Rising World - The Beach "Let's Play"

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • Hello again, Rising World community! It's been too long... After making ~30 Rising World videos, I took a break to await some more updates. I'm proud to bring another Rising World Let's Play to my channel today that has a strong focus on the new water update, as well as building and farming.

I posted the first episode this morning and the response has been incredible. This community has been very welcoming and I am excited to rejoin you all once again. This time around I'm really hoping to make a bigger difference in the future of Rising World by offering my suggestions and guidance.

Since creating this initial forum post, I've managed to do a good handful of episodes. I decided to reorganize things a little bit to make the series easier to follow if you're watching here from the forums. From now on, in addition to new episodes being posted as a reply to this thread, I will also be putting them here in the original post, featuring the latest video first. Under the "Spoiler" tag, you'll find all the other episodes in chronological order. :D

Latest Episode:

Previous Episodes:

• Happy Saturday, everyone! I've just put out the second episode of my new Rising World Let's Play. I ended up doing some mining, farming and cooking. I also I got myself enough iron to finally make some damn tools!

• Been enjoying these, and glad they're now back. Episode 2 being a nice motivation boost. Thanks for the shout-out to both me & Zork :thumbsup:

Makes me wonder what you'll do once we get the player customization, animations, & even horses to play around. That be awesome to see how we play in comparison. That, and with the dungeons coming up. You forgot to make a bucket though to move your water closer to make a water well of some sort to drink from. That's something you should try doing by making an immersive water well you can drink from.

• You forgot to make a bucket though to move your water closer to make a water well of some sort to drink from. That's something you should try doing by making an immersive water well you can drink from.

You know what really sucks is that I forgot to make the bucket in Episode 3 as well... lol! Next time then.

Thank you so much for watching and the kind words! I'm very much looking forward to those updates and the anticipation is killing me!!!

• Episode 3 - Beach House Foundation:

-----------

Awesome ep 3 with your beach home building, Vortac. Only just now starting building my own home again in this second world after the water update with the serious amount of terraforming I had to do that my friend had to help me through open lan. Both pickaxing & using the rake that we only now managed to settle in. Seeing you in the same position is amusing that we might have to bug Red51 for '"Something" to help with these serious terraforming projects. I guess that mining drill, or whichever.

Seeing your progress in ep 3 it's fine if you didn't craft a bucket, yet when you go focusing on other things is when we'll become picky :P

Awesome stuff! Ya, there's no way you would want to record you digging the terrain or mining. Also, you're proving why I spawned that thread of wanting slimmer building materials to build walls while being spoiled by the likes of Stranded Deep, Out of Reach, and even ARK. Rising World does have planks, yet it now needs to add those slimmer building materials into the game, or at least slabs turned sideways heh.

Glad we're all loving where Rising World is going.

• Hi Vortac, great videos! Very much an inspiration.
    zfoxfire mentioned that you were looking for a small server to build on. I have one that is currently private, but as soon as the whitelist issue is updated, it will be an invite-only, mostly viewers of my RW series. If you are interested, you have a standing invite to our server, it has all creative permissions enabled, which is why it's private. Basically for people that just love to build! They are all incredibly talented as well, tons of fresh ideas to see!

Thanks for all the great videos! If you're interested, I'll give you the info.

• Vortac,

And if your not convinced, check out the server tour video! I was originally invited on here too but to be honest, I'm not much of a builder so only sign on to take a peek on all the amazing builds people do. I'm a dwarf by nature. Thats why I'm looking forward to exploring the upcoming dungeons and enjoy living underground.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!