Bug repport after installing the "linux Lwjgl xrand fix"

• Hi,

I have this error when launching the game. I've installed the "linux Lwjgl xrand fix"

• Please try this: Rightclick on Rising World in your Steam Lib -> Properties -> Betas -> Select "linux - Lwjgl xrandr fix" (no code required), close the window and try to start the game again (once download finishes). Does it still crash?

• I did it and I had the error report that I send you in the first post ^^ (the error I had was reported in other post in the forum).
    I'm on Fedora 23 and I have an HDMI cable connected to my tv. I've disconnected the HDMI cable, but the error wasn't gone.
    I thought that the problem was the java version of my system, but I've found that the game uses theirs (Java: 1.8.0_73).
    Also I've launched the game in a terminal and it works, but I can't log in. (I'm not sure if this problem is related for this error).

• I did it and I had the error report that I send you in the first post

Oh sorry, I have misread that you already tried the Beta :D

Also I've launched the game in a terminal and it works, but I can't log in

Hmm... what Java version is installed on your system? Maybe you can try to replace the JRE of the game (in steam/steamapps/common/Rising World/java) with your System JRE and see if you can start the game then (perhaps it's indeed related to the Java version).
    If that doesn't work, you can try to replace the "lwjgl.jar" in "steam/steamapps/common/Rising World/core" with this one: https://github.com/tfg13/lwjgl/releases/tag/test_lwjgl%23112

• Oh sorry, I have misread that you already tried the Beta

Don't worry, I thought you did :P

My java version is:

Code
    openjdk version "1.8.0_91"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

After launching the game with my java version I've got this without the xrand fix:

And this with the xrand fix:

If that doesn't work, you can try to replace the "lwjgl.jar" in
    "steam/steamapps/common/Rising World/core" with this one:
    https://github.com/tfg13/lwjgl/releases/tag/test_lwjgl%23112

I'll try later the last one ^^

• I've tried the git lwjgl.jar file and nothing, it stills crashes with the this message:

I've notice that the game has been updated and thus now I can't switch to the xrand fix.

• Last update fixed the errors from the console on GNU/Linux, but I continue not to be able to launch the game from steam client. I have the same error as before (org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: No modes available):

Any idea on how to fix it?

• Of course ^^ , here you have the code:

• Thanks for the xrandr output :) It looks fine, and lwjgl should definitely be able to handle this output. But since you're using Fedora, it seems that the issue is more likely related to Steam (Fedora is not officially supported by Steam unfortunately). When launching the game through Steam, it uses his own libraries instead of your system libraries. Apparently xrandr does not deliver a proper output in this case.
    A solution would be to run the game from the game directory directly, but eventually some additional steps may be necessary to do that. Alternatively it could be an option to use the native runtime, at least this is a common solution for similar problems when using Linux Arch (not sure if this is helpful for Fedora in any way). Maybe send me a link to your profile in Steam or alternatively add me to your contacts, then we can solve the issue via chat directly ;)

• With the new test-branch I finally got the game launch from steam seamless. Thank you very much for your help ;)
    Seems that the Fedora package of steam needs some fixes.

EDIT: I can't change the thread title nor say it's done because I created it before creating an account. Sorry for the inconvenience :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!