getting their and back easily :P

Oh! The music is overly awesome. Very immersive, and nice. It all fits the game nicely while seeing what musical program they might have composed it. There's really enough to have a nice soundtrack going, and even their own in-game music tracks to craft (or find) in a digital or those camera compact disc cards when we get to electronic devices. It's awesome that I'd love to hear it externally, as well as internally through a musical device on command. It would give me a reason to build mini & enlarged 'concert halls'.

Here's a thread to check out: http://steamcommunity.com/app/…ons/0/405691491122488252/ - of what I consider awesome & impressive.

• Hmmm, I do like the idea of crafting or finding music. I know Minecraft lets you craft music records to play in the jukebox. However it makes more sense to find something. Perhaps whenever dungeons are added, that can be one of the treasures to be found, to unlock new music. Heck, a piano roll that could be fed into one of those auto-playing pianos would be pretty neat too

My only complaint about the music currently is there's one particular piece which has the sound of howling wind in it. When I first heard it, I thought it was hauntingly beautiful. I was in the winter biome at the time and combined with the sound effects ( which like you said in your link, the sounds of walking on snow and snapping twigs all add to the realizm) sounded appropriate for that setting. However I've heard the same piece in other biomes as well where the weather seemed calmer. I hope that eventually the sound effect will be removed or if the music would only be played during eerie weather such as strong winds, rain downpour, and blizzards. I feel that the sounds and music are detailed and organic and given the amount of detail Red is putting into this game, it should be an experience as well as a game when its all done. The sound pieces are there (there are TONS of sound effects packaged in the game but not all of which are implemented yet), just needs some more arrangement.

• Correction: You can only discover these music discs, yet you can craft the jukebox & the noteblocks. To find these discs you would have to either A) loot the dungeons (those that spawn entities), or b) Have a skeleton kill a creeper by luring them. This second one was a real pain in the ass.

For Red51 & RW, I'd say just craft up the music because with any newer ones simply being dungeon trophies. Give us a basic 5, then allow us to find others as we go on. Maybe even 'burning' our music into the multiplayer game to then store on the server & such.

Not sure if it's the one you speak of, yet the one that spooked me off of Rising World one night started off with a space sound, then it went all happy with a piano or something. Playing solo it scared the crap out of you because you suddenly believe you're in space, or being haunted by something. I need the tracks at my fingertips to tell you which one it is. Lots of potential in this game, as you mentioned, that there's lots to do. Red51 being overwhelmed that everything is taking ages. Same with the sound. Can't wait for more of those to be added in gradually over time.

• - Session 4 - House Renovation & Roofing in Niska:

After being denied some hours by work I wanted to sneak in some to rework my house to be more 'homely'. It's nothing special when compared to people's complex, yet it's something special to me now that I built it as my first creation. I wanted to get back to it because I'll be in that world for a bit longer (who knows how long) that I wanted to improve it for a few more months, or so. Even blueprinting it into another world.

I basically replaced the walls with something more rural-stone type, even adding a main window for viewing the farm & my friend's wooden home. Just making it more visually pleasing, more homely, and more welcoming. Even adding a second floor to decorate, make use of, and to just be "at home" when waltzing around the world. For the few hours I was given, I did make the most of it with it being awesome work. Love the view from all sides. Now considering adding a backyard to hold a BBQ/smoker for a summer homely touch.

I also started preparations for lining the next road way by giving it poplar saplings, clearing some trees, and even loosely plotting where the next road shall be for my experimental city hall design for Niska village. Once I get more time I shall start work plotting & planning my Niska town hall, if on a smaller scale. Need to start somewhere :thumbsup: . How I love this game.

=========

- Next Plans:
    1) Add roofing to my home
    2) Add both a basement & a second floor the restaurant for 'raw food' storage (basement) & a sitting area (2nd floor).
    3) Add a roof to my smelter/crafting building.
    4) Experimental City Hal that may also be a prototype for future city hall designs within Niska for other future settlements (when I decide to colonize & etc).
    5) Work on 'Fort White Fox' by also more medieval related items within its walls. More 'living' areas.
    6) Experiment making a wooden cabin (as mentioned elsewhere)
    6.1) Luxurious version shall come even later when necessary updates are out.

Next Patches Related:
    7)- Make a fishing village
    6.1) Luxurious version shall come even later when necessary updates are out.

• - Starting Niska City Hall:

It appears people are more focused on the water update that they're pretty much ignoring everything else. They're too focused on water & that new colonial canon, yet ignoring everything else that it becomes frustrating from all the buzzkill from other related topics. You know how frustrating that is? Either way, I'm going to continue posting on here (not on steam) because it's easy to log what I've done. I'm going to ignore posting on steam.....

The few hours that I did have, I put towards prepping the ground, laying the foundation, and aiming the walls upward while looking through what blocks I could use for the city hall. Happily trying to get enough stone to plot the walls, plot the upper design, and the design in general. It looks crappy now, yet it "MAY" appear awesome further down the line. We'll have to see how much time I can continue investing with work in the way to continue progressing on building that semi-complex-basic- city hall. Once I blue-print this (if I can) I'll have to spin it around to face the other way. I was simply hoping to have a height advantage over my home to peak over it, and to just build it up. I was trying to think-ahead, yet didn't consider the viewing bit too much. I guess the poplar trees takes that into consideration, somewhat.

