• In my humble opinion, the game is not mature enough to make precise suggestions however, there’s a macro feature I'd like to see included and that's a basic simulation of physics with blocs and possibly even terrain, by basic I mean thing falling down to the first bloc below, nothing more (I'd exclude some Medieval Engineer kind of physics for instance).
    I don't know if it's technically implementable in this game engine but that would be great not to see things floating in the air anymore, it would improve realism a great deal.

• It woudn't hurt to see mods for realistic physics but yeah, Red51 stated in the past he was concerned with the devastation it would cause on existing structures and also the cpu processing involved to calculate the result of each change made. It probably would be ok however to fix the issue with floating bits of rock. For example, if I mine directly under the tip of a mountain, the tip stays floating in the air.

Personally I'm looking forward to a mod, or the inclusion of a fantasy biome with floating islands with waterfalls becase... reality is over-rated ;-p

• Thats right.The foundation of the game might be life realism but modding creates those extra preferences that people have.I would like to see some skeletons in the future but I dont like exploding creepers.Cannot call a skeleton something non realistic because everyone has one inside.The underground caves will be creepy If similar mods hunt them.I do like the bear attacks too though.I believe that most people who chose to play this game,is because they like to build villages,cities,structures on a beautiful voxel world.If they want a bunch of ferocious monsters,there are tons of other games out there.A little bit of fantasy is part of life though and breaks down boredom.Anyways,no matter what they put out there,I will support this game and effort all the way,full steam.

• Thats right.The foundation of the game might be life realism but modding creates those extra preferences that people have.I would like to see some skeletons in the future but I dont like exploding creepers.Cannot call a skeleton something non realistic because everyone has one inside.The underground caves will be creepy If similar mods hunt them.I do like the bear attacks too though.I believe that most people who chose to play this game,is because they like to build villages,cities,structures on a beautiful voxel world.If they want a bunch of ferocious monsters,there are tons of other games out there.A little bit of fantasy is part of life though and breaks down boredom.Anyways,no matter what they put out there,I will support this game and effort all the way,full steam.

A bit of a sweeping statement that. At the moment the majority of people play for the building as that is really all that there is, there are plenty of us out there that want survival with monsters - not exploding creepers that's minecraft but big creepy crawlies, skeletons etc your standard low fantasy fare.

Rising world can and from what I see will be both, with dungeons being a future update, and if all you want to do is build then there is creative as that also doesn't have the thirst and starve mechanic either to worry about.

With regards to physics if "real world physics" were implemented it would make building almost impossible (and if not impossible really difficult)...try making any form of building in RW without placing floating blocks.

Water physics on the other hand.....now that will be nice and one I am waiting for, nothing like a bit of flowing water to make a picturesque setting (Oh and bridges to hide yer trolls under ;p ).

• try making any form of building in RW without placing floating blocks.

CAN you make a building by placing floating blocks? I've been trying to. All I can do is attach blocks to other sedentary parts of the game. I can make rather unrealistic structures, stone pillars that would topple in real life, but they're all attached to something. I like it like that, though. It makes building things more rewarding if I think that there's a sense of realism to it, some challenge, you know. Plus, I think the whole point of projects like this is ultimately figuring out ways to destroy the buildings you create. Like building an ex's house in the game and doing things to it that would get you arrested IRL.

Maybe I'm projecting.
    Maybe.

• CAN you make a building by placing floating blocks? I've been trying to. All I can do is attach blocks to other sedentary parts of the game. I can make rather unrealistic structures, stone pillars that would topple in real life, but they're all attached to something. I like it like that, though. It makes building things more rewarding if I think that there's a sense of realism to it, some challenge, you know. Plus, I think the whole point of projects like this is ultimately figuring out ways to destroy the buildings you create. Like building an ex's house in the game and doing things to it that would get you arrested IRL

Ok I misworded that however I'm struggling how to reword it.

"If RW had physics try building any building without using supports first...and supports for the supports etc etc."

Hmmm I don't build stuff to ultimately destroy it....perhaps I've led a sheltered upbringing and am missing out on life

• In the end, I changed my mind. Actually, I realize the game would not be very fun if everything would drop on the floor. I think that it would be better to limit gravity to things like animals, plants, objects and trees. By the way, when you play on a server in which people are scrupulous, you usually don’t see matter floating in the air.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!