Resolution (1920 x 1080) not able to be applied...

• Hi,
    Cool game, first off. When I try to change the resolution settings it asks me to confirm the new settings but I am unable to click on anything and then the game automatically reverts to it's default setting, which is quite low on my screen.

How do I change the resolution? Thanks!

• If you're using Windows, please try this: Go to your game directory (Steamversion: Rightclick on RW in Steam -> Properties -> Local files -> Browse local files), then rightclick on the "risingworldx64.exe", select "Properties", go to the "Compatibility" tab and check the "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings" box. Confirm the changes, and start the game again. Does it work then?

• This seems related something that's been bothering me, but my OS is Ubuntu.

I got the game via Steam, and I can't even find options to alter that the game creates a window for itself that is wider than my monitor.

I know, I know, this doesn't make it unplayable, and /surely/ I should just look again. It could be I was looking so intently for it that even staring straight at it I didn't see it.

• I got the game via Steam, and I can't even find options to alter that the game creates a window for itself that is wider than my monitor.

Is the resolution of the game bigger than it's supposed to be? I.e. you set - for example - 1920x1080 (and your desktop resolution is also 1920x1080), but the game window is still wider than your monitor? In this case it's probably caused by display scaling, maybe this helps: http://askubuntu.com/questions…and-change-the-screen-dpi
    If the resolution is just too big, you can change it manually in the config.properties file in your game directory (steamversion: steam/steamapps/common/rising world).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!