Odd Crash Behaviour

• Hey everybody, hope you are all having a great weekend!

So today I woke up and decided to play a little rising world. I logged on to my new favourite server etc etc. After precisely 1 minute 44 of playing, I crashed out, nothing particularly unusual, it happens evey now and again, and normally it doesnt happen again after restarting. However, this time after 1 minute 35 of playing, I crashed out again. Then again after 1:20 and again after 1:50. this has not been a problem before on this computer (had a similar issue on my main computer, but re-installation fixed it). I have re-installed, but alas after 7 minutes and 53 seconds, i crashed out again. The most recent log file is attached, anyone got any idea? My GPU supports up to OpenGL 4.1, even if it is s*** so I don't think its that.

Specs for this computer are as follows:
    i5-2500k
    AMD HD6670 (1024mb of VRAM, does just meet all minimum requirements)
    8GB RAM (recently replaced after the last set failed, but I dont think this is the cause, included anyway incase any one thinks this might be the cause)
    Playing fullscreen (not actually, but the monitors I use are attached two two computers, and they are 21:9 aspect ratio at 1440p, so the best way to set them up to run on this computer given its weak specs means each panel is treated as 2 1280x1024 screens, plus a border).

Thanks for any help you anyone can offer!

Files

i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz | Asus Z170 Deluxe | Corsair DOminator Platinum 2x16Gb DDR4-3000 | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 | 2x Evga GTX 980Ti SC | 2x Acer Predator 34" 3440x1440 IPS Ultra-widerscreen Monitors | 2x BeoLab 3 Speakers

• Thanks for providing the errorlog :) This crash is caused by a bug in the graphics driver, please go to the AMD homepage and download and install the latest driver for your graphics card, that should solve the problem^^

• Thanks for the response :) I gave that a go, I still crash, but only after around 30 minutes this time. Checked error log, and its the same issue. Ill just swap computers, the game seems to run fine on my graphics machine (which is a hell of a lot faster too)

i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz | Asus Z170 Deluxe | Corsair DOminator Platinum 2x16Gb DDR4-3000 | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 | 2x Evga GTX 980Ti SC | 2x Acer Predator 34" 3440x1440 IPS Ultra-widerscreen Monitors | 2x BeoLab 3 Speakers

• When the new hs_err_pid file contains this line:

Code
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [atio6axx.dll+0x25dace]

(though the hex number may differ) it's indeed the same issue as previously :|
    Eventually you can provide a report file, just open console ingame (by pressing key ` or ~) and type "report" (without quot. marks), then a file called "report" (followed by a number) should appear in your game directory. Just upload this file, or open it with a texteditor, copy the content and paste it here ;)
    But I'm happy to hear that the game runs fine on your other machine, if it's the one as described in your signature, it's a beast of a machine :D

• It is a beast, but unfortunatly since I store all my files for that computer on NAS, i only built it with 512GB of storage for windows and core graphics programs, and so I dont have the space to keep games on it, I have made rising world an exception though ;)

I've attached the report file, thanks for the support!

Files

• Thanks for the reportfile! Unfortunately there is still an outdated version of the AMD driver installed (it's dated on 2011) =O Maybe something went wrong during installation? This should be the right driver for your graphics card: http://support.amd.com/en-us/d…legacy3&os=Windows+7+-+64
    If that still does not work, please install the latest Intel driver (chipset/graphics driver) first, then try to install the AMD graphics driver again.
    If the game still crashes, eventually you can provide a new report file then ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!