Resizing planks

• I have seen several videos, contacted developerand tried all I can find out but cannot get Shift+ arrow keys to resize planks. When I press page down the plank spits out a another plank and reduces inventory. These rejects can be collected using F key and then reinstated under original material number in inventory. Videos suggest on the one hand that planks are resized for height&/or width whilst others suggest this only affects the gap between planks. Can anyone advise me as very frustrated cant fill gaps in walls/ fences as should do. My system is windows 10, 16GB memory,gigabyte 960 Graphics card with 4 mb onboard cache. All other aspects seem OK just this niggle.

• I know just how confused you are.

If you want to resize either a plank or a beam, you hold right shift while using the arrow keys. If you hit control it will temporarily place a plank or beam and you can move, resize or rotate it. You can then use RMB to place. When you are doing a line of planks as you said, you can use the + and - keys to change the space between the planks.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks for reply. I am not touching Control, only page down to get the spin off result. These spin offs lay on the ground whilst original plank remains usually just above the spin offs. moving cursor reveals open hand but only F key allows collection. How do you select " temporary" plank to enable rmb TO PLACE. sorry IF A BIT THICK BUT GETTING SENBIOR MOMENTS I THINK

• When I press page down the plank spits out a another plank and reduces inventory

Make sure your keybinding is correct. If you drop an item when pressing PageDown, your keybinding for "Drop item" is either set to KEY_PGDN", or your keyboard triggers a different input (for some reason). I've attached two screenshots of the controls section where you can find the particular keybindings.
    Alternatively you can reset all your settings to default, to do that, shutdown the game, go to your game directory (steamversion: Rightclick on RW in Steam -> Properties -> Local files -> Browse local files) and delete the "config.properties" file (eventually it is just called "config").

• Once the plank or beam is dropped (spun off) you cannot reposition it. You can only pick it up (f). What is showing above the spin-off is the next plank or beam to appear (or "rez") that is ready to reposition or place.

As Red said, you must have changed the drop key (q by default) to the page down key.

Don't worry about senior moments. There are many of us around here. :-)

• My sincere apologies for reviving this thread, but I'm having similar difficulties in resizing. I play on a laptop and usually use it's keyboard, but have plugged in a regular keyboard, I've messed around with keybindings, reset them including deleting the config file, but I still can't resize planks (or anything else for that matter.)If anyone has any insight, I'd be very, very grateful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!