Changelog 2016-05-25: Water update

• Hi folks! It took a long time, but finally the long anticipated water update is available :) You will find water in ponds and lakes, randomly spread over the world, as well in big oceans.
    Please note that this is only static water, in other words, it does not adapt to the terrain when you dig up the banks of a lake.

There are of course a lot of other new features, like the ability to drink water, or new vegetations/objects, as well as several bugfixes. Please find the full changelog attached.

Old worlds will still be compatible with this update, but it's highly recommended to create a backup, in case something goes wrong. Please let us know if you have trouble loading your existing worlds.

Have fun :)

• [New] New feature: Water
    • [New] New biome: Ocean
    • [New] Ponds and lakes in regular biomes
    • [New] Creative terrain tool to place water
    • [New] New trees: Cherry tree, dead willow, dead rowan, maple (swamp variation)
    • [New] New plants: Sea plant, tube sponge (although it's an animal)
    • [New] New objects (decoration): Wicker beach chair, life saving ring
    • [New] You can drink fresh water now to quench your thirst (use interaction key)
    • [New] Added error handling for native crashes
    • [New] Added detection for outdated graphics drivers
    • [New] Added square terrain edit area (Creative mode)
    • [New] Added option to keep inventory on death (settings -> miscellaneous)
    • [New] Added various other options to settings menu (allow commands, flymode, change custom images resolution etc)
    • [New] Added new permission "general_keepinventory" (to keep inventory on death)
    • [New] Added falling leaves when cutting a tree or plant
    • [New] Added option to set window resizeable (only via config at the moment, will be changed shortly)
    • [New] Added various new soundeffects
    • [New] Added 'setl' command (to change resize precision for construction elements)
    • [New] Added 'clearinventory' console command
    • [Change] Greatly increased growth time for plants and saplings
    • [Change] Blueprints can hold much more construction elements now (~65 million)
    • [Change] Fixed refraction leaking (i.e. wrong refractions when objects were in front of refractive surfaces)
    • [Change] Multiplayer: Admins gain full permissions now (unless 'settings_admins_all_permissions' is set to false)
    • [Change] Increased despawn time for dead bodies in singleplayer (30 minutes now)
    • [Change] Did some smaller visual adjustments to snow biomes
    • [Change] Reduced thirst interval, increased hunger interval
    • [Change] Command "setr" now also works for image placement
    • [Change] Traffic cones can be picked up now
    • [Change] Changed some object descriptions
    • [Change] Improved some sound effects
    • [Change] Commands and Lua output now show up in rcon tool
    • [Change] Inactive physics objects (items, chopped trees) will be reactivated on nearby activity
    • [Change] Changed recipe of sandstone blocks
    • [Change] Updated detection for unsupported graphics adapters
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue which prevented you from walking through doors after teleporting
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with invisible collision after cutting trees
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with still getting damage from lava (hell) after respawning
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with chunks suddenly disappearing after respawn and regenerating
    • [Bugfix] Fixed start problems on some machines
    • [Bugfix] Greatly reduced occurrence of "flying plants" over cave entrances
    • [Bugfix] Inventory no longer closes when looting corpses using the interaction key
    • [Bugfix] Fixed false graphics card warning with integrated Intel graphics adapters
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some localization issues (message dialogs)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues with ingame registration
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong fog calculation for distant objects (furniture etc)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a crash when the clipboard (e.g. in chat) was not available

Bugfix 2016-05-26:

• [Change] Lakes spawn more frequently now
    • [Bugfix] Fixed load/conversion problem with old worlds
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue when loading a world once again
    • [Bugfix] Fixed permissions not working correctly for admins (Multiplayer)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with water effect when reloading a world

Bugfix 2016-05-27:

• [New] Creative water tool can now also be used to remove water
    • [New] Added setting to enable/disable water reflections
    • [New] Added serveroption (Multiplayer) to determine if Lua output should be forwarded to Rcon
    • [Change] Creative paint tool no longer affects water
    • [Change] Native crash dialogs are shown in correct language now
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash on Linux and SteamOS
    • [Bugfix] Fixed sound issues on some machines (loud, distorted or missing sounds etc.)
  • Other then Small little ponds , I have not found any lakes in the world at all. I Saw some pictures of larger lakes but I have yet to see the game generate anything more then what I would say is a small rock fishing pond.

• Other then Small little ponds , I have not found any lakes in the world at all. I Saw some pictures of larger lakes but I have yet to see the game generate anything more then what I would say is a small rock fishing pond.

Keep looking they will be there somewhere oO :-) took me like 30min to find the ocean

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • where? i dont see any download section, just a section to buy which i did through steam

You need to be logged in to see the links, the buy now will change to download after you have logged in, look to the top right side of the page to login

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I am showing Alpha 0.6.5.1, is this the correct version for the water update?

It is a windows non-steam version and it "checks for updates" but finds nothing ...

I went to Downloads Page, but it says I cannot play the game with that version.

• I am showing Alpha 0.6.5.1, is this the correct version for the water update?

It is a windows non-steam version and it "checks for updates" but finds nothing ...

I went to Downloads Page, but it says I cannot play the game with that version.

its Alpha 0.7 with the water and http://www.rising-world.net/en/page/downloads.html just redirects me to the main page and i dont see any other "Download" link on the website and i am logged in

• its Alpha 0.7 with the water and http://www.rising-world.net/en/page/downloads.html just redirects me to the main page and i dont see any other "Download" link on the website and i am logged in

Just tested and it works fine, look to the top of the main home page to see if it still says logged in, if not login then click the download link.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • see if this link takes you to downloads, red should be server, I am going to try blue link anyway since I may have misunderstood that "Steam" players cannot play the game with blue links. I just assumed since my client "checks for updates" that I would get it that way (as usual)

edit, hmm it does not redirect me, how about this link (for server files):
    http://download.rising-world.n…?type=server&filetype=zip

ty, you're a lifesaver :)

• Guys i would wait anyway oO, Red is working on bug fix's and after hes done you will most likey need to redownload the new server files with the bug fix's

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I am doing singleplayer with the client executable, and killed out all my old worlds anyway so I don't care whether the new version is compatible with older worlds

Apparently the "client" on download link downloaded an older version of the client (0.6), re downloaded all the JARs again, and is now applying updates one at a time or something.

(* now I am getting a "corrupted files" message on a brand new fresh install)

This is just for JIW for troubleshooting purposes, it is not a complaint, I just do not know whether this is supposed to be working or not.

• I think the problem is that he has not given any updates at all for non steam players, so I will wait a bit then try again.

Right now I have a version 06(52)(my previous client) and a version 06(0) (redownloaded from downloads page) but nothing that says alpha 0.7.

I have windows, non steam, no old worlds or saves. Apparently steam version has been out for four or five hours but nothing for those of us using the inhouse (nonsteam) client. I would be willing to switch over to Steam version if he is phasing out support for non steam users, and wants to give us a steamkey instead, since this comes up after most updates.

This is just for JIW for troubleshooting purposes, it is not a complaint, I just do not know whether this is supposed to be working or not.

• Yes it seems its at 0.6, i would say there is just a time delay between when they release the updates, this has taken longer most likey because bugs have been found that are getting fixed, no point in updating the download files till the bugs are fixed. :-)

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!