Single player custom image size

• In permissions I see a setting for custom image size which defaults to 512. How do I change this on a single-player game. Also, I'm assuming this controls the resolution of the image?

• Yes, the custom image size specifies the resolution of the image. Actually it's unfortunately not possible to change the size in singleplayer mode. But we will add this feature in the near future ;)
    As a workaround, you could run a LAN server instead, and make use of the permissions then (just put the permissions folder with the particular permissions into your game directory).

• As a workaround, you could run a LAN server instead, and make use of the permissions then (just put the permissions folder with the particular permissions into your game directory).

Thanks for your reply! ^_^
    • So just take my singleplayer world and open it to LAN?
    • Where do I put the permissions folder? In the world directory? Placing it there doesn't seem to do anything.
    Is there a template permissions file I can edit and copy over? (found one)
    • Will existing images update to the new resolution or do I have to delete and re-upload each one?

Edit: Ijust realized you are probably referring to running the actual server app locally. That's... annoying. I'll be using significantly more resources. I haven't even gotten around to adding Java to PATH yet either so it won't run atm. Oh well, if that's the only way. -_-

• Edit: Ijust realized you are probably referring to running the actual server app locally. That's... annoying. I'll be using significantly more resources. I haven't even gotten around to adding Java to PATH yet either so it won't run atm. Oh well, if that's the only way. -_-

Not exactly, you can just go to your Singleplayer menu, select the desired world in the list and hit the red "LAN" button then :) This starts an integrated server, no need to add Java or something like that. It's basically like running a singleplayer game, with the exception, that your friends could join the game (only if you want that).

• Will existing images update to the new resolution or do I have to delete and re-upload each one?

Existing images will keep their resolution. If you only want to upload a few images with higher resolution, for example, you could run the game in LAN (with appropriate permissions), upload the images in question (with high resolution), place them in your world, and then load your world in regular singleplayer again (the images with high resolution will keep their resolution).

• Not exactly, you can just go to your Singleplayer menu, select the desired world in the list and hit the red "LAN" button then :) This starts an integrated server, no need to add Java or something like that. It's basically like running a singleplayer game, with the exception, that your friends could join the game (only if you want that).

I tried that. I got the permissions working just fine with the dedicated server, but I can't seem to change any permissions when just opening a single-player game to LAN. I don't see any permissions generate anywhere when that happens, and I don't know where to place the permissions folder I've already made that works. I tried placing them in the world's folder, but that didn't accomplish anything.

I finally figured it out. It makes sense now that I think about it. The permissions folder is placed in the same relative position it would be on a server, so in the root directory. I figured it had to be in the world's folder so each world could have it's own permissions. That's a valid point point though. I think it makes more sense for each world to have it's own permissions rather than each game installation or server installation. In any case, marking as done. Thanks for the help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!