Changelog 2016-06-21: Bucket, Canteen, customizable Journal

• Hey folks! Another update is available. It gives server owners the ability to create custom pages in the journal. This may be useful if you want to put the server rules there, or any other information regarding the server. Find an example xml file here (just extract it into your main server directory).

This update also introduces modular scaffolding objects, as well as two new items: A bucket (which can be used to place water in the world) as well as a canteen (if you want to drink water while traveling).

Apart from that there is an experimental command to find your base - in case you get lost. If it works well, it will be added to the creative mode. However, it's still recommendable to build a bed at your base and sleep in it (so you will always respawn there, and the compass can also lead you to that position then).

Last but not least this update contains several changes as well as bugfixes. Check out the changelog to get an overview of all changes.

We are also working on dungeons at the moment, probably a few preview screenshots will be available soon.

• [New] Server admins can add custom pages to the journal ("server notes")
    • [New] New item: bucket, can be used to collect and place water
    • [New] New item: canteen, can be used to drink water
    • [New] New object: Scaffolding
    • [New] Added experimental console command "findbase" to find your base coordinates (singleplayer only)
    • [New] Added preview grid when placing dirt or stone etc, it's also possible to move the grid with your arrow keys
    • [New] Added help screen (F1) when filling up terrain
    • [New] Added player whitelist and blacklist feature for multiplayer servers
    • [New] Added "savep", "saver" and "savel" commands to permanently save current setp/setr/setl values (also reset-commands to reset values)
    • [New] Added "technical" smoke object to create artificial smoke (don't place too many of them)
    • [Change] Changed night sky (no longer blurred)
    • [Bugfix] Water is no longer invisible when it's behind a transparent object
    • [Bugfix] Fixed particles being invisible when in front of water
    • [Bugfix] Fixed sound distance of sledgehammer
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues with Steamworks not being initialized correctly
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "dummy world folders" being created when joining a multiplayer server
    • [Bugfix] Fixed rare crash when placing construction elements
    • [Bugfix] Fixed movement issue with blueprints
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong memory arguments on Linux
    • [Bugfix] Fixed LWJGL issue ("no display modes found") on Linux/Fedora

• [Change] Adjusted collision of scaffoldings (ramps)
    • [Change] Lua terrain edit function now also accepts water id
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with wrong object and construction placement (being unable to remove or interact with them)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues with custom journal not being loaded properly in multiplayer
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing messages when being kicked from a server

• thats the error i get when trying to connect to my own server. am i missing something in my config? did a linux update using a .sh someone posted somewhere on this forum.

UPDATE ---- i had to disable hive

Code
    server_hive_verification=false

to allow successful connections

• [Bugfix] Water is no longer invisible when it's behind a transparent object

This has not seem to have worked, water still invisible after the update

Ok second load it it did.... Well done...

• The server issues should be solved now, so you can set "server_hive_verification" to true again :) If there are still any issues, please let us know.

@zfoxfire: You can find an example xml file for the journal in the first post ;) There you can add as many pages you want. Just put the xml file into your server directory (btw. it also works if you put this file in your game directory, if you want to use it in singleplayer for example).

@CBFASI: It looks like some files hasn't been uploaded correctly oO I will fix this shortly! The issue should be fixed now^^

• The server issues should be solved now, so you can set "server_hive_verification" to true again :) If there are still any issues, please let us know.

@zfoxfire: You can find an example xml file for the journal in the first post ;) There you can add as many pages you want. Just put the xml file into your server directory (btw. it also works if you put this file in your game directory, if you want to use it in singleplayer for example).

@CBFASI: It looks like some files hasn't been uploaded correctly oO I will fix this shortly!

thanks red, hive is back to true and working as before. btw are there any new lua and/or restful api's to play with yet? i see you went with zend's apigility :)
    (yes i love playing with http restful api's as well as making my own)

• is it possible that mineshafts will be auto-generated with dungeons or will we have to wait before we have rails ?

Since rails aren't ready yet I'd prefer to wait with mineshafts until trains and rails have been added to the game ;)

btw are there any new lua and/or restful api's to play with yet? i see you went with zend's apigility

Unfortunately there are no new functions available, only the customizable journal^^ And yeah, we moved to zend's apigility, already did that with the water update but now we adapted all ingame and server functions to our new api ^^

Players are experiencing problems with the scaffolding. Some can not go up, some can not go down and some can go neither up or down.

Hmm... you mean the scaffolding w/ ramp? Going down is indeed a little bit tricky sometimes, we will adjust the collision shape for that a little bit. Alternatively you can put a ladder on the scaffolding, ladders will automatically snap to it ;)

• Unfortunately there are no new functions available, only the customizable journal^^ And yeah, we moved to zend's apigility, already did that with the water update but now we adapted all ingame and server functions to our new api ^^

looking for any help with the new api system?

• joy in life is to enter the steam and have updated the rising world :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Red, NPCs you can tell when will probably be available to fill our singleplayer worlds?

• btw are there any new lua and/or restful api's to play with yet?

Thats odd.. There was never any talks about new lua or restful api's.

Or we need an update on what the current plan is::

we have an important announcement regarding Lua: It's our intention to discard the current Lua API and move to a Java based API instead.

^^^^
    Which is the original plan since last year :) damn its gonna be cray cray when that drops :love:
    That discussion was HOT last year and hasn't seen any sign of changing course into another api or back to lua.
    ------

Not meaning to de-rail (edit: I swear that was non intentional)

LMAO i see what you did there!!
    ----
    I'm loving the buckets! seriously now players have the freedom to get water where they want without having to wait for an admin :thumbsup:
    whooooop whooooop now with canteens i wish the desert biome had an effect on thirst 8o

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!