Changelog 2016-02-24: Preparations for water, new content

• Hey folks! Today another update is available, it includes some preparations for the water update, so the water update will not mess up your worlds as the biomes did.

Apart from that, we fixed several bugs, and also introduced some new content: New doors are available now, including manhole covers and a medieval drawbridge.

In addition to that, a new creative tool is available: The ability to place vegetations (F6). You can choose any plant from a list, then simply place it in the world.

Stay tuned! :)

• [New] New object: medieval drawbridge
    • [New] New doors: 2 old wooden doors, 1 wooden door, 1 metal door, 3 manhole covers
    • [New] New tool for creative mode: Vegetation placement
    • [New] Piano key mapping can be changed in config.properties file
    • [New] Added id info about targeted block (bottom left of the screen) when placing blocks
    • [Change] Improved walksound, takes objects (e.g. furniture) and constructions into account now
    • [Change] Worldinformation will be stored on your hdd now, resulting in faster loading of explored areas
    • [Change] Last used crafting recipe will be stored now
    • [Change] Future biome updates (incl. water update) will no longer mess up your world
    • [Change] Changed craftomg recipes for doors
    • [Change] Increased timeout for http requests
    • [Change] Arrows in blueprint list (journal) are now clickable
    • [Change] Chest- and Crafting menu can also be closed with the interaction key now
    • [Change] Updated to latest JRE, should fix issues with Windows 10
    • [Bugfix] Fixed NullPointerException spamming chat in some cases
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing parts when saving huge buildings (which consist of more than 65k parts) in a blueprint
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong collision of barrier-object
    • [Bugfix] Fixed framedrop when opening doors in some cases
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing sound when changing page in journal
    • [Bugfix] Fixed sudden framerate dependent changes in flyspeed when flymode is enabled
    • [Bugfix] Fixed random crash when opening a door while the chunk was modified at the same time
    • [Bugfix] Fixed offline mode for Standalone version
    • [Bugfix] Server no longer crashes when a client sends a malformed packet
  • Some players cant go through their doorways when they open their door.
    Originally thought it was cause they're out of sync but after numerous troubleshooting testing ( replacing doors , ifferent angles, multple different players etc... ) it became obvious that theirs a bug with the doors themselves.

Anyway thanks for the update, oh gosh i still need to try out the draw bridge !!!!!

• Thanks for the feedback! :)
    @SilverSatin: Yeah, that was a bug unfortunately, but it's already solved now^^ If you have the Steam version, you should get the update automatically, if you use the Standalone version, you have a delete a random file in the game directory. The bugfix is only clientside, so multiplayer servers don't have to update ^^

• Thanx Red. Just been playing the game and found I could not go through a door. Tried different things but still kept bumping my head ;( ! Came on here and saw that you had already solved it :D . Thanx for a great game!

• Another great update. One small bug I noticed is if you place a manhole then walk over it the sound of walking on the manhole stays as you walk on brick or grass. Now all I need is a half block arch so I can place them correctly on the half block streets.

• I see this update is indeed small, if still very noteworthy. Loving the mention of the drawbridge & doors. Thanks for the ID block info bit, as with all the others. Shall check it out live in a bit. Now I can't wait till roughly "mid-march" for your belated & most anticipated water update. I want to go boating, fishing & such! :P

• I see this update is indeed small, if still very noteworthy. Loving the mention of the drawbridge & doors. Thanks for the ID block info bit, as with all the others. Shall check it out live in a bit. Now I can't wait till roughly "mid-march" for your belated & most anticipated water update. I want to go boating, fishing & such! :P

I do too! I cannot wait for water!

• Alright, I'm loving the drawbridge. It's the best feature in the game, yet it needs more variations in textures, and ways to connect to blocks. Blocks need to be able to rotate with it so you can build happily with it. At least give us more items to 'cover' or 'support' the drawbridge. I lazily supported mine...... I'd love to have the same option (drawbridge variations) types as for all the wooden block types. Once again, the ID support also helps. Saw it, yet saw an issue with one wood type block with 5 digits instead of the 2 or 3. It confused me I passed it off as a glitch/bug for the red wood (first one in the list).

The doors? Also awesome. I swapped out the doors for my restaurant & my own home to the newer types for being awesome. Loving these doors, and the added variations. You already beaten the second coming of 1.8 for Minecraft, yet this feels just like (1.8 vs2) that, & more. There's so many door types to choose from it's amazing.

