Upcoming: Water update

• How unfortunate, It's an early access game if you don't wanna wait on small company development buy a game for your Xbox or PlayStation. This is my first early access purchase and for me it's interesting seeing how a game develops and reading the above par discussions and PERSONAL FEEDBACK BY RED resolving problems. Keep it up RED and staff your doing great as far as I am concerned.!!!!!! :thumbsup:

• Almost 1 month later and still no water update, what a game.

The stuff in March was only a preview of things to come. The actual water update shall drop in sometimes this April month, or so we (including Red51) hope. Those bugs & glitches aren't fun to the point you'll snap. Seeing how you're snapping isn't right for you aren't coding the game. I'd lose the temper if I were you.

• It has actually been 4 months since the last major update of any consequence. The last one being the biomes released last Christmas. With only 1 person doing most of the coding, it is going to take a very long time before the goals are reached . You will find that a lot of the early access games on Steam are only written by one or 2 people . Blockscape, stars one , synthetic world , and kingdoms to name a few. I do not know why water is taking so long but that is the way it is going to be. We just have to wait and see what happens. Unless red gets help, there will be a very long wait for a lot of the stuff that is mentioned in the roadmap. One person can only do so much. We are all going to just have to wait patiently.

From what I'm aware you're off on a few things here.

1) Those post-biome updates are still worthwhile for they still add to your game. Take the manhole cover, drawbridge + being able to finally farm melons & pumpkins. Tiny for you, yet still worthwhile. But ya, you're looking at the bigger pieces; The main updates.

2) I'm aware of Red51 having three people in his team. He's the main person with the other two doing models & animations. They're constantly working on back-end stuff that we don't get to see that shall eventually make its way into the game (i.e canon + long-glass). Even animations, or so I'm assuming.

3) Water is taking ages to update because it's something that all game developers fear highly. It's something that they do not EVER want to touch because of how much trouble surround it, plus how much crap that has to go to make a hybrid land & water function. I tried to convince 'Petroglyph games' to make a naval game, yet they constantly refused. They wouldn't even give their water world in 'Star Wars: Empire at War' a proper water map. It was all gimmicks & lies. Red51 even has to struggle with water physics (floating), plus the sea-life that shall eventually be in it. It didn't look right on the first try that it looks like melted aluminum, or something similar. It didn't look like water, nor would it behave properly in a static form. Water needs a hell of a lot of attention & polishing because it's a troublesome substance in both real & digital world.

• The developers do what they can to make the game real and those who think they can do better go on try to make a game it's no easy task but theres nothing that stops you so be my guest but please stop hitting on our developers and show some respect to those who are willing to make games for us who don't or can't make games !!!

;)

• Almost 1 month later and still no water update, what a game.

It has actually been 4 months since the last major update of any consequence. The last one being the biomes released last Christmas. With only 1 person doing most of the coding, it is going to take a very long time before the goals are reached . You will find that a lot of the early access games on Steam are only written by one or 2 people . Blockscape, stars one , synthetic world , and kingdoms to name a few. I do not know why water is taking so long but that is the way it is going to be. We just have to wait and see what happens. Unless red gets help, there will be a very long wait for a lot of the stuff that is mentioned in the roadmap. One person can only do so much. We are all going to just have to wait patiently.

If you missed my post about why updates sometimes take longer than in other games, here it is. This is not an extensive post and I didn't go into the complexities of game development, and I encourage you to do your own research instead of claiming absolute knowledge or complaining about things on something you clearly don't grasp. In a world of fast food, fast play, fast freakin' everything, one loses perspective on the complexities that this world offer all around; some people's jobs is to make easy something that is diametrically opposite from it, be grateful for that. Professional athletes and artists becomes who they are with dedication, patience and time, and such is the same with game development. Read the comments on the games that have "mixed" opinions on Steam, and you'll see that the argument of "devs not listening to the players" and "some updates are breaking things" is common. Sometimes, these argument are legit. Sometimes, they are just coming from whining, self-righteous gamers. Don't be like the latter. It is far better to handle discontent than frustrations from one's user base. Think about it.

• The developers do what they can to make the game real and those who think they can do better go on try to make a game it's no easy task but theres nothing that stops you so be my guest but please stop hitting on our developers and show some respect to those who are willing to make games for us who don't or can't make games !!!
    ;)

This! The programming i had to do in college was hard enough and the extent of my programming career now is that I write server scripts in Python and Bash for maintaining our systems and I manage Ivy and Maven scripts which handle all the resolve the resource dependencies for complex projects that the real programmers here create. The stuff I do is simple compared to what the developers here do which involves writing efficient multi-threaded object oriented code which has to process millions of messages a day in an efficient manner otherwise we bog down our production environment. I can't imagine having to design a video game from scratch, especially one that isn't using something more common like Unity engine which I hear makes it quite simple to just piecemeal a game together. I downloaded the jmonkey sdk out of curiosity but I really don't know where to begin. Getting graphics on the screen is only the most visible aspect of a game design. There's a lot of methods and classes to write to do all the number crunching in the background before anything actually gets drawn to the screen. I'd like to see anyone who complains about slow development show off their development talent, if any.

