Dimmer Lights

• Hello everyone, I am new to the forum but LOVE this game, so of course I needed an account :) kudos to Red for their wonderful work!

Anyway, on to the point: I believe the interiors should be darker when no light or window is applied, the fact that it is so bright makes crafting lights and torches pretty much useless for interiors...at least in my experience. Also I'd like the lights to be a little less strong, a single lamp can light up my whole interior, I don't know if it's something that will be fixed in future updates but I thought it was worth a mention

• In general the lighting is still pretty basic. Nothing really projects a beam of light and nothing casts shadows as far as I can tell. To me this is the one thing that really kills the game. I'm hoping that when the system is reworked that it will look kinda like Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shader in Minecraft :)

For now it seems like ambient light at any point is calculated based on its distance from a light object. The presence of a wall is not considered but it seems to work better in tunnels.

And hello fellow fox. Nice to sniff you :)

• I do agree as well.The lighting does kill the game.A few lights in a building and it lights up the whole neighborhood like a comet.
    Red mentioned that the lighting needs to be reworked but it will probably be a lot later. I do love this game,it gets better and better but I believe that the core foundation needs to be complete before others kick in.Some of those are lighting,animal collision and more animation,more plantation,biome variety,trains,water physics.Those additions/improvements will make this game way more awesome.I know almost everyone expects these as well and it takes time.The impact will definitely be HUGE! Correct me If I am wrong.

• In general the lighting is still pretty basic. Nothing really projects a beam of light and nothing casts shadows as far as I can tell. To me this is the one thing that really kills the game. I'm hoping that when the system is reworked that it will look kinda like Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shader in Minecraft

For now it seems like ambient light at any point is calculated based on its distance from a light object. The presence of a wall is not considered but it seems to work better in tunnels.

And hello fellow fox. Nice to sniff you

Thank you for your reply! And yeah, it's something that bugs me, but at the same time I understand there are more important things to get off the list first, so I guess we'll have to wait :3

Hello X3 nice to sniff you too :)

I do agree as well.The lighting does kill the game.A few lights in a building and it lights up the whole neighborhood like a comet.
    Red mentioned that the lighting needs to be reworked but it will probably be a lot later. I do love this game,it gets better and better but I believe that the core foundation needs to be complete before others kick in.Some of those are lighting,animal collision and more animation,more plantation,biome variety,trains,water physics.Those additions/improvements will make this game way more awesome.I know almost everyone expects these as well and it takes time.The impact will definitely be HUGE! Correct me If I am wrong.

I see. Thank you for your prompt replies :)

Well I understand it takes time to introduce features and to improve on them, I just wasn't sure if this was going to be reworked or not, so I pointed out I'd like that :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!