Changelog 2016-06-29: Fuel requirement for furnaces

• Hi i just bought the game via Steam and crafted the furnace (both versions, to make sure) and I can see the backside, where the fuel is supposed to go in, but all I get when pressing F is 'dieser Brennofen hat keinen Brennstoff.' So no fuel. I have logs and coal in the quickslot but I cant get them in whatever I try. Is it my mistake, or is there some mixup with the steamupdates, as this feature appears to be new.

• Hi i just bought the game via Steam and crafted the furnace (both versions, to make sure) and I can see the backside, where the fuel is supposed to go in, but all I get when pressing F is 'dieser Brennofen hat keinen Brennstoff.' So no fuel. I have logs and coal in the quickslot but I cant get them in whatever I try. Is it my mistake, or is there some mixup with the steamupdates, as this feature appears to be new.

First of all I think I seen people putting in lumber not logs... First open the hatch, I never tried but I think people were holding lumber /coal then just clicking them into the slot. Maybe you already figured it out.

Vortac did video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYqFl7wcLnI

I never tested if you can still turn it on and off to save fuel?
    I don't know either how much will it take to smelt your ore or what's efficiency now that we have two furnaces.

• It seemed a little counter intuitive to me when I experimented with the furnace last night. i think you hold the coal in your hand and place it with your left mouse button. makes sense now, I don't know why I had so much trouble last night. Maybe sleep deprivation does that. :\

Here you go bud: Rising World - An Earth 2 LP

• It seemed a little counter intuitive to me when I experimented with the furnace last night. i think you hold the coal in your hand and place it with your left mouse button. makes sense now, I don't know why I had so much trouble last night. Maybe sleep deprivation does that. :\

yep been there too

• To put wood or coal in the oven you:

1: Open the Hatch on the left side of the oven.
    2: Right-Click Coal or Lumber (Not Wood Logs) in the hatch not once but twice.
    You should see it poof and magically create a fuel source number.
    3: Once you have 200-250 in fuel close the hatch (oven should turn on)
    4: Oven can be turned on and off like before provided there is fuel in the oven.
    5: Smelting times have been increased.
    6: Easter Egg - Coal is more abundant
    7: Enjoy :)

• 'bleckman' was that on the freaks R Us server? I didn't notice anything last night. I am the one who wrote a bug in doors but it was mentioned it was already fixed in notes. Hmm.. I wonder what other magic Red51 has. It's like he's Santa with programming elves ... The changes are good. Updates are like a drip drug to my drug of choice Rising world... I sometimes look at my big project wondering will Red51 give me this or do I need to make that? Hmmm... lol

it was on my own single player game, and i re-made a world with diferent seeds

• Here you go bud: Rising World - An Earth 2 LP

It really does look like a pizza oven now that you mention it.

I had an idea back in January about modifying the furnace to be modular and adding a variety of removable trays which would allow you to do other tasks such as smelting sand into glass panes. A flat metal tray would be awesome so you could use for various cooking needs. I would not recommend cooking pizza and smelting ores at the same time, maybe when we get a food poisoning debuff then that would be a possibility (a consequence for stupid behavior ;-p ).

Perhaps bellows and other things to regulate temperature could help smelt ore faster (and burn fuel faster), and cook food (or burn it). Also, at some point the ores have to be programmed with different melting points. This way, raising the temperature would be a requirement for smelting harder ores.

The relevant thread: New crafting stations and other ideas

• it was on my own single player game, and i re-made a world with diferent seeds

Who knows. I only can guess it could be light glares, fraction glares, or sun locations during certain times of day. Does all water on your world appear like that all the time? Also next time your on the server check if the
    ponds appear like that to you. I just wonder if it's game generated (random or consistent), graphic card generated (random or consistently). Which you can test by comparing server/nonserver also other ponds. Looks like from your photo just a shadow, try using F10 chunk loader fix. Since I also noticed it's like water floating in air on one side.