• Oh, speaking of being entilting, whiny, & 'self-righteous gamers'............you can find loads of them on Steam's forums in the 'American Truck SImulator', 'Lego Worlds', & even a bit on 'Stranded Deep'. Mostly the 'American Truck Sim', IF you want to be amused by people's stupidity some more. Ben's posting is tame compared to those comments, yet still idiotic XD

It also seems everybody is getting their panties in a knot (myself included) the more we end up waiting for these main updates. We should all just chill out with these postings turning out to be 'hot-tempered' XD. Back to Youtube, Minecraft FTB, & such until Red51 sees his water update as 'perfect' for the public eyes & fingers. Wondering when that shall be. Hoping for an 18-20th (April) release, yet knowing that won't be the case. Red51 is a perfectionist.

• There is always a rotten apple in a basket of apples.
    Besides,If you rush,you make a lousy job and,you will get old faster. !-)
    Red is truly a perfectionist and some of us are too so,we totally understand whats happening.
    Enjoy the trip,not just the idea of the destination!!

• I know developing a game is hard, and i know there are only a handfull men working on this game. This is my second ea game and i like it. If i may suggest something to ease the waiting for a new update is to do a weekly devblog. If i may compare this gamedevelopment with that of parkitect i see a lot in common. But there the wait is not so hars as rising world becouse of the devblog. Even if red only tells us he has some problems i would be happy to read a weekly devblog.

Any of u feel the same? To make the wait less hard do a weekly devblog.

• I know developing a game is hard, and i know there are only a handfull men working on this game. This is my second ea game and i like it. If i may suggest something to ease the waiting for a new update is to do a weekly devblog. If i may compare this gamedevelopment with that of parkitect i see a lot in common. But there the wait is not so hars as rising world becouse of the devblog. Even if red only tells us he has some problems i would be happy to read a weekly devblog.

Any of u feel the same? To make the wait less hard do a weekly devblog.

Would be nice, but it would cost time as well, if he wants to do it right ^^

• Did anyone just get a 12 MB update for rising world? I see no announcements and I've been getting a lot of 0 byte updates for random games which I think is just a Steam bug. I dont see any anouncements on here however.

Uhh.. nevermind. I still have version 0.6.5.1. I'm pretty sure that's the current version.

• Did anyone just get a 12 MB update for rising world? I see no announcements and I've been getting a lot of 0 byte updates for random games which I think is just a Steam bug. I dont see any anouncements on here however.

Uhh.. nevermind. I still have version 0.6.5.1. I'm pretty sure that's the current version.

Yeah, @red51 will most likely announce any update before it is actually pushed, to make sure those with a server can update, too! ;)

• I just love this game, and when the water update comes, I will be happy :)

So do I. Like when I started Minecraft, playing Rising World is very relaxing. I get a feeling of comfort and serenity as I play. I guess its because I am satisfied from just building a house, doing some hunting and gardening, and just spending a day exploring the land. Its going to be amazing when this game is finished.

• So do I. Like when I started Minecraft, playing Rising World is very relaxing. I get a feeling of comfort and serenity as I play. I guess its because I am satisfied from just building a house, doing some hunting and gardening, and just spending a day exploring the land. Its going to be amazing when this game is finished.

same here

The people in USA told me the updates were probably for Steam to do VR stuff on the games that can. I don't know if they are pulling my leg or trolling me. But I did get about 15 updates out of my ~50 games. I just thought was a steam bug. So I read the Steam forum no official mention far as I can tell at this time everyone is asking that too it like Steam team is ignoring the question. Either way must be a bug or scheduled push. At least update was not so large and I only got about 30% of my games updated. Man hope it wasn't a virus imagine if steam did a DOS attack at focused ip ranges like banks & governments lol. Obama care website would go down lol

• The people in USA told me the updates were probably for Steam to do VR stuff on the games that can. I don't know if they are pulling my leg or trolling me. But I did get about 15 updates out of my ~50 games. I just thought was a steam bug. So I read the Steam forum no official mention far as I can tell at this time everyone is asking that too it like Steam team is ignoring the question. Either way must be a bug or scheduled push. At least update was not so large and I only got about 30% of my games updated. Man hope it wasn't a virus imagine if steam did a DOS attack at focused ip ranges like banks & governments lol. Obama care website would go down lol

DDoS attack using a bunch of gamer PCs with high specs. Sounds logical to me :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!