Upcoming: Water update

• Ya, makes sense with how many games updates on my end nights ago with most of my games updating all at 9 pm. Then again today with some more + now struggling to post & edit my posts on Steam that I still come off as hostile. Guess I need to keep away from Steam for a bit as to not stir up trouble, with help from these silly Steam stuff.

• As of now I clocked 2965 Hours into the game and still have enough creativity in me to keep me going!

It all depends on how much creativity you're able to express within the game without whining about adding another feature in way before its even ready.

Just my way of enjoying:

These people who are whining about water, they'll be the same folks to whine about the next big thing and so on, and so on... I call these people unsuitable for early access games. :thumbdown:
    Kind of like the fanbase of EA Games, rush crap games out the door cause "waiting" for something seems ridiculous in their world.

• +1 Silver! I am looking forward to the water update.. it'll come when it comes.. and I have no doubt it won't come until it's freakin' awesome.. cause that's how this games developer(s) roll. I paid for early access.. I had no misgivings or expectations about a perfect world/game.. My hardware is subpar, and I still enjoy this game immensely and have a feeling I'm going to be here for quite a long long time.
    Thanks to all the folks making this awesome game happen and for all the hard work.
    Just remember, patience is born of gratitude and a solid intelligence.
    Just my two pence.
    Be well!

• Jiw Games© has five staff, I believe.
    Making updates arn't easy as 123. They take time and great knowledge. I'm not a programmer, nor do I work for
    Jiw Games©, I just understand that making updates, or programming period is extremely difficult and takes time! So be patient!

• Jiw Games© has five staff, I believe.
    Making updates arn't easy as 123. They take time and great knowledge. I'm not a programmer, nor do I work for
    Jiw Games©, I just understand that making updates, or programming period is extremely difficult and takes time! So be patient!

couldn't have said it better :thumbup:

• It's obvious. Programming is a very complex operation. Especially when making a game. True, I've never made a game, however, I remember from what Red had told me about it and how it does take time, and how difficult programming can be because there is so many mistakes that have to be fixed.

• Every programmer understand this :

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

--Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled

... testing games is a tedious task :)

• Every programmer understand this :

... testing games is a tedious task :)

Having been a programmer for 35 years , I can tell you , It can be tedious or it can be fun depending on what you are doing. Some of my best fun was writing tiny assembler programs on the 6809 based color computer made by radio shack in the early 80's. I wrote a speech playback program is less then 100 Bytes of code in 6809 assembler. Now that was fun:)
    Writing a 2 player Version of Family Feud on the Same machine in Basic was tedious. Now a days you would be sued for releasing something like that LOL :)

I think designing the graphics and the 3d models is a lot worse then writing the code that controls them. :)

• wow! es increíble <3 !! los graficos parecen imprecionantes, me muero de ansias para ver en lo utilizan 8o , estuve minutos buscando el agua y aun no lo encontré, pero cuando lo halle sera fabuloso :love: (alguna idea de donde puedo encontrarla? ?( ) Gracias estuve esperandolo desde hace meses, desde que la anunciaron (y desde que me la imagine) :B

Creo que este foro es en inglés, como sea ojalá con el tiempo pongan uno en español. Fuera de ésto y tomando en cuenta lo del agua, estaría bien que hicieran islas, pantanos, lagos y animales acuáticos.
    _

I'd like to see water in the game, there could be islands, lakes, aquatic animals, it'd be a great idea.

• Having been a programmer for 35 years , I can tell you , It can be tedious or it can be fun depending on what you are doing. Some of my best fun was writing tiny assembler programs on the 6809 based color computer made by radio shack in the early 80's. I wrote a speech playback program is less then 100 Bytes of code in 6809 assembler. Now that was fun:)
    Writing a 2 player Version of Family Feud on the Same machine in Basic was tedious. Now a days you would be sued for releasing something like that LOL :)

I think designing the graphics and the 3d models is a lot worse then writing the code that controls them. :)

As someone that makes 3d models and textures I think its easier then code, but I can barley code html on a good day let alone build a game. Looking forward to player generated models in game or at least providing some for mods.

• As someone that makes 3d models and textures I think its easier then code, but I can barley code html on a good day let alone build a game. Looking forward to player generated models in game or at least providing some for mods.

LOL for me it's the opposite, started out with programming BASIC on the Playstation2 and got hooked to more programming ever since!

I tried 3D modeling first attempt was making a car mod from scratch with a video tutorial and i gave up after few minutes, second attempt was to modify an already made model and that didn't end well either lol.
    Maybe it depends on what program you use for modelling cause i honestly got frustrated. i used Zmodeler ( not sure if it even still exists )
    I really never understood all those buttons and what certain modeling terms meant...

But with programming if you're new to it, everything is well documented its all clear and an example helps a looong way into what you want to accomplish :rolleyes:

• LOL for me it's the opposite, started out with programming BASIC on the Playstation2 and got hooked to more programming ever since!

I tried 3D modeling first attempt was making a car mod from scratch with a video tutorial and i gave up after few minutes, second attempt was to modify an already made model and that didn't end well either lol.
    Maybe it depends on what program you use for modelling cause i honestly got frustrated. i used Zmodeler ( not sure if it even still exists )
    I really never understood all those buttons and what certain modeling terms meant...

But with programming if you're new to it, everything is well documented its all clear and an example helps a looong way into what you want to accomplish :rolleyes:

My go to is Blender started back in 2000 and put in many hours of vids and text tutorials. Originally wanted to make games and got caught up in the models and animation side of things. Still want to make that game just know my place is design and concept instead of programming. Still waiting on computers to catch up with my concept though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!