[Script]AreaProtection 2.0 now allows area Owners to add their own Friends, and has built in teleporting for areas.

• NEW AREA PROTECTION

More options and some bug fix's no more you are not admin and command errors

/showareas to visualize all existing areas
    /hideareas to hide all visualized areas
    /arealist lists all the areas defined
    /areatp2 will teleport you to the given area by name, make sure that you are flying when you use this!!!
    /areatp will teleport you to the given area by ID, make sure that you are flying when you use this!!!
    /showareainfo to show all members of an area with their groups
    /addplayertoarea to add a player to the provided group inside the area you currently are
    /removeplayerfromarea to unregister a player from the area you're standing in
    /selectarea to visualize all existing areas
    /createarea to save the area you have defined previously
    /removearea to delete the area you're currently inside
    /reloadgroups to reload all group propertyfiles
    /showareaplayerrights to show all members of an area with their rights
    /cleanuparea to remove all objects, constructions, vegetations and blocks from an area
    /fillarea to fill up an area with terrain or air

Admin's can add all groups to any area they should add all players to an area as a Owner one owner per plot. Owners then can add the group Friend to his or her own area

Groups
    Admin = the Admin of all areas
    Guest = someone passing by
    Owner = the owner of the area the Admin has appointed
    Shopper = a group that can only take stuff from chests but do nothing else
    Lockup = allows you to lock a user to a area
    Lockout = allows you to lockout a user from going into a area
    Miner = a user that can only dig rock but cannot do anything else
    Friend = a user who is trusted they can build or do anything in a area you own Note: friends cannot add other friends to areas only the Owner can do this

Note: it is very important to use Admin not admin or Owner not owner in adding any group to areas

Files

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited 6 times, last by yahgiggle ().

• So do you just copy this over the old area protection or do you have to delete the old one and recreate the areas?

Keep the database file from your old protection in other words just copy over keep a full copy of your old protection for safety also you will need to change any users to Owner if they are added as anything else to do this just re add them

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • hi, very nice work but....

i found this error in log:

/mnt/scripts
    [Fatal Error] definition.xml:5:22: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/mnt/scripts/AreaProtection/definition.xml; lineNumber: 5; columnNumber: 22; The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:348)
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:205)
    at lua.ScriptDefinition.<init>(SourceFile:29)
    at lua.LuaScript.<init>(SourceFile:46)
    at lua.ScriptManager.loadScripts(SourceFile:35)
    at server.Main.c(SourceFile:454)
    at server.Main.initApplication(SourceFile:276)
    at commons.JIWApplication.initialize(SourceFile:92)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread(NullContext.java:86)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:129)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    ERROR in definition.xml!! (Path: /mnt/scripts/AreaProtection/definition.xml)
    Scriptfile "null" does not exist

• ah ya good eye there. Hey giggles, its in the definition.xml line 5. Seems the xml parser is freaking out over the & symbol. I suggest to you and everyone else who has AP2.0 to change all & in that file to just and for now

• ah ya good eye there. Hey giggles, its in the definition.xml line 5. Seems the xml parser is freaking out over the & symbol. I suggest to you and everyone else who has AP2.0 to change all & in that file to just and for now

Thanks ill look into this asap

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I haven't had a chance to put this on my main server but I am sure it will be awesome BUT one thing that would make it great would be....... predefined areas... (waiting for all the no's to go down.) I did not say it would be easy just nice. That way you could setup a server with land parcels and sit back and enjoy your beer...

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• I haven't had a chance to put this on my main server but I am sure it will be awesome BUT one thing that would make it great would be....... predefined areas... (waiting for all the no's to go down.) I did not say it would be easy just nice. That way you could setup a server with land parcels and sit back and enjoy your beer...

thats what you have admins for :P
    but would be cool to be able to download premade server files.

• hey giggles, is it possible to make sub areas, a area within a area and set the group to that so everyone is a shopper? We want to make a free food area for people that can take from the chest but not harvest or do any damage.

Thanks in advance.

• hey giggles, is it possible to make sub areas, a area within a area and set the group to that so everyone is a shopper? We want to make a free food area for people that can take from the chest but not harvest or do any damage.

Thanks in advance.

yes you can make areas inside areas i might look at adding a option to have rules for areas like createarea shopping -1 this area with -1 would protect everything but let users take from chests oO or say -2 this would let all guests and users cut trees but thats all, maybe ill look into that soon but in the meantime you can add a area inside a area and add users as shoppers to that new area Oo only problem admins are only able to add other groups so i will also change this too

just make the area then you can use (addplayertoarea Shopper Yahgiggle) yahgiggle can only take from chests he cannot do damage or build

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

• Läuft bei mir nicht kann keine Area erstellen mit /selectarea

Lost City 2.0 *=[TKC]=*
    Rising World :Java Server: 185.150.25.186:4300

Rising World :Unity Server : 85.14.192.152:4255

Rust Server Lost Island: 185.150.25.186:26000

Day of Defead Source: Lost Solider IP:185.150.25.186:27200

Teamspeak: 185.150.25.186:9987

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RIWOLOCI

• you need to frist copy protection2.0 folder and files too script folder then restart your server
    after it runs type in the chat /selectarea

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!