Changelog 2016-03-03: Small update

• Hey folks! This update just brings some smaller changes, mainly some technical changes, so it works properly with our servers, and of course several bugfixes.

But this update also brings two new features: You can now harvest pumpkin and melon seeds (and replant them accordingly), and there are also some new colored blocks available, since several people asked for that in the past (you find them in the "Plaster" category at the blockbench).
    Of course the "real" painting feature will still be added in the future ;)

Stay tuned for the next update, which will contain some screenshots of the upcoming water update!

• [New] You can get replantable watermelon- and pumpkinseeds from watermelons/pumpkins now
    • [New] Added different colored plaster blocks (red, green, blue, yellow, purple, black)
    • [Change] Updated to latest JRE version on Linux OS
    • [Bugfix] Fixed id preview when targeting certain block shapes (cylinders, ramps etc)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong walking sounds in certain situations
    • [Bugfix] Opened manhole covers no longer give wrong walking sound
    • [Bugfix] Reconnect to HIVE after losing connection should work properly now
    • [Bugfix] Fixed raking dry and frozen grass
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong collision of manhole covers after opening them
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong collision of drawbridge (depending on its rotation)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues with world conversion when loading a relatively old world
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash when loading corrupted worldpart files

Bugfix 2016-03-04:

• [Change] Returning to main menu should be a little bit faster now
    • [Change] Refreshing serverlist should be faster now
    • [Bugfix] Fixed minor connection issues
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that crashed the game in rare situations
  • I can't see any servers in the list now, and direct IP don't work either.

I'm hungry must eat and plant Watermelon :thumbup:

good job Red

• Yatta! It all works! I'm so glad I can grow melons & pumpkins, yet wanting to know if it's intentional that they harvest the way they do. Intentional that you have to pick them up without seeds vs sickling them without melons/pumpkins? Either way, I"m glad to be able to farm them while now planning how to harvest every 2nd or 3rd one while planting the rest back.

To your relief: The walking sound have been fixed, as with the issues I had with the manhole cover. You're absolutely awesome! I do apologies if I may have irritated you, yet it was worth whatever happened in the end! Walking, server bugs, & manhole cover have been fixed; Three being the main issues I had. I have however yet to test out the smelting issues that my buddy managed to tend to all night on his end. He was smelting his large stockpile of ores the majority of the night.......

Had so much fun with this update [thanks to farming & new blocks] that my buddy even now is boasting an aluminium required table with him out-teching me; Me out-structuring him with build. Aluminium is such a pain in the rear to find......I'm even trying to build an art gallery in Niska Village to see how it all goes in both a Canadian & Arcticu Empire manner. It's all in test so I can use what I have learned for later.

---------------

Suggestions:

Not wanting to be a pest, yet wondering if it be possible to update these two for further uses. They seem like they could use a quick update themselves, even though the pumpkin just had a nice one to be farmable. I love how they're farmable :)

> Potatoes: Buttered cooked potatoes (oven cooked, sliced & buttered up), mashed potato dish (just boiled, mashed, & served on a wooden/metallic on either a bowl or plate), & even French fries/Garlic Baked Fries.

>Pumpkins: Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Soup........ Pumpkin veggie burgers (Odd, yet just to give them alternative uses). I had to Google & I still don't know. Pumpkin, you're the most frustrating thing ever because I only know you for being decorative & as pie. Your seeds make for best snack :love:

Ya, this mini-update made me very happy with the melons & pumpkins being farmable. Even loving the plaster blocks while trying to make a build exclusive to those new block heh. Can't wait for the water image teaser. Curious about what kind of visual appearance it shall have & such.

• ok, thats cool but what happened to rising world.com?? i might have to clear everything off my laptop and reinstall everything but where do i get rising world from if the website has gone missing?

• Thanks for your feedback! :)

Suggestions:

Those things (or at least something comparable) are planned indeed and will be available at the latest when the cooking&baking update is implemented ^^ Though I wasn't even aware there is something like pumpkin veggie burgers in the world, well, you never stop learning :D

ok, thats cool but what happened to rising world.com??

Unfortunately the website is still offline due to maintenance. Hopefully it should be back online within this weekend ;)
    In the meantime, you can download the standalone here: WindowsLinuxUniversal

• I'm kinda curios, the website has been down almost all week. Are u adding something special to the main site like a comprehensive list of items being added or a roadmap with ETAs. Or is it something interactive. Oh are u adding some kind of teaser to the website. Since the site has been down for such a long time it seems like ur redesigning the site. Can we get any teasers or something of what the new site will be like?

• Thanks for your feedback! :)

Those things (or at least something comparable) are planned indeed and will be available at the latest when the cooking&baking update is implemented ^^ Though I wasn't even aware there is something like pumpkin veggie burgers in the world, well, you never stop learning :D

Nice! Was hoping to have a simple neat snack, but I guess I can wait a little bit longer. Was thinking that the campfire + the iron BBQ bit above it could be used in a simple manner similar to how you road/sizzle the meat up there. If you got something planned then I guess it's indeed worthwhile to wait a bit longer.

Ya, I was surprised what the vegan people eat. I see odd things that they use to substitute for real-world meat, even cheese itself. I find it strange as both a veggie & meat eater, yet find their aggression to be the fault of their diet. No meat so they're always temperamental with them lacking the other side of the diet. Also, those type off odd things would be an awkwardly interesting variety to the likes of variety when you get all detailed in the menu list. I guess you would also be pleasing these vegans by empowering them with their own vegan diet heh.

The link I shared contained a lot of things you could do with pumpkins that it's quite crazy. Something for you to fiddle with whenever you get to food types :P

• I'm kinda curios, the website has been down almost all week. Are u adding something special to the main site like a comprehensive list of items being added or a roadmap with ETAs. Or is it something interactive. Oh are u adding some kind of teaser to the website. Since the site has been down for such a long time it seems like ur redesigning the site. Can we get any teasers or something of what the new site will be like?

I think the website was down because the owners were migrating to a different host. From what I understand, the outside wiki will eventually be moved into the wiki on the official page and that will finally be brought online. There are no other website changes that I am aware of.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!