Changelog 2016-05-25: Water update

• I do not mean to sound ungrateful, and i know this is a huge amount of work for a small devteam, but how long do we have to wait for some major update to be released?

I know the water update i a huge step, but quite frankly, it doesn´t make me want to pick up rising world again. Dynamic water will be a huge improvement and I am really looking forward to some serious survival action where the creative mode and the noclip/flying mode is possible to disable.
    We need some new threats that makes things a bit exiting and ups the difficulty a bit, because I´m a bit tired of the creative "only" mode.

Don´t get me wrong. There has been some really great improvements since I started playing RW, but I´m still longing for something that changes the kind of boring gameplay that RW currently offers the players.

• While respecting your perspective, I would like to remind that there are other perspectives as well. For me the lack of monsters, zombies, etc. does not make the playing boring at all, as it allows me to concentrate in (hopefully) better building and landscaping.

Creative mode and fly mode are choices: if you do not like them, you are free not to use them (I personally try to use them as sparingly as possible). More additions are on the way, from dynamic water to some kind of transportation, to NPCs (which I look forward to) and dungeons (which IMO I believe not to fit that much the RW paradigm and I hope they will not be a necessary step to enjoy RW).

I agree that survival is too on the easy side in 'easy' contexts. On the other hands, it is too deterministic in hard encounters: meet a bear or a tiger and you only can run away or die. Possibly some 'simple' tunings of some parameters (like for instance the nutritive values of foods) and some not overly complex additions (like some armours or defence) would already help. Also, I would welcome some effect of the different biomes on the player health and efficiency (the programme already monitors the player body temperature, which is different in the various biomes, so there is something in this direction already; but currently this datum is not propagated to other vital parameters).

Most of these however are fine tunings and (more or less) final touches, which seems reasonable to postpone until major additions are implemented.

• Obviously we want different things from this game, while some of the aspects you mention are common desires for the both of us.
    NPCs, transportation possibilities and dynamic water, as I also mentioned, is going to be great, when it´s implemented in 2020-something. (Just kidding).
    But as animals, dangerous and not, are already a part of the game, I really can´t imagine that more angry predators and/or monster-like creatures who wants to hunt you down could be the most time consuming thing to implement. It´s only a matter of priorities, and therefore it´s a shame that the dev team isn´t bigger.

I love that building and landscaping are time consuming things and it should stay that way in survival mode. There should be a creative mode, where you have the options to fly, chop down trees in one hit and possibly have an unlimited, pre stocked inventory, for those who prefer that, but these two game types shouldn´t be mixed, because I consider both to be ruining the other game type.
    This may be the future of RW, but a very distant future in that case.

• I kind of agree with you. I love the water update and cannot wait for it to be dynamic. I love building and exploring. However with other survival games out there I find myself gravitating to them to get that sense of excitement and adventure from dungeons and monsters.

• Well, in all fairness, the survival aspect hasn't exactly been tthe focus until possibly recently with the water update. Prior its been adding new craftable items, bug fixes, texture updates, biomes, etc etc.... over the next few months when dungeons and the new character models come out, new primitive tool set, and dropping the iron tools from our initial inventory, we will see what kind of survival elements come

• Supposedly a bunch of server fixes

Login lag fix 8o Login lag fix =O Login lag fix 8o Login lag fix 8o

Frame drop fix =O Frame drop fix 8o Frame drop fix =O Frame drop fix 8o

Invisible animal fix :rolleyes:

• yeah, on the Server it's pretty bad lag after so many logins it drops performance of everyone.

slowing movement down slower and slower along with degrading FPS on entire server. Makes it appear as if your drunk walking, if FPS goes down if lag you appear as if you character is in slow motion. The weird thing to me it seems to be happening client side since you log off and login it's fine.

I don't get how it's client side for login lag slowing performance client side or if that's only server side. I can't tell what is degrading me faster or slower overtime in FPS or the bug is more users login and out of the server. Either problem is one or both I don't get how Red51 is managing memory or actions of others are affecting the clients. I assume the response from the server is also getting worse and worse but since I don't have the server info I can not determine that. Only see degrading FPS and notice slow movement of my tools over time.

I seen some games delay their problem by putting it into the GPUs but that's the same bomb now it has a lot more variation in timers. The normal problems of not clearing out memory graphical entities, lighting and areas no longer in range correctly or float point errors of vertices where things don't line up all can cause build up of garbage which is never dumped. Or sever side not dumping pre-cache graphics or something. I am just assume something graphical since most of that type of memory problem growing exponential fast is. If that was fixed that be a good thing especially for servers. I don't know how your getting inside information but I hope that's looked at since any server that has many users on seems to create an endless disconnect / reconnect for all of us trying to get a fast avatar again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!