Changelog 2016-05-25: Water update

• I read elsewhere that there is a 20% chance of getting a lake in a given biome. I hoped it would be higher so i guess i will be looking further

Yes thats right :-) its 20% chance in a grass biome

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Can't get the client to start at all in Linux Mint 17.3 with this latest update. I could with previous updates. I am running
    all requirements, at or exceeding maximum. Using the steam version. Removed game files, re-downloaded them. Checked
    Java version, it is 8. Not sure what to check next.

• Other then Small little ponds , I have not found any lakes in the world at all. I Saw some pictures of larger lakes but I have yet to see the game generate anything more then what I would say is a small rock fishing pond.

I can confirm this. Only small ponds and one time I actually did found an ocean... But the lake to make an mountain cabin didn`t found.

• Great work Devs the water is awesome. Thank you for your hard work and commitment.

Can't get the client to start at all in Linux Mint 17.3 with this latest update. I could with previous updates. I am running
    all requirements, at or exceeding maximum. Using the steam version. Removed game files, re-downloaded them. Checked

Clean out your log directory and try to start the client again. Then post any log file in the log directory and check the root directory of the client and send any error logs that may pop up there. Without logs I will not be able to help much.

• Hi,
    great work as ever Red.!!
    Found the ocean looks great and a few ponds, the water is magic.
    What's the keyword or code so that we can start creating our oown ponds, etc., into our projects using the /we fill or /we place or item/object commands please.

Found out how to place it using the terraform [F5) looks way cool.

• We are unable to download the newest update either through the shortcut or RW home page. Where's that sneaky update?

Found it! I used the one from the steam dedicated server.

• @fuzzyfreak: The regular serverfiles are also updated now :)

A hotfix is available which should solve most of the problems, especially load problems with old worlds (which have been created prior the water update). Here you find more information about that: Load old worlds with Water update

Bugfix 2016-05-26:

• [Change] Lakes spawn more frequently now
    • [Bugfix] Fixed load/conversion problem with old worlds
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue when loading a world once again
    • [Bugfix] Fixed permissions not working correctly for admins (Multiplayer)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with water effect when reloading a world
  • Only lake I saw was in game with seed "Lake", Red gave me. Other seeds generate no lakes for me. "Lake" puts you just near beautiful, surreal lake.... time to make mountain log cabin...

• Hi,
    I've been playing today with water have built a pool which I'm trying to fill. Only tool I know to use is the [F5]terrain tool which isn't very good get blotchy water. I think the Lus script using /we Select then /we fill or /we place might be easier to use Is that possible. What is the name and iid of water please.

• Hi,
    I've been playing today with water have built a pool which I'm trying to fill. Only tool I know to use is the [F5]terrain tool which isn't very good get blotchy water. I think the Lus script using /we Select then /we fill or /we place might be easier to use Is that possible. What is the name and iid of water please.

It's recommendable to enable the height limitation (return key, and pgup/pgdown to adjust the height) for the water tool, this way you get smooth water surfaces :) If you want to fill a pool for example, it's eventually also easier to use the rectangular shape (enable it by pressing G).
    However, the water IDs are 100 and 101 (saltwater) ;)

• Is there a way to remove water once you've placed it? I accidentally made the water level too high filling something in. Or will placing lower level water over it change the height of previously placed water?

• @Frosty: Thanks for sharing your screenshots, glad to hear you like it :) About water removal, you can't remove it directly at the moment unfortunately, but you can fill it up with terrain (dirt or stone), then remove it again.

• Can't get the client to start at all in Linux Mint 17.3 with this latest update. I could with previous updates. I am running

This sucks, all I am getting is the starting window and then the first logo flash and the game crashes. Nobody can help me?

<edit>
    Ok, I should of searched first. I found that Red is working on the issue. Thank You
    </edit>

• This sucks, all I am getting is the starting window and then the first logo flash and the game crashes. Nobody can help me?

<edit>
    Ok, I should of searched first. I found that Red is working on the issue. Thank You
    </edit>

Indeed! A thread about the Linux-specific issues with the water update can be found here. For us 'penguinians', the thirst goes on...

It's recommendable to enable the height limitation (return key, and pgup/pgdown to adjust the height) for the water tool, this way you get smooth water surfaces If you want to fill a pool for example, it's eventually also easier to use the rectangular shape (enable it by pressing G).
    However, the water IDs are 100 and 101 (saltwater)

Thanks Red that's much smoother, thanks for the tip. I do find the shape tool limiting though on occasion as here for my new olympic pool :) . I find it easier to use the /we select and the /we fil, I;m going for the full depth of water for the viewing panels I have in the side of the pool. Sadly the water id's don't work eg /we fill 100.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!