(First image is of KanColle Japanese art of 'Bismarck' & 'Kiso', both WW2 vessels in personification form postered up on the second floor of my home. Image #9 also has 'Vara', my arctic fox personification viewed from the window on the road the city hall is facing. The rest being 'Niska City Hall'.)

• - Tests & Little Handful 'building' Sessions + 'Pre-Water Update Testing:

Tried to find more time to build up my city hall, yet focused more on Euro Truck Sim 2 & American Truck Sim 2. Needing to settle into every other game, + testing out Empyrion. Even so, trying to figure out how to level off the first floor to allow for the second floor to make its way onto Niska City Hall build plan. That, and jokingly built a tribute Throne Chair for the lovely German battleship Bismarck (first image) in her human personification in Valentines ribbons. She now awaits a more formal NPC with guns, or at least her official uniform.

Secondly, loving this pre-water update with the new draw bridge, manhole covers, & doors. Same with the ID block tool tip to see what ID you need to build with. Some ID's I saw as helpful, yet others not so much going into quad-digit range. Now, shall be interesting to use these new features into my builds. More so for 'Fort White Fox' with the draw bridge, and same with the doors for my structures. Manhole covers needs more tweaking to be of full use in pure survival.

• [Image 1 - New throne chair tribute for the lovely German Bismarck from KanColle.
    • Image 2 & 3 - Lovely new iron door now used for my home with a nice squeaky iron sound. More secure & more classy.
    • Image 4 being the new door from the recent update for the restaurant.
    • Image 5 being the new manhole cover (second) while trying to figure out how to use it to be clever & in 100% survival mode. Frustrating it didn't work as well as it could have. I'm now expecting a block types and/or adapters to make full use of it. Even hoping to be able to reach past it to put ladders & such under it.
    • Image 6, 7, & 8 being my draw bridge test which connects my oddly lined road from 'Fort White Fox' & 'Niska Village'. I had it set at an angle because of how my road goes, as with how the gap of the mini-ravine is formed. Was a good way to test it also. It somehow reached the other end while being of high use. It sadly needs angled supports to keep with it.
    • Image 9 is of my buddy 'Nodachikashi' joining in on the Rising World fun in a new manner with his 'tutorial' type house. Taught him how to eat, build, and such in an overly rushed basic manner. That now makes two friends joining me. Two more need to join then it's like during my Minecraft Golden Age.
    • Image 10 is of my restaurant gradually being populated with tables & such. Playing around with table types & chairs, yet desiring more variations. Added Yuudachi (left), an Empyrion drone trophy image (hidden behind wall), plus my Canadian themed Mercedes truck in Euro Truck Sim 2 within the Bratislava area. Trying to gradually build up & decorate, yet overwhelmed.

Can't wait to Rising World some more with my buddies, and to continue building up my city hall also. That build has been struggling. I have new doors to give it at the least. I can't wait for the water update also for the birthday month for me. Water shall be my birthday present then. If so, can I request a VIIB Submarine submarine as my gift? I used to have that submarine in Silent Hunter 3 :P

• I watched your stream for a few minutes last night when you were trying to place the manhole cover. I tried to set this as well because it would be cool to have a sewer system for water to flow through eventually.

Anyways, I've been having some issues with ladders and holes for a while now. It seems a 1x1 hole is a little too small but a 2x2 is too large. I did place a manhole cover over blocks last night then broke away the 4 blocks from below and replaced them with 4 curved ramp blocks on their sides which made a perfect circle that the manhole covered just nice. However, the ladder is placed a little too recessed into the circular vertical tunnel I made.

http://images.akamai.steamuser…5F4F82B145ED6E526E812735/

• I watched your stream for a few minutes last night when you were trying to place the manhole cover. I tried to set this as well because it would be cool to have a sewer system for water to flow through eventually.

Anyways, I've been having some issues with ladders and holes for a while now. It seems a 1x1 hole is a little too small but a 2x2 is too large. I did place a manhole cover over blocks last night then broke away the 4 blocks from below and replaced them with 4 curved ramp blocks on their sides which made a perfect circle that the manhole covered just nice. However, the ladder is placed a little too recessed into the circular vertical tunnel I made.

http://images.akamai.steamuser…5F4F82B145ED6E526E812735/

I was trying to curve it last night, yet saw it wouldn't do so nicely. I'll give it another go tonight so we can get this working. I guess Red51 did do testing, yet for me on my side it kept being a pain in the ass. Now that I see proof the curved blocks do it I'll have to try again later. The problem is you need to climb both up & down so what you going to do there?

Also, thanks for joining my stream for that little bit. Much appreciated :)

• From my experience in the past, the top of the ladder should be placed half a block below the surface. I use g to snap to grid. This reduces the severity of the issue where I'm trying to get on or off the ladder at the top and I'm moving super slow across the opening as if the game can't figure out what I'm trying to do. I'm sure Red51 and team knows about this issue. On other games you press E (or F in this case) to grab onto a ladder. This would probably fix the problem but I still like the Minecraft style where you automatically grab a nearby ladder.

