Meltron's suggestion list

• I'm back with another suggestion thread.
    I have told some of these ideas before and I guess some of this is already planned, but I'm gonna list those things anyway just to make a complete list of my thoughts here. I will only update this list here to not make even more threads from now on and just post update notes and some :thumbsup: s here, when red adds stuff from my list :P
    Explanation for colored points: It means that the developer, red51, has stated bewlow that the idea (or something similiar) is either Coming soon!, Already Planned or Noted.

• Inventory - Chest: A 'Switch-all-the-items-to-the-chest/inventory'-button would be great to make item management even faster. Also please make the 'use'-key close chests as well.
    • In creative mode, when you are using the flattening tool, it would be nice to have a third key (e.g. mouse3) to automatically rise or lower the ground to the level of the flattening tool. This way, you don't have to figure out yourself if you need to lower or rise the ground (useful especially when the selector is small since it then needs more time to figure out).
    • For the block forms: I think that the preview window should not start with the regular cube but instead with the last used form for the same reason that you are most likely to use the previous form again rather than another one like the cube.
    • Make it possible to e.g. attach the end of a plank to a wall, then change the rotation of that plank but without it moveing, so that the end is still attached to the wall.
    • Let us build lines of blocks vertically (also with showing the number of the blocks being placed).
    • A function that shows grids with measurements in meters on everything we have build before. I believe that this would make building a lot easier.
    • A chain bridge (I mean why not ^^)
    • A telescope: Besides the modell for it, we would only need a high resolution sky texture and high levels of zoom for the telescope.
    • The game needs civilization: This could be very simple at the start. E.g. let the community make a blueprint for a nice little wooden hut, let that hut randomly spawn in the worlds and make a bot live in that thing. This NPC could then just wander around and chop trees in a certain area. This guy would store the logs in a chest which players could lore. This woodsman would attack the players with his pickaxe, but only when he is attacked first or when they would break into his hut. This is a very important point for me, since the game is mostly a building game atm, but I am more into survival and exploring.
    • A system to place an object between two others or something of that kind. Realised it with the new trapdoor-like "wooden cover" and the other holes, because you can not simply place them over a hole in the ground. Maybe just let us place doors like construction elements like already planned.
    • When you craft an item in Creative mode, make its amount infinite. I think this would make building way faster, since you would not have to run back to the crafting desk all the time.
    • Add shadows. I actually believe that this would heavely improve graphics and it is a very essential thing.

Suggested and now actually in the game:

• variable flight speed was just implemented in last month's build. I think its hold down CTRL key and change the speed with the scroll wheel.

You're right, [shift] + mousewheel let's you change the flight speed :thumbsup: I wasn't here the last months so I haven't noticed yet :whistling:

• I like the idea of placing blocks vertically or at any angle really. Maybe the solution is to have the default grid in the world and once you choose a custom orientation (not a 90 degree increment) then you effectively spawn a new mini grid that nearby blocks placed can snap to instead of the default grid.

Red51, how feasible is this or would you consider it?

• You can see I'm not good at consolidating all my responses in one post! ;-p

i've raised some opinions in the past about the night sky. As an amateur astronomer, I like the idea of having a high-res and realistic night sky or perhaps an actual star chart could be imported. Think Stellarium meets Rising World. That would be neat. The Z key already lets you zoom (perhaps this will be limited to a spotting scope only in the future) but it would be nice to use a telescope in the same fashion. I'm not sure if this would appeal to many people except astronomers. But I would atleast like to see the current night sky be improved. Or atleast the ability to mod it in the future.

I also think its too bright at night. I'd like to see this modifiable in the future but I think Red stated that he likes the night-time light level as is. This is fine. I just like other games like in Ark and The Forest where when night time comes, its pitch black! Again, this could probably be something addressable via a mod. I don't know much about writing mods nor if Rising World has a finalized API that would allow mods to be written.

• and once you choose a custom orientation (not a 90 degree increment) then you effectively spawn a new mini grid that nearby blocks placed can snap to instead of the default grid.

