[Script] VorNet

• **UPDATE ABOUT VT BELOW**

I like to introduce a open source system called VorNet.
    It manages money, teleports, home with more planned in the near future.
    Players can spend money to buy daylight, food, drink and a medic.
    Food - refills the player hunger
    Drink - refills the player thirst
    Medic - heals the player

More explanation in its github repo

https://github.com/chrisx84/VorNet

**VT UPDATE**
    To anyone using /vt as a teleport system. Please start using another tp system like //tpa or portals. I'm ditching /vt in 1.1.0 so i can focus more on the main system of vornet such as money, leveling and achievements(well till red puts those two in) and other roleplay and player management tools.
    It was fun coding vt and using it to teach myself lua but it's been to much of a hassle for me since i started the project as a exclusive tp system for the day one server.
    Sorry to all who have tp locations setup in /vt but //tpa and portals are two awesome tp systems that are waaaaay better then /vt.
    I may do a video soon of how to use //tpa and portals for server admins soon.

• An extension which would be very welcome by most builders -- I assume -- would be the possibility to "buy" woodplanks/beams with custom ID (as in "^item qty id") with an equal number of unprocessed lumbers or standard woodplanks/beams (they all correspond one to one).

The cost would take the cheating out of the process, still allowing max building flexibility for 'regular' players.

What do you think? would it be possible to automate such a function? would be worth of a specific, separate script?

• An extension which would be very welcome by most builders -- I assume -- would be the possibility to "buy" woodplanks/beams with custom ID (as in "^item qty id") with an equal number of unprocessed lumbers or standard woodplanks/beams (they all correspond one to one).

The cost would take the cheating out of the process, still allowing max building flexibility for 'regular' players.

What do you think? would it be possible to automate such a function? would be worth of a specific, separate script?

Actually great idea and ill look into that very soon, im just working on a blueprint/lua sharing website for this great game which will also allow for website hosting for rising world servers. Website that is still being built is https://rwshare.net

• Two comments on VorNet:

1) I am not 100% sure about the daylight command: I understand some prefer to work during day light, but I for one actually like the day/night cycle, as it gives me a perception of the flowing of the time. I believe changing the day time should be consensual among all players, not at the mercy of anyone unconditionally.

2) I did not notice a way to earn more money in addition to the initial amount. Do you have plans/ideas for this?

• Two comments on VorNet:

1) I am not 100% sure about the daylight command: I understand some prefer to work during day light, but I for one actually like the day/night cycle, as it gives me a perception of the flowing of the time. I believe changing the day time should be consensual among all players, not at the mercy of anyone unconditionally.

2) I did not notice a way to earn more money in addition to the initial amount. Do you have plans/ideas for this?

1) the daylight command will be optional soon via the config
    2) i am planning on achievements that gives money, also admins can give players money with addmoney command

as for about rw share, i will do a thread soon when im ready to announce it

• 1.0.4a is out with some more fixes and now has /me for roleplaying gestures like "/me is jamming to some hardcore music" which will show up in chat as "***Chrisx8416 is jamming to some hardcore music"

Also updated the topic starter with some sad info about /vt :( sorry to all for that

• Chris i have a advanced money system maybe you could take a look at it, users earn money by building and that money can buy stuff in chests in shop areas as you take stuff out of a chest it takes your money, but the idea was if you put items into a chest you earn money like selling and buying of cause the more item type in a shop the cheaper it becomes and also you earn less when selling that item, also the idea was that there are ATM's where you manage your cash, ever player is also taxed that tax is used for lotto system and other things set by the admins lol if your interested let me know

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • i am, that sounds like a awesome idea, i been trying to figure out in my head how to set chests to take money when someone takes something.

btw love the TARDIS on your server. with the help of portals it truly does make it bigger on the inside

your welcome to add me on steam giggles

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!