• As far as the future of glass goes, for some reason I can see us crafting glass ingots into panes. Do bear in mind the ovens only have an ingot setting and glass is blown at high temperatures not smelted into panes. I really hope we get some wheat seeds and a wind or water mill for grinding some crops into flour here soon. Of course we will need animal husbandry first so we can put some calcium in our bones, lest we all fall down :)

• I am guessing he will do that considering the three main crops in the world are <wheat,rice,corn> Being western countries are more likely to buy this obviously wheat. I discussed those in 'past suggestions' but Red51's website already listed animal breeding and cooking. So probably don't need to worry about that will be included. I also agree with some of machines, I also listed mills being powered by horse or wind or water probably wouldn't happen until we see more models for machines appearing even if they do nothing at the beginning be nice to have them as placeholders same as train tracks or other machines.

I know the server I play on "Freaks R Us" would love to lay down legit tracks they have tons of subways and mocked tracks for the server. I think they appreciate tracks even without the trains to get them setup. But I understand why they aren't here before the trains since the model isn't completed. But train tracks pretty much standardized in spacing and size so that steam engines no matter what brand or technological advances could be used on same tracks similar to cars/trucks having certain width/height restrictions based on tunnels extra.

Personally I enjoy any new thing is great especially a functional object like this fast update of the smelter.
    I wonder why another two smelters? Why not the next one be ovens/grills, since we have grills / smelters already.

• Thanks for your feedback and your nice words! :)

I Don't know what happened,, maybe a Smurf Decided to take a leak in the water, but all my water turned blue!

Hmm that's strange... what graphics card do you have exactly? It looks like a rendering issue. Please have a look at your "config.properties" file in your game directory (steamversion: rightclick on rw in steam -> properties -> local files -> browse local files) at the value "graphic_water_postprocessing": Is it set to true or false (it's supposed to be set to true)?
    If it's set to false (and water reflections in the settings are also disabled) the water may look like in your screenshot.

I had an idea back in January about modifying the furnace to be modular and adding a variety of removable trays which would allow you to do other tasks such as smelting sand into glass panes

That's definitely a nice idea, we keep it in mind :)

I would not recommend cooking pizza and smelting ores at the same time, maybe when we get a food poisoning debuff

Once cooking and baking is implemented there will be separate ovens for that :D

Perhaps bellows and other things to regulate temperature could help smelt ore faster

That's also a nice idea, but something I would consider as "fine-tuning", so maybe something like that may be added in the long run^^

I also listed mills being powered by horse or wind or water probably wouldn't happen until we see more models for machines appearing even if they do nothing at the beginning

Having mills would be great, although it's really complex, at least as long as it's not block based (the game has to make sure that no gears or the windmill is obstructed etc). It's something we took into consideration some time ago and still have it in mind, but unfortunately it has a low priority at the moment (probably we will implement the power system/electricity first) ^^

But I understand why they aren't here before the trains since the model isn't completed. But train tracks pretty much standardized in spacing and size

Yes, exactly. Probably there will be at least two differently sized tracks, for minecarts and for "real" trains. Can't say much about the sizes yet, guess the small tracks will have a total width of 2 blocks, while the regular tracks have a width of 3 or 4 blocks.
    Probably I can say more about that once the new playermodels and items are implemented (and we can start focus on trains) :)

Why not the next one be ovens, since we have grills / smelters already.

Once it comes to cooking or baking there will be definitely some ovens^^

• Thanks for the feedback Red, I am looking forward to playing with the next thing you add to the game. I hope your AI and mobs patrol in those dungeons your working on since I want to see people cry when they die. Have some nice dark dungeons for mobs to come around corner and kill them. Of course I like to have those props for my medieval project.

• @red51 Is there a place in the forums I'm missing that has the planned updates for the game? It would be kind of cool if some coders in the community could lend a hand. Keep up the great work with the way your updates are rolling out I might just never play Minecraft again. Love the game lot's :) Thankyou!

• @red51 Is there a place in the forums I'm missing that has the planned updates for the game? It would be kind of cool if some coders in the community could lend a hand. Keep up the great work with the way your updates are rolling out I might just never play Minecraft again. Love the game lot's :) Thankyou!

Usually it's zfoxfire that gets Red to squeal but I was honored to today lol. He has a list on his main website, but other stuff is a maybe..
    you can follow Red51 that's the best way. Also sometimes he reveals that on steam community.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!