• From my experience in the past, the top of the ladder should be placed half a block below the surface. I use g to snap to grid. This reduces the severity of the issue where I'm trying to get on or off the ladder at the top and I'm moving super slow across the opening as if the game can't figure out what I'm trying to do. I'm sure Red51 and team knows about this issue. On other games you press E (or F in this case) to grab onto a ladder. This would probably fix the problem but I still like the Minecraft style where you automatically grab a nearby ladder.

I figured out the ladder issue last night that it needs to be one block under the surface to stop detecting your avatar. All this, when playing with a simple manhole cover that needs more polishing. it's a tricky thing in general, yet neat how we're learning how to make use of it. Adapting our builds to it. I need to also remember to use 'G' to snap objects to places. Been wanting to use it, yet forgot what key it was binded to in these past few sessions.

I took a quick peak at the image before I left, missing the ladder in haste to work. I now see it and am going to try playing with it tonight.

• - Manhole Covers Curiousity - Part 2 | Niska Restaurant Expansion | General Decoration:

A nice 3 part 3 hours & 19 minute session dealing with various (somewhat specific) things. First tested out the manhole cover in singleplayer, later to show it off on 'Openlan' & 'Twitch' to have fun with it. That's a nice trick that both Red51 & Zfoxfire above mentioned! I'll now use it this way until there's a smoother way of adding these manhole covers. Even took the time to head over to 'Fort White Fox' with me wishing I had a horse to go there & back. With the water update we're going to spend longer & longer getting anywhere, yet still make fair distance. I'm assuming it took me 5 minutes both ways, longer the further out you go.

Second part being the restaurant expansion that saw me putting stairs down towards the basement while struggling with dirt placements. Had to improvise, even adding grass to hide the ugly stubborn lines. No amount of racking & placing dirt would fix it that I had to use grass to hide the mess. Even so, loving how the basement now is able to hold both cooking accessories + food storage. It's a place to simply have fun that I now wish to be able to display food, have NPC Traders vending, and etc. My other buddy also had fun showing off his Kamen Rider pride in image '2016-02-25-00017' while reminding him of Gabrine's 'GAAOO!~" (roar) moments we had.

The last bit was also spent fiddling with decorations to add to my home & the restaurant to 'liven' it up, and I feel that it does. Those potted plants, desks, that Bismarck poster I also added (far right of the tribute throne) & the that lovely manhole cover. My friend even decorated his home to be fully functional with bathroom, upper bedroom, and kitchen. It's all awesome. I feel much progress has been made.

Side-note: I feel the Z key should be swapped over to a binoculars object after showing my buddy on a stream various terrain items & such. 4th image shows ores bugging out on open lan for me. I couldn't smelt because of this constant reoccurring issue, mostly when you leave a chunk to tend to other things, or just generally busy with other things. Also a missing image of 2 full trays with the same ore issues. Even missing an image of the exterior of 'Niska Restaurant' with potted plants & a new paved entrance.

• - Quest For Aluminium Bringing More Decorations:

Been trying to find aluminum to try and tier up my settlement. Both me and my friend were trying to find it, digging everywhere within the mountains & such that I had to eventually top off 'Niska Workship' with a roof, as well as build as build a storage building (if rough in design) to hold all the "overflow" items. Anything like stone, dirt, grass, & etc. All my personal & workshop related chests overflowing with what others would label as 'common'. Seeing as how this is also a 'test' world I'm not all to worried about the design. Just as long as I can test & learn how Rising World behaves then I can bring that to my actual main map with those lessons learned.

We gave up searching, thus we made a trail leading into a dense forest, something I've been seeking, to make a prototype of a wooden cabin I want to try building later. The one I inspired from Vancouver mansions into Minecraft to then Rising World. One I built now just being a test in keeping to the wood-stone theme.

Both me & my friend could not smelt anything in open lan. It appears we're catching a smelting bug virus that I can't process half a page of 1 page in the chest to turn into ingots. All that time spent mining creating a backlog of ores I can't smelt......

[Image 1 - Curved blocks not playing fair with one another; Image 2 & 3 - My lovely new storage building for all the common over-flow items to be stored there. Still trying to keep it somewhat fancy. Can also see third buddy (pain in the ass for constantly flying around) with his building; Image 4 - Trying to insert a kitchen area into my home while struggling with interior design skills & positioning; Image 5, 6 & 7 - Creating a pathway from Niska Village up into the newly discovered dense forest to build a wooden cabin up there; Image 8 - Should be among the first, yet ended up last because I forgot to add the image. Niska Workshop finally roofed thanks to all the mining for Aluminium, yet no aluminium.]

I have to strongly note that Niska Village now feels like my genuine home. Every time I wander away for extended periods I get 'homesick' that coming back to my home is a welcome sight. It's also because it's my base of operations & I made it a very safe place :P. I'd love to colonize other places to give it those similar proxy feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!