More Customizable Controls-- MAC USER FRIENDLY

• As a Mac user, it's often very difficult to find games that truly are Mac Friendly.
    And before anyone says it: No, I'm not getting another Microsoft based machine, or anything else. I love having a Mac, I hated having a PC, and I'm quite content to keep my current OS. Thank you. <3

That said, I'm a HUGE fan of architecture, interior design, and that's what made me buy this game through Steam. I love sandboxes, and have been playing the buggy Sims 3 to sate my addiction to customization. But now I'm bored, and on to a new game. So far this game is great. I bought it last night and just love it and everything that you've implemented so far. So happy with my purchase!

My favorite thing so far about the game is the Extended Construction Command list.... Just- AHHHH. I love it. <3
    The only problem that I've had is that to move an object along the x or y axis, you have to use the Page Up/Down key, which is something that Mac users don't have, and there's no way to change that command through the settings. :C I've tried everything I can think of to get the game to recognize me using the FN Down/Up command (which is the Mac equivalent to Page Up/Down), and so far nothing has worked. I've even tried to find the game file that would let me alter the code for that completely, but I didn't see anything.

So if you could maybe extend the control customization that would be awesome, and I think a lot of Mac users would love you all the more for it!

If there's not a way to do that, then maybe a ~command that would allow you to specify the grid height of the object you're trying to change, or something?

Thanks again!

• You may try looking in the file named config.properties in your main Rising World folder (no idea where this folder is in OSX, Linux only here!).

In this file there are entries named input_selector_pgdown and input_selector_pgup (and even alternative input_selector_pgdown_alt and input_selector_pgup_alt) and see if they affect the Extended construction System.

EDIT: I agree with you, I'm not getting another M*******t based machine and I am content with my current OS. Still, OSX users seem lucky from a Linux perspective: it is not very easy to find games which under Linux run at all, be it friendly or not!

• You can change these keys in the settings menu, just go to Settings -> Controls -> Placement -> change binding for "Up (move)" and "Down (move)" :)
    Of course you can also change the keybinding in the config.properties file manually, as suggested by @Miwarre

About the grid: What do you mean exactly with "grid height"? You can at least change the grid size by pressing + and - (while the grid is enabled)

• Also a mac-user I use a normal keyboard to play games wich require the extra buttons. But I've got another problem when placing blocks using the left mouse-button. I can see the line in which the blocks shall be placed but when releasing the left mouse-button no block will be placed.
    Anyone got the same problem or an idea how to solve it?

thanks,
    Nick

• But I've got another problem when placing blocks using the left mouse-button. I can see the line in which the blocks shall be placed but when releasing the left mouse-button no block will be placed.

You have to hold your left mouse button while placing the blocks. So do not release the left mouse button before you've placed the blocks with the right mouse button ;)

• i tried, but it don't work. I think it's due to the mac mouse. I can either left or right click. Using both buttons is not possible in normal configuration. Maybe I have to change system settings only for the game. Thats why i asked if someone has the same problems due to mac specifications :)

• i tried, but it don't work. I think it's due to the mac mouse. I can either left or right click. Using both buttons is not possible in normal configuration. Maybe I have to change system settings only for the game. Thats why i asked if someone has the same problems due to mac specifications :)

I had this exact problem. Mac keys seem to be conflicting with the way the controls are set up. So for example, the blocks:You hold left mouse down to drag and place multiples, and right mouse is to place the object, yes? Well, because Macs use a 'smart trackpad' instead of a standard mouse, you have to press down with 2 fingers on the trackpad to right click. The problem is that the game doesn't understand that that functions as a separate command than left click followed up by a right click. It thinks you're still just holding down left click. I have my game set up to use the Right Command key as my secondary interaction. No conflicts with anything so far. :]Hope that helps you!

• You can change these keys in the settings menu, just go to Settings -> Controls -> Placement -> change binding for "Up (move)" and "Down (move)" :)
    Of course you can also change the keybinding in the config.properties file manually, as suggested by @Miwarre

About the grid: What do you mean exactly with "grid height"? You can at least change the grid size by pressing + and - (while the grid is enabled)

I tried, believe me! :]
    However, the game doesn't recognize that when I hit the Shift+Up/Down buttons to change the X/Y Axis Height, that that's what I'm doing because my arrow keys are set up to rotate the item, WSAD are my walking controls, then various other keys have been allocated for other things.
    I thought I would be able to change the controls around a bit more until it worked, but for some reason the only way the game will allow me to use the Shift+Up/Down command is if I have no other use for the arrow keys at all, which is a bit of a pain, because I prefer to use those for motion commands, as opposed to the WSAD.
    After my game crashed and spawned me away from my little village though, I reset the commands, and it works (although a little sketchy), so I just won't touch the commands except for the keys that I don't have...

But I still think that that's something that could be looked into?

Also, in F5 to edit the terrain, I cannot change the terrain paint type? I go over to the paint portion of F5, and no key will change the tool. Am I missing something? I tried finding tutorials, but everyone seems to be hitting the arrow keys or something. I tried to hit every key on my keyboard and none of them affected the command.

Also, I realize that now we're getting more into troubleshooting than any suggestions, so I apologize.

Oh! And about the 'grid height' I meant:
    When you hit the -/+ keys, you can change the distance between the grid and make it smaller or larger, allowing you to move items a little more freely along the horizontal lines of the game. What I meant by implementing some sort of command to alter the grid HEIGHT (Y) as opposed to the distance (X), would be a command that would show a grid for the Y axis, instead of the X axis. And then you could use the +/- keys to change it the same way that you would the other one. :]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!