Bears Stop Following, New Drop Key, Falling Through World Fix, Stone tools, More enemies/night enemies

• First off I want to say I'm really enjoying the game. I think the developer(s) are doing a great job.

Just some suggestions I have:

Bears should stop following you after a while. - I was playing with my girlfriend and we were being chased by two bears, so we dug underground to try to get away, but even though we dug a long ways underground we could still hear the bears up above following us. I think this could be remedied by making the bears "give up" if they fail to land a hit on you after a certain period of time.

New Default Key for Drop Item. - Currently the default key for drop item is Q, which is very easy to press by accident, since it's close to W. My girlfriend and I accidentally pressed this a couple times dropping axes and pickaxes. Which then disappeared, either because they fell through the level or just disappeared. I'd recommend a new default key for drop item, like / or something.

Fix falling through world when re spawning after dieing. - Sometimes when playing on LAN (I was the server) I would die and when I respawned the terrain would not be fully loaded around me, rather it would only be loaded in patches. I would often fall through the terrain and die again. Sometimes I also fell through the terrain just by clipping through walls during normal gameplay but it would most often happen when respawning after death. If this is not easily fixable due to limitations in the physics engine I would recommend a workaround fix, like teleporting up automatically when you fall through the terrain rather than just dying when you reach a certain depth.

Stone Tools. - It would be nice if you could craft some stone pickaxes and axes with your bare hands from wood and rocks that you find, like in ARK, for when you lose your pickaxe and axe (from accidentally hitting the Q key ;) )

More enemies/ night enemies and Treasure. - I was really happy to see this in the list of planned features for the game. Because, in my opinion, this is one of the features most needed to add more complete fun and challenging gameplay. I like the idea of more monsters that come around and threaten your constructions and your safety. I like the idea of vampires, werewolves, giant spiders, snakes, orcs, and goblins. I like how in minecraft enemies come around at night. I think it would be really cool if you weren't allowed to go to sleep in your tent in Rising World if there were enemies too close by. I think there should be dangerous areas, that the game warns you somehow "You are entering a dangerous area." But also there should be wandering enemies that you should be warned in advance that they are coming. Like "A dragon is coming and will arrive in three days." Or, "A horde of goblins is coming and will arrive in two days." So that you have to build your defenses for when they arrive or evacuate your home.
    I think it would also be really cool if there were dungeons and castles belonging to monsters that have treasure inside of them. Maybe after you claim the treasure, another treasure of equal value respawns in the dungeon if you go away and leave it for awhile. Also the monsters will rebuild the dungeon so that it has all traps and things in place for when you return. If for some reason you don't want the dungeon to be rebuilt you could maybe place a magic "Light orb" by the dungeons "Core orb" which would prevent it from being rebuilt until you removed the light orb.
    Also potentially the castles, dungeons, and fortresses could be the spawn points for the wandering beasts that will travel the map and that you are warned about, so shutting them down may be in your best interests.

• Unfortunately Q seems to be a common button to drop item. I think in ARK, the functionality is to put the current item away which i like better as I typically don't see a need to quickly drop an item (guess it depends on what kinds of games you're used to playing). Rising World is definately not a fast-paced game which keeps you on your toes where quickly picking up and dropping items is a concern. I'd like to see the functionality of Q changed but for now, I just re-assign it to the other side of my keyboard.

The problem with the bear and other predators is that each mob and character has essentially infinite stamina. Pretty sure there's some kind of skill system being planned. I'd like to see limited stamina apply to all mobs and characters. Stamina should be leveled up. At present I'm playing a lot of 7 days to die and I think they have a pretty good grasp on the character stats and skill system. I'd like to see something similar in Rising World. E.g. being able to level up, enhance stamina or mining speed.

Regarding hostile mobs (e.g. not bears) which actively seek you. I think Red's plan is to have the above ground relatively peaceful. When dungeons and temples get added, some of those will likely be the "dangerous areas" which you speak of. Dungeons will have hostile creatures (not sure what kinds). So depending on what you want out of the game, it should be possible to live a peaceful life in your little cottage in the woods and grow a garden, or you can go exploring and dungeon raiding and face greater challenges. As a warning message like what you'd suggest, I'd like to see something like, "You have an eerie feeling about this place" or perhaps a specific sound effect or changing or the ambient light. That might be a way to detect that a dungeon is nearby. I remember in Minecraft the only way to locate dungeons and mineshafts is by looking for patterns in the lake or ocean floors. I tried it but had limited sucess.

Dungeons will definitely have treasures of some time. Not sure if anything too unique or not but I know Red also mentioned something about abandoned houses generated via seed in the future (in conjunction with the dungeon update), possibly even castles.

Primitive stone tools would be nice. I've had to resort to cheating a few times like after playing ARK a while, started a new game in Rising World and pressed that pesky Q to put my pickaxe away and being unable to find it anymore in the tall grass. :( Anyways, yeah... I'd like to see the ability to pick up blades of grass with your bear hands (attack with fists perhaps), pick up loose stones and punch trees (I mean, come on it's pretty much expected to have to punch a tree in any survival/crafting game) to have to do that in order to craft primitive stone tools. What would be cool actually is to be able to harvest those little bushes in the game that don't seem to have any purpose yet besides decoration. if we could harvest sticks directly from those, plant fibers from the grass and a few small stones laying around, we could start crafting primitive tools. I know a survival mode is planned but I dont know what all details will be in such.

Regarding the regenerated dungeons, I personally think that dungeons should be protected kind of like how you can have player protected areas via lua script. My issue with Minecraft dungeons and temples is that you can essentially enter it from outside anywhere and destroy it from the inside. I'd like to see a dungeon in Rising World be a place where you have only a limited way to enter and have to solve some kind of puzzle to gain the treasure, not simply mine in from the back wall, raid a treasure chest, and leave.

The goblin hoards or dragons coming sounds like something you'd encounter in games like 7 Days to Die where you get zombie hoards every 7 days. I'm not sure if Red has plans for anything like this in the various game modes yet to be implemented. I wouldn't mind it as a separate option however.

• I like your idea for the dungeons being non-destructible and having a specific entrance. Dungeons are all about gameplay after all and it's hard to have good hand-crafted gameplay when it's so easy to break like it is in minecraft.
    I like what you say about having a peaceful farm and your cottage, except for the fact that nothing ever happens to your peaceful farm or cottage at the moment.
    I mean I like peaceful farming games like Harvest Moon, but in those games stuff can happen to your farm. NPC's can come visit it, your animals can get sick, you occasionally get storms, and weeds, and winter comes and kills all your crops each year.

• Hey all, I was reading your comments on accidently dropping items, you can change your key binds in the settings under controls. I changed mine to Q for inventory, E action, and R for throw away. You can experiment though to suit your style. Kept the movement keys the same. :)

• I set my inventory to tab because I am old school and E instead of F because E is commonly used to interract. My concern about the Q key is that quickly dropping an item doesnt seem to be a need in a relaxing game like rising world and if we have to eventually use our hands to harvest that it might be more useful to have the drop action replaced by unwield, or atleast add a new function for that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!