Auto Restarter for linux

• Here is a little .sh file i made that checks to see if SCREEN_NAME process is running or not and starts the server if it is.

Just change YourServerNameHere to the name of your server found in the server.properties as server_screen_title
    and change the /path/to to where your game server is at.

This is only useful for those hosting their server on their own linux based hardware.
    Rising World server hosting companies should already have their own auto restarter or at least their own web based control panel.

With this you can do a cronjob to it or a php file that can shell_exec to the file.

Code
    shell_exec('../path/to/theshfileabove.sh')
  • A proper init script is still needed. I'm just too lazy to write one so i start my server from rc.local and modified the linux start script to use my hardcoded server directory instead of $PWD because the startup script assumes that you are executing the server jar from within the server directory

• A proper init script is still needed. I'm just too lazy to write one so i start my server from rc.local and modified the linux start script to use my hardcoded server directory instead of $PWD because the startup script assumes that you are executing the server jar from within the server directory

uumm yeeea abit to confusing even for me let alone those who are just starting out on learning how to manage and run their own linux servers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!