I must admit that I don't really get what you mean, but that sounds rather complicated. The problem at the moment is, that you can not rotate an object around another one, only around itself. Because of this, I have to rotate e.g. a plank first before I place it, otherwise it would change its position in the world when I rotate it afterwards.

The Z key already lets you zoom (perhaps this will be limited to a spotting scope only in the future)

I think the Z zoom is still too much by the way.

But I would atleast like to see the current night sky be improved. Or atleast the ability to mod it in the future.

Excactly.

I also think its too bright at night. I'd like to see this modifiable in the future but I think Red stated that he likes the night-time light level as is. This is fine. I just like other games like in Ark and The Forest where when night time comes, its pitch black!

I agree that it looks better or at least more realistic in The Forest, but I guess the game would need something like a torch which you could hold in your left hand first or something like that so that the darkness does not become a huge problem.

Hey welcome back Meltron ;-D

Hi there my mod-friendy <3:D

• Oh sorry. I tend to look at any problem as a programming dillema and I ramble a bit. I'm a DevOps and build engineer at work so I tend to look at solutions for their code complexity. Its just how my mind works. Rising World incorporates a vortex world (the landscape) and a block grid like from minecraft. To build a wall at 45 degrees would require a new set of all blocks so it doesnt seem feasible. Think of ARK Survival (if you play it). The first foundation foundation block can be placed at any orientation you want and additional foundation blocks snap to the first one. This is because the blocks are not restricted to a block grid like in Minecraft or Rising World. If you were to somehow rotate blocks then you would have gaps between each block on the wall because the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always longer than each side. I'm sure Red51 could easily implement a solution if he takes the development time but at this point, additional biomes and water are the next big things but I would love to create a village of houses and not be limited to 90 degree angles.

• Oh sorry. I tend to look at any problem as a programming dillema and I ramble a bit. I'm a DevOps and build engineer at work so I tend to look at solutions for their code complexity. Its just how my mind works. Rising World incorporates a vortex world (the landscape) and a block grid like from minecraft. To build a wall at 45 degrees would require a new set of all blocks so it doesnt seem feasible. Think of ARK Survival (if you play it). The first foundation foundation block can be placed at any orientation you want and additional foundation blocks snap to the first one. This is because the blocks are not restricted to a block grid like in Minecraft or Rising World. If you were to somehow rotate blocks then you would have gaps between each block on the wall because the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always longer than each side. I'm sure Red51 could easily implement a solution if he takes the development time but at this point, additional biomes and water are the next big things but I would love to create a village of houses and not be limited to 90 degree angles.

You are not limited to only 90 degrees with all constriction in fact with the command setr veryhigh that gives you 1 degree but its limited to timbers beams and planks only witch you can re-size to the same size as the blocks and also you can use any texture on them in fact if you only build your builds with timber your then able to blueprint them and rotate

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • R.I.P.

code :C

Don't forget the [*] for each item :whistling:

Inventory - Chest: A 'Switch-all-the-items-to-the-chest/inventory'-button would be great to make item management even faster. Also please make the 'use'-key close chests as well.

That's in the works :)

In creative mode, when you are using the flattening tool, it would be nice to have a third key (e.g. mouse3) to automatically rise or lower the ground to the level of the flattening tool

A tool that brings the terrain to a desired elevation was planned anyway... maybe it makes sense to use a third button for the flattening tool. We will think about that^^

Delete favorite list for textures on the workbenches and replace it with a history list

We will also think about that

Someting similiar I want to suggest for the block forms: I think that the preview window should not start with the regular cube but instead with the last used form

Yeah, definitely. It was anyway our intention that the crafting menu automatically jumps to the last used recipe. This would apply to the last used variation or block shape, too ;)

Make it possible to e.g. attach the end of a plank to a wall, then change the rotation of that plank but without it moveing, so that the end is still attached to the wall.

This will be done when the construction system has been rewritten, which will happen very soon ^^

A telescope: Besides the modell for it, we would only need a high resolution sky texture and high levels of zoom for the telescope.

