Client fails to connect to dedicated server 100% of the time now.

• No error files that I could see on the client. Interestingly enough, I just found several instances of java.exe running in the background task list on windows 8.1 and one background instance of RisingWorld running in the background tasks. They may have caused some issues so I will retry this. Not sure why these were left running in the background. Anywho, for your viewing pleasure, my holy world:

Btw., the connection error is not necessarily related to the server. It can also indicate that something went wrong clientside. In this case, it is alway important to know if any errorlogs or hs_err_pid files are in the game directory.

i have 4 such entries with that name.
    2 dated yesterday and 2 dated today.....should i pastebin the latest of the four @red51?

• No error files that I could see on the client. Interestingly enough, I just found several instances of java.exe running in the background task list on windows 8.1 and one background instance of RisingWorld running in the background tasks. They may have caused some issues so I will retry this. Not sure why these were left running in the background. Anywho, for your viewing pleasure, my holy world:

Oh, yes, old background instances may cause trouble indeed.
    About the screenshot: Would be a pity if the world stays forever in that state ^^ It seems that there is either an issue with the client-server connection, or the serverside worldgeneration thread is crashed or stuck ?(

i have 4 such entries with that name.
    2 dated yesterday and 2 dated today.....should i pastebin the latest of the four red51?

That would be helpful ;)

• The world restores once I restart the server. Everything is intact and the way we left it prior to the disappearing chunks. It is definitely server side because ALL players see the same thing at the same time.

• Happened on your server.....

I was the only one on when it started, was chopping a tree down and in front of me...dirty, raked grass and "grey shadows" started to flicker...bump of lag and it stayed clear/white....as i flew back to spawn it started to spread....and way off in the distance the world stopped being created. (sorry not much of a log but i had never seen the game act like this before)

- 10:30pm CST

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!