Man hole covers need more testing, or at least in my opinion. They're a great concept I want to make use of, just that they need to be tweaked more for how incomplete they feel. I need to be able to reach past it so I can add ladders, dig dirt, and to place blocks when the lid is open. It's a neat idea I love, and want to use a hell of a lot (cleans the scenery up), yet it's still needs more time with it. I tested & fiddled with it on my stream, yet was stumped. You should even be able to hover it above a hole, to layer it, and such until it lines up with both the terrain & the hole you're trying to cover up. Somehow. Needs more fine-tuning and tweaking to work fully to be an overly clever sneaky object.

I also love the recipe changes. It even makes use of all the iron I managed to dig up. Wish I could use it on train tracks of any sort :P

------------

Edit: Looking back at this post 5 min later I can see I could have used wooden planks, yet just saying that if we can rotate it, we should have something to rotate with it. I love the addition. Nice new toy <3

• As always another great update like everyone I'm looking forward to water.
    The door upgrade is great especially the drawbridge. However for me there is one big omission in the doors. That's a clear glass door such as we see in most modern shops offices etc.,

Cheers

PS Thanks for the tree planting Red :)

• One small bug I noticed is if you place a manhole then walk over it the sound of walking on the manhole stays as you walk on brick or grass

Yeah, that's true. This will be changed shortly ;)

Blocks need to be able to rotate with it so you can build happily with it.

Well, since you can only rotate blocks in 90 degree steps, it would be advisable to adapt the drawbridge according to your building orientation (which will either face north, south, east or west, as long as it is made out of blocks) ^^ But since objects can be rotated freely, this - of course - also applies to the drawbridge. For most peope there is probably no need to place the drawbridge in a 32.5 degree angle, for example, but since some people also build with construction elements, it would be a pity if they could not rotate the drawbridge precisely enough.

Saw it, yet saw an issue with one wood type block with 5 digits instead of the 2 or 3

Oh, that's indeed an issue, this may happen when targeting a cylinder, stair, ramp etc. Will be fixed shortly^^

That's a clear glass door such as we see in most modern shops offices etc.

That's true, unfortunately transparent objects are not possible in the current way how we render objects. However, we will change that in the future, since glass doors (or other transparent objects) are definitely planned ;)

Good update but I got some A/N textures in block options

Unfortunately some textures aren't used yet, that's why you see the N/A texture (which appears as A/N when it's mirrored^^) instead. They will be replaced with real textures in the future

Unfortunately some textures aren't used yet, that's why you see the N/A texture (which appears as A/N when it's mirrored^^) instead. They will be replaced with real textures in the future

Good to know Keep up the good work

Well, since you can only rotate blocks in 90 degree steps, it would be advisable to adapt the drawbridge according to your building orientation (which will either face north, south, east or west, as long as it is made out of blocks) ^^ But since objects can be rotated freely, this - of course - also applies to the drawbridge. For most peope there is probably no need to place the drawbridge in a 32.5 degree angle, for example, but since some people also build with construction elements, it would be a pity if they could not rotate the drawbridge precisely enough.

I guess I could do that, even having the road adapt to the draw bridge. What I did was more of testing, & something to note for more complex builds once water is added & etc. I guess we really do have to get overly creative. I also noted I could use planks & such, yet that looks a bit silly while looking more in the future sense of decoration + how you're given the ability to rotate it. It's a very valuable asset that needs 'complimentary' blocks, just like the 'manhole cover' object. Hoping for some metallic planks that you noted for someone some time ago, or something like that. Even stone ones, if possible. Just a helpful & curious thought.

Saw it, yet saw an issue with one wood type block with 5 digits instead of the 2 or 3

Oh, that's indeed an issue, this may happen when targeting a cylinder, stair, ramp etc. Will be fixed shortly^^[/quote]

Ya, the type of blocks it "erroed" with being what you'd consider 'half-slabs', Minecraft style. It did not like those one bit. Everything else was nicely done.

-----------

Also, made note of what you & zfoxfire mentioned about manhole covers by making a round hole, placing a plank & such. I still however feel strongly that it still needs lots of polishing, even complimentary 'objects' to connect with it. Event to polish the manhole covers to allow digging & object interaction through it, as with having attachments for it for ladders & adapters to mix-and-match with the terrain. That's my suggestion. Even curved block types with ladder behavior already set in them so you can squeeze through them.

Now that I have time, I'll go test it out on my world again with the suggestions that were noted. When I was testing though everything was off. Curves didn't match so I'm now sure what I'm doing wrong, yet shall try again.

• Thanks for the drawbridge! I am sure others are like me we love castle items especially a nice moving drawbridge. Love new doors to fancy up things. Surely more doors are widely popular and appreciated for building.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!