I really like that idea. The sky urgently needs a rework, that's for sure, but something like a telescope might be a nice addition. We keep that in mind!

The game needs civilization: This could be very simple at the start

Hehe, now we're coming to a pretty complicated topic :D Npc's are planned, but implementing them (especially when they should be capable of doing something more complex than just standing around) needs a lot of attention... I'd also prefer to wait until our new playermodel(s) are ready, I don't want to put any more effort into the current models, since they will be discarded anyway. Apart from that, we need to implement dungeons first (this is going to happen after the water update), since this includes - among others - randomly spawned shacks in the woods, and since dungeons will also contain enemies in the long run, we will have everything in place to implement something like an unfriendly lumberjack living in the woods ;)

Let us build lines of blocks vertically (also with showing the number of the blocks being placed).

That's on our list^^

Maybe the solution is to have the default grid in the world and once you choose a custom orientation (not a 90 degree increment) then you effectively spawn a new mini grid that nearby blocks placed can snap to instead of the default grid.

Basically that's a good idea, but unfortuantely this is going to be very complicated to implement :( The current block system isn't capable of having 45 degree rotations anyway, but that's going to change. Let's see how well it works with the reworked construction system, at least we have a better overview then about how to improve it ;)

I don't know much about writing mods nor if Rising World has a finalized API that would allow mods to be written

Currently Rising World is as moddable as Minecraft was in the early days ^^ However, it's advisable to wait until the game goes into beta stage before working on bigger mods. Also, the upcoming Java API will be a first step to make modding easier ^^

I think the Z zoom is still too much by the way.

Once items like binoculars are available, we will probably remove the Z zoom feature ^^

• Don't forget the [*] for each item

But, but, I did that with the tool bar and now it looks fine :whistling:

I'd also prefer to wait until our new playermodel(s) are ready, I don't want to put any more effort into the current models, since they will be discarded anyway.

Understandable.

I'd also prefer to wait until our new playermodel(s) are ready, I don't want to put any more effort into the current models, since they will be discarded anyway.

Sounds awesome :)

Some people kinda see me as a part of the developing team, which I am of course not. I just want to make clear, that I speak as a community member here, and as such, I want to say that you are doing a really good job, you are really listening to the community and taking our suggestions seriously. :thumbsup:
    I marked above with color which of my suggestions will be implemented etc.

Maybe a way to highlight multiple stacks in inventory and a "move selected to chest/inventory" button would be more useful than move all.

If this is possible, it would be very useful :thumbup:

Hehe, now we're coming to a pretty complicated topic :D Npc's are planned, but implementing them (especially when they should be capable of doing something more complex than just standing around) needs a lot of attention... I'd also prefer to wait until our new playermodel(s) are ready, I don't want to put any more effort into the current models, since they will be discarded anyway. Apart from that, we need to implement dungeons first (this is going to happen after the water update), since this includes - among others - randomly spawned shacks in the woods, and since dungeons will also contain enemies in the long run, we will have everything in place to implement something like an unfriendly lumberjack living in the woods ;)

When it comes to this you know I'll find it eventually. I'm loving the mention of this <3 Take your time. Push the player models out first over NPC & such so we can customize both ourselves AND the NPC, then have them tend to basic resource & hunger needs at the very basic level. Rimworld, Timber & Stone, & etc type programming. I can wait for NPCs.

Even loving what you're planning for dungeons. I guess I shouldn't have wandered to far in either direction because it's now going to take ages to get anywhere. I guess a new map is indeed in order to test out these new dungeons, log cabins, and even hostile lumberjacks. This should be entertaining heh. Any chance you can have the AI lumberjack on a 'dice-roll' percentage of an attack when they see you? Them, and any hostile entities? :P Not to be pushy, but this shall also need those horses so we can experience all this content. It takes quite a bit to get to each heh.

This info is so juicy it's making me gitty how awesome Rising World is, and shall be improving all that much more. I haven't been this excited over a game in a LONG while. More so after purchasing it :love:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!