Client fails to connect to dedicated server 100% of the time now.

• I get a connection error every time since the update a few minutes ago. Though I can see my server in the list. I have attached my info file.I would report this in the bug tracker, but when I attempt to go there, it says the bug tracker doesn't exist.

• I finally got connected to my test server after many many many tries. win.thedeadlands.net:30700. But still cannot get connected to my main server: win.thedeadlands.net:30500. Both were updated exactly the same.

• Alright the problem should be fixed now! It was an old bug, caused when a lot of animals exist in the world. Thanks for the log file @Absalom, without the log, it would have been pretty difficult to find this bug ^^
    If any issues still occur: Please let us know!

Note: The client also needs to be updated. If Steam does not find the update immediately, just restart it.

• Uh oh. Got a few players and starting to see some unstable behavior. Mostly sync issues probably caused by lag? Still getting some connection time-outs as well. I will post my files as soon as I get them.

[EDIT] Files attached.

Files

• log - Copy.zip

(160.61 kB, downloaded 235 times, last: )
    • info.txt

(12.36 kB, downloaded 230 times, last: )
  • Tried rebooting the servers, getting connection time-outs or connection error still.

Here's the tail end of the server log on my last connect:

• I don't know if it was coincidence, or just because there aren't as many players on yet, but I increased the server's heap size to 2048, even though it was only using around 250 MB of the 1024 allocated, and it seems a lot more stable now. We will see.

... Still getting lots of connection errors. I guess it was just a fluke that I was able to connect. lol.

• Nothing really suspicious in the log files.. it appears the server was running out of sync for some players towards the end.
    About the players who connected and instantly disconnected: Perhaps they don't have downloaded the latest bugfix yet?
    Only thing I can see in the log files: You should remove the output from the area protection script "New chunk: ...", especially frequent outputs (and the new chunk happens quite often, especially when there are several players online) slow down the server. But I doubt this is related to the initial problem...

• i connected a few times in the last hour,however after running around for a bit,i fell into the abyss and couldn't get back on solid land to continue playing.will try again in a few.

Try pressing F2 to fly when you fall.

Nothing really suspicious in the log files.. it appears the server was running out of sync for some players towards the end.
    About the players who connected and instantly disconnected: Perhaps they don't have downloaded the latest bugfix yet?
    Only thing I can see in the log files: You should remove the output from the area protection script "New chunk: ...", especially frequent outputs (and the new chunk happens quite often, especially when there are several players online) slow down the server. But I doubt this is related to the initial problem...

Yeah, I forgot to remove the debug print statements. I thought about removing them after I had to fish through thousands of lines of areaprotection. lol. They are gone now.

• I am still unable to connect to my own servers. I see a couple of players connected, and when I see more than one player connected, I cannot connect. I think there is still a problem. I did remove the debug messages from areaprotection.

• Did the port range change since the server list has been working? I mean, did you add another port to the end of the range? I still cannot connect to my servers. I see the player count, 4 on my test server and 1 on my main server. It times out every time for me.

Oh I didn't see your post about a new log. I will get them now. I will have to wait a couple hours when more people are on. I just kicked them off and everything is fine. Once I get 1 person on, I start having connection issues.

• Okay I have some log files. The log is from the server, and the info is from my client. I lost connection, but this time I was still in the world and everything just stopped responding. I quit and then went back into the server list and I see 3 other servers there but none of mine. That seems like it isn't a coincidence and maybe there was something wrong between the hive and the server when new servers come online? I don't know, I am just guessing. Attached are the logs.

Actually, I think the info.txt was from an hour ago. The newest one just have "#" on the first line, and that was it.

Files

• log.txt

(13.42 kB, downloaded 247 times, last: )
    • info.txt

(12.59 kB, downloaded 205 times, last: )
  • Still won't show up on the server list with those other 3 servers there. The log says that it connected to the hive, but that's where it ended:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!