Example script: AreaProtection

• I GOT IT!! HAD TO USE FILEZILLA BUT I GOT IT THX ANYWAY GUYS !!

Glad to hear it's working now :)

what would be the correct way to install so that areas on the server don't have to be recreated. The last time I updated we had to re do all the areas.

That's an important note! I've updated the initial post, so that people don't accidentally overwrite or delete the area database ;)

• what would be the correct way to install so that areas on the server don't have to be recreated. The last time I updated we had to re do all the areas.

That's an important note! I've updated the initial post, so that people don't accidentally overwrite or delete the area database ;)[/quote]

Thanks Red you are always one step ahead of my next question

• Having an issue guys, wondering if any one else is:

I /selectarea
    I /createarea NAME

All looks well, I repeat the process and create another area and the previous one disappears.

I looked through the AreaProtection forum posts and see nothing pertaining to this so I thought I would ask if anyone knows whats going with that?

This is after updating the script to 1.6 btw and yes I saved my db so all existing areas are still there. I'm also using World Edit script but looking through it I don't see anything in there that would bump heads with AreaProtect.

Epic Insomniacs Rising World!

Come have some fun @ 62.213.195.243:4255 or find us in the server list:
    [420] Epic Insomniacs Rising World Server

• I never had this problem do u use /showareas and see if they are still there?

• [SOLVED]
    Nevermind, after waiting over 24 hours I decided to run tests relating to my issue and managed to find a solution, thanks anyway.

• I have been using Area Protection on my server for several people for some time now with no real major issues other than a few bugs, However after todays game update, (0.5.5) I logged in to find that a large number of objects had been destroyed in my area, so I took a look at the logs and seen that a Player by the name of "Mosh" had recently been in to the server for a short time and was infact the only player since my previous login a couple of hours earlier, so I went and had a look at my log file and seen that he had destroyed the same number of objects that were missing from my zone, so I went back in game and went to my friends place and tried to destroy various items, ( I am not added to the area), and the script worked as it should and I had no affect on his objects, I tested this on a few other areas and got the same result with many different objects, this has led me to the conclusion that one of 2 things has allowed Mosh to come in and grief then leave has he did, 1. The command, "fixconstructionrange" is allowing a bypass of the protection script, or 2. He or someone he has been in contact with has an additional client side script, (as in hax) to get round the protection script.

Copy from log:

Edit: added in log file

• Hi, I am just starting out and I wanted to figure out this area protection (my kids like to mess with each other in game- BTW they LOVE this game)
    I want to make the areas but i'm not grasping what I am supposed to enter. is this X Y coors and I need to learn how to see these?
    can anyone give me an example please?

edit: figured out how to select an area...

/selectarea make a Startpoint then a Endpoint

Thanks for the help!

Oh how do I tell if the script is working properly? I keep getting "command not found" pretty sure I have done something wrong lol.

Thanks again!

• Guten Tag Zusammen

Mal ne frage an euch gib es bei den beiden versionen ein unterschied ,ich frag nur weil im ersten beitrag sind ja 2 daten die man runterladen kann.

einmal areaProtectionScriptv16.zip und dan diese areaProtectionScriptv17.zip und da wollte ich mal wissen ob es da ein unterschied gibs oder ob es gleich ist

Sorry wegen meine Rechtschreibung und Schreibweise bin nun mal nicht Perfekt

• es wäre besser du nimmst die neue version 1.7. die alte würde auch nicht mehr gehen mit den neuen server files. aber grundsätzlich immer updaten. und das ist egal welches plugin das auch ist.

--------------------------
    s3mt3x™ ツ

• Wir haben die v16 Version erstmal sicherheitshalber drin gelassen, sie ist aber nicht mit der neuen Version des Spiels (ab 0.5.6) kompatibel. Verwende also die v17, ich habe die v16 auch mal aus dem Eingangspost entfernt ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!