Wildlife trouble.

• So, I just got killed. Inside my house. By a bear, that had just run straight throug the closed metal door (grille) in the wall surrounding my house.
    After it had run through the grille in the wall it seemingly effortlessly run straight throug the closed regular metal door in my house and killed me inside.
    This is a real gamebreaker for me, if I cant even feel safe behind a metal door inside a stone house then what am I supposed to do? Stick to creative mode?
    Has anyone else had this happen and is there any fix for this on its way?

• This we 'll be fixed in the future. Happens because animals have no collission till now. This needs to be fixed to create your animal farm or chicken coop. You can kill a bear while dodging his attacks, but I've never heard about bears running through closed doors. You can use gm 1 till he's killed, and you get rid of him. :)

• Thx for the response Deirdre. Yes, I know I can go to gm1 and handle the bear, I did after it killed me. But my problem with this is more on the psycological plane. If bears just run through metall doors and grilles then whats the point of building a house at all. Same thing if I have to play in gm1 to be safe, it would be like playing pacman with the ghosts disabeled. Its hard to explain but anyone who played resident evil should know what I meen. The safe rooms (or houses) are supposed to be safe.

• I've never heard about bears running through closed doors

Me nither actually. Previously they were able to strike at me throuh grilles and walls, but only if I stayed within their reach. They were only able to sort of get halfway through walls and such. That was annoying enough but this new behaviour made me want to mention it here in the forum, since things gone from bad to worse in this particular issue.

• remember this game is still in alpha testings, meaning its a very long way away from being a completed game so bugs like angry bears running through walls is going to happen. i have seen animals float in mid air already, the ground has suddenly disappear on me and i go falling to hell, it all don't bother me because i know its still in a ALPHA state. If you don't like bugs then stop playing until its officially released.

All these bugs are the main reason why we have gm 1 and i think all servers should allow players to have it for now until Rising World is in a more stable state.

• Perfectly valid point there Chrisx84. I am aware of these things and as mentioned above I only brought it up because things became worse than they were before. And I'm still curious if this is something thats beeing worked on right now or if it will be fixed later on.

Cheers

• Hey @Hawke67,

My friends and I in multiplayer share your pain.
    hostile animals being able to clip through walls or even spawn inside buildings have been killing many players even right next to their shelter, you can already imagine the annoyance of respawning only to die again...
    Bonus on top of it is that they tend to become invisible.

I'm unsure if its happens after teleporting around a lot or if it just happens the longer you stay online. Only a relog makes them visible again for as long as it lasts and the cycle continues. I wonder if they turn invisible in single player too... :/

Online i've been called to help kill Shelter camping ninja bears often and although its fun helping players in stress i cant overlook the fact that this wouldn't be cool when theres nobody around to clear the respawn area. =O

Unfortunatly there's currently no real fix for the glitchy animals, just the gm 1 workaround.
    So we just hang in there while we all watch & experience how the game is being created one step at a time. Nothing in the game right now is "final" so yea it is gonna be fixed.

In fact Animals will be re-done once animal husbandry features are implemented. ( planned ) <- so keep a look out :thumbsup:

for now the ALPHA game stage of the game is all about adding features after that stage it would be all about polishing and balancing things out. I hope one day you'll be able to share a screenshot of a bear you turned into a stuffed trophee, now THAT my friend... is what should mark the end of a glitchy bears era :rolleyes:

• Hi there SilverSatin
    Thx for the input. Knowing im not the only one having this problems actually helps a bit, I guess I stick to gm1 until this gets solved then. The idea of a stuffed bear sounds quite cool :)

Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!