Changelog 2016-06-29: Fuel requirement for furnaces

• Hi folks! A small update is available. This time it's mainly about furnaces: Now you will need fuel in order to use a smelting furnace. Currently you can either use coal or lumber to fuel a furnace.

This update also introduces a new, bigger version of the smelting furnace. Apart from that, we did some smaller tweaks and fixed some bugs, you find an overview of all changes in the changelog.

Have fun :)

• [New] Smelting furnaces require fuel (coal or lumber) now
    • [New] New object: Big smelting furnace
    • [New] Dedicated server now accepts input commands (say, yell, tod, saveall, shutdown [now])
    • [New] Total amount of available/existing servers now visible in server browser
    • [Change] Half-filled canteens can now be refilled at watersources
    • [Change] Removed some debug output messages of dedicated server
    • [Change] Decreased timeout for servers in serverlist (so high ping servers no longer delay the result)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed invisibe door placement indicator
    • [Bugfix] Fixed items sometimes spawning multiple times in multiplayer
    • [Bugfix] Hopefully fixed furnace bug ("ghost" ore remaining in furnace) in multiplayer (need Feedback)
  • Oh thankyou! thankyou! thankyou!!! We've needed fuel requirements for a while now. I'm glad that to see more survival themed upates coming out this month.. I'll check it out tonight. I can't imagine a furnace bigger than the one we already have. I was actually hoping for a smaller one (single 12 ore tray).

• So, I'm all for realism but in this case I'd like to request that adding fuel be added as a right-click option. Many of us have our furnaces built into walls for the sleek look but it sounds we wont be able to load fuel. Unless we can interact with that part of the furnace through the wall.

• awesome update except that the server now keeps wanting to convert furnaces and taking forever to do it. at first it was just 146 furnaces, now theres zero and still hangs at wanting to convert.

!!!!!!!!!!!EDIT!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Had to edit the Version field in the WorldInfos table of the mysql database from 0.7.1.1_29 to 0.7.1.2_30 to bypass the hanging furnace conversion. bye bye in world furnaces but its not like rock is hard to come by in this game.

• Thanks for the feedback! ;)

Unfortunately there were some problems with world conversion when using MySQL. We released another update which should fix the problems. If you tried to convert your world previously without success, please update your server, then connect to your MySQL server with an SQL program (like Navicat, for example) and rename the furnaces_old table to furnaces. Maybe you can also create a copy of this table and store it with a different name (just in case something goes wrong).
    Now just start the server, everything should work as intended now :)

I was actually hoping for a smaller one (single 12 ore tray).

A smaller furnace is planned, as well as modern furnaces and also a more "primitive" one^^

• Thanks Red, You're usually 10 steps ahead of us in plans :)

Could we possibly also get type of furnace made of sandstone? Maybe a clay furnace too?
    Also, The wood requirement is a good touch. Maybe in the future if we have wear and tear to consider, those wood beams holding the trays up will have to be replaced periodically, same with any tool

• These updates are rolling out like it's September, Woohoo!! Keep them coming Red51! I never thought I would say this but at least the updates on this game are faster than Mojang, they went from bi-weekly updates to once in a blue moon. Red51 you are so awesome We The Community could hug you! #HugsForRed

• @bleckman Nice water color it brings to mind for some reason a song called: Talking About Minecraft, Talking about Minecraft lol Sorry when you showed the water I just lol :) Later bud ... hahahahah

Edit: <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/68ugkg9RePc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 'bleckman' was that on the freaks R Us server? I didn't notice anything last night. I am the one who wrote a bug in doors but it was mentioned it was already fixed in notes. Hmm.. I wonder what other magic Red51 has. It's like he's Santa with programming elves ... The changes are good. Updates are like a drip drug to my drug of choice Rising world... I sometimes look at my big project wondering will Red51 give me this or do I need to make that? Hmmm... lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!