Changelog 2016-06-29: Fuel requirement for furnaces

• I just went on Freaks R Us the water is Clear, and i made a small pond in my single player world, the water is also clear, I'll inform red if it does it again.

and my video card is AMD HD5670.

Its clearboth Day and Night

Around a month or so ago I started experiencing the same issue, the reflections of the trees dissapeared. Ive tried looking at the game config file as suggested, the water post processing is set to true but the problem persists. Im running an intel HD4400 GPU. It still looks great though without the reflection on , but with it on the water looked as good as it does in real life!

Anyway I like the new update, it adds a bit more challange to the game - Thankyou to the Devs for such a brilliant game.

• There is also, that i have noticed, a "Array out of memory" issue with server side lua scripts.

You probably mean an "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException"? This isn't related to memory at all, however, I'd recommend to create a separate topic for that ^^

My understanding is that whatever fuel source you throw in simply adds to the total amount of fuel in the furnace. Coal provides more fuel than wood.

Exactly ;)

Around a month or so ago I started experiencing the same issue, the reflections of the trees dissapeared

If there is no more reflection, make sure "Water reflections" is enabled in your settings menu. Eventually also make sure that "graphic_water_reflections_quality" in your config.properties file is set to 3. What HD 4400 do you have exactly, an "Intel HD Graphics 4400", or an "ATI Radeon HD 4400 Series"?

• Finally I had time to use the new fuelled furnace (well, the regular one, not the big: it does not fit in my workroom LOL).

Definitely VERY NICE! :D:D And the infamous bug is GONE!!! :thumbsup:

Possibly the coal value is a bit too high? I have no idea how big a piece of coal is supposed to be, but smelting a load of iron ore takes 36 fuel units, which is less than ONE piece of coal.

If my reckons are correct, 1 stack of coal allows to smelt almost 27 stacks of iron ores; isn't too much? maybe 1 piece of coal = 10 - 15 fuel units would be more balanced? (15 fuel units => 1 coal stack for 10 iron ore stacks).

What do everybody else think?

• Red said he will likely raise fuel consumption 5 times. I think its safe to go 10 times but we shall see.

im very tempted to start a little fake stock exchange for rising world where people can "buy & sell" stocks of coal, iron, copper, etc. and servers with currency that buy and sell that stuff can base their price off of the exchange rate if they wanted too.
    But just a idea right now with how valuable coal is now becoming.

• im very tempted to start a little fake stock exchange for rising world where people can "buy & sell" stocks of coal, iron, copper, etc. and servers with currency that buy and sell that stuff can base their price off of the exchange rate if they wanted too.
    But just a idea right now with how valuable coal is now becoming.

Do you even bother reading EULA's or do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

• It doesn't take that much to smelt a load of ore. I can put 250 in the medium or pizza size oven and be done in 2-3 minutes client & server side, still have roughly 200 left over.

• Fox re-mentioning what Chris mentioned, yet I"m loving this idea of having a script calculate supply & demand so NPC Traders could make use of this. The traveling merchants that we're bound to get, and the players themselves. For immersion I guess you could have these NPCs keep track of it for you while having them in your settlements (if admin, or player recruited).

Not really sure, yet think Wurm Online/Unlimited has something to do with NPCs for this type of thing, or at least similar.

• da fuq? its not for real money noob, hence the fake word.

First I ain't no noob to this kind of stuff you're thinking of doing. This same exact notion that you're considering is the first step in creating a monopoly over @red51 and cashing in later after the deal is all said and done. You ever hear of a place called "Mojang?" Yeah, I have and a lot of server punks thought they could force people to pay for modded tools or to join their servers. You know what happened? Microsoft & Mojang blacklisted these servers and their members so they could never play the game in "Online" mode anymore. Don't bring your problems here just because Mojang shut you down, most importantly stop trying to justify with the word "Fake!" A lot of the people that support your agenda might not have a clue what you are up to, but I do. This "Market" is no different than the same monopoly that server leaders thought they could pull on Mojang and get away with it. My advice @red51put a stop to this nonsense before it begins.

• dude i never had a minecraft server and my idea requires NO real money at all. When im finally able to get VorNet networked with a external server there will be NO real money exchange at all so i dont know where your thinking that there will be exchange of real money.
    All my 15 years of programming i never EVER once made something for real money, all my coding work has always been for free for all.
    Ya i made some money doing special LSL scripts for people in opensim but they kept insisting on paying me.
    I code because i love to code and learn new things about coding in different languages and what i like to make in code is usually for all to enjoy FOR FREE!

I'm on disability so im financially fine in real life and im not greedy that you seem to think i am so please BACK OFF and get all the facts before you attack me like that again!

• Fox re-mentioning what Chris mentioned, yet I"m loving this idea of having a script calculate supply & demand so NPC Traders could make use of this. The traveling merchants that we're bound to get, and the players themselves. For immersion I guess you could have these NPCs keep track of it for you while having them in your settlements (if admin, or player recruited).

Not really sure, yet think Wurm Online/Unlimited has something to do with NPCs for this type of thing, or at least similar.

great idea arct and ty. all coding work i do will always have a json api with it so once we able to do in game networking, server side scripts would be able to pull the exchange rate of things from the exchange site which btw will NOT require real money despite what SOMEONE else thinks.

• We should stay together the developers needs our support we can't nor should we fall apart.

"I'm writing this on a phone because my router broke and won't be fixed until tomorrow"

Agreed. Red can chime in anytime but I personally dont see any ill intentions. But I try to assume positive intentions in everyone unless evidence points otherwise.

Sorry for your loss. May it route in peace.

• Agreed. Red can chime in anytime but I personally dont see any ill intentions. But I try to assume positive intentions in everyone unless evidence points otherwise.

Sorry for your loss. May it route in peace.

agreed, it was just a idea that i'm willing to scrap and sorry to pull away from the actual topic, wasn't my intention.

May your router enjoy sending and receiving data in router heaven.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!