why i bought rising world

• I bought rising world because it was on sale, and after clocking up close to 1400 hours on WURM U, I figured I wouldn't play anything else, as I enjoyed WU so much, but when RW came on sale I knew it was time for a change, I will say up front though I have been avoiding buying RW, because I figured it wouldn't be any where as good as WU, but I have been proven very wrong.

I bought it a couple of days ago, and I have to say it's loads better than wurm, and I understand that it's still a game in very early development, but it has a lot of potential,
    here is why I feel that it's better than WU
    first of all, NO GIANT FREAKING SPIDERS, that was a winner right up.
    no "religion" that was huge plus too, as a man who believes in Christ, (and please don't troll me for this, but religion really doesn't belong in a computer game, even if it's fantasy, just my 2c on that)
    no linear game play, ie you can do whatever you want, design whatever you want., no "box shaping" WU uses a minecraft building type, in that you only have one type of building framework.

lastly and most importantly, when you create something, like a building you actually have to build each and every piece, and you see that process right in front of you, WU doesn't do that, you simply have the item in your inventory and after 10 clicks it's there,

however on the flipside of things, there is one thing that i'm really not keen, on and I doubt i'll ever use it, unless they change it dramatiically
    the creative mode,
    there is no survival aspect, you don't need resources or food or water, this may work great when it comes to doing blueprints but for actual game play, this is just unappealing to me,

over I give this game a 8.5/10

keep up the great work and lets hope that more people get involved with this game.

• Well, in all fairness. Wurm has been out for a long time wheras Rising World is still in development and there is still a lot of content to be added. Any hostile mobs that come in addition to the bear or tiger will be a realistic. I think a snake might come eventually. Definately no giant spiders or zombies like in Minecraft. Any fantasy monsters will likely be restricted to dungeons when they come out (next major update).

There's still much to figure out and implement such as a story mode and adding of more ages to the game. We currently start out in a medievil age and jump right into modern once the tier 2 crafting table can be built. We want some sort of age progression from stone age all the way to modern but we aren't there yet. We've had some debates in other threads here recently about how do do that and whether it should be limited to just technology. There are also lots of cultural advancements that need to be made such as: working together and forming tribes, learning to paint, learning to tell stories, learning to write, and even forming religion. Culture cannot be ignored.

If you have any thoughts to add, please check out this thread
    Civilisation progress: really? pros? cons?

As far as the survival aspect, there's going to be much coming out over the next few months to add. We will be getting new character models, new tools, a boat, fishing rod, armor, clothing, some NPC humans (friendly and hostile) and dungeons (which should have monsters in them to the best of my knowledge)

Again.. early access game but I'm pretty happy with the progress being made so far :)

• Hopefully you're in for a long haul to see Rising World constantly updating for the better. There's much more to be had as time goes by. Luckily, there's stuff to learn from in Wurm Unlimited that it can all be used in Rising World. The boat building in the open being one example.

I guess Zork is the new main regular here so he mentioned all the things I wanted to, just not the one thing about survival. We do have to grow food to eat, or at least scavenge from the scenery like nomads. We can farm, yet everything is still at the basic level. We also have to drink from ponds to keep our thirst up, as well as building up by gathering resources. It may not be complex, yet it shall be such the more time goes by. and with fishing to be had. Survival is solid enough that you can do basic Minecraft related things of building shelter, a farm, and similar. Just not enough that there's still lots to be had, along with environmental effects of hot & cold, among diseases, illnesses, and others. Can't forget how there'll be log cabins in foresty type areas to have neutral & neutral hostile loggers/hunters, as well as roaming NPC merchants to trade with. I'd still however am willing to harass Red51 for companion NPCs we can customized & bring with us around the world as buddies :)

Looking forward to where it's all going, as well as both patiently & impatiently awaiting the horses's arrival so I can continue exploring my world.

• I can assure you I will be around for the long haul, and I really do hope these make the whole "religion" thing optional because it just doesn't sit right with me, having "religion" ingame. I guess it's just me, but I would definitely love to see more of this game and more people getting on board it has a big future, providing the developers get one track minded about this game and focus on it solely.

after playing wurm U for so long it's taking me a bit to get my head around stuff, i'm amazed by what I've seen so far, a guy in a forum further down built a freaking train in RW, are you kidding me lol, that was mind blowing on it's own, I was like nnnnnnnnnooooo way, that was just blowing my mind, imagine further down the road apiece how much more this game will be changing with things like that.

right now i'm just getting used to it, I haven't got to the stage where i'm full blown creating, just trying to get things made and see where and how they go...

• I doubt we'd see religion, unless Red51 goes deep with NPC villages and such. We'll get NPC Traders for admins (RPG behavior), & some roaming entities, just no religion. Maybe a touch on some dungeon themes because you never know, yet I haven't heard anything about religion. There won't be any blind hating & blind loving, nor blind following from what I keep hearing in the news and games. It'll just be you and the world. If you want religion then it might be up to you guys via multiplayer server + mods.

And yes, I'm in here for the long haul because Minecraft failed me in certain areas where Rising World won me over. Even waiting for the vehicles, something it won't allow in Minecraft. I have high hopes, yet that's only natural when you have red51 at the helm of this game. Waiting to see what he does with horses because you can go into heavy detail with them. Needing them greatly for my world.

People build amazing stuff, yes. It amazing me sometimes but I'm beginning to feel a bit of arrogance & favouritism. I even miss someone whom made a fancy garden. There's some users who dropped out ;( . I wish they come back.....They built trains, planes, boats, trucks, and bikes, all something Rising World needs. Well, minus passenger planes, but more like helicopters & a Sea Otter plane heh. Other than that, it's all awesome with the way people build. You should look for the upside down house also.

Good luck seeing where things goes. Try playing in the 'survival' style by having to gather everything. It might be painful, yet it's worth every moment. You can see how much further Red51 has to go with the game, yet it brings you hope because there'll be that much more awesome features within. It works even better when you have a buddy when you want to build bigger.

I think Dungeons & animals were going to be tended to next, then play models & animations after that in the following updates. That's from what I heard.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!