Furnace Fuel Update Video

• Looks like someone is all hyped up. You left us all hanging then you suddenly have this furnace update all ready to be viewed that I find it oddly amusing. I'm loving how you can open up the hatch at the back to put the lumber & coal back there. It goes by 1 unit per insert, yet it's neat how you can just insert it. Lumber was 1 unit & coal being 40 while it ticks down roughly every 10 seconds? Hard to tell right now because I tried to put myself back into the loop. But it's neat addition & a neat video. I managed to now smelt a nice good stack of resources each 5 minutes, or so. A nice stack of 10 ingots, or so. Many more to go that I now need to spend it on horse iron armor, or even railway. Something iron-based :whistling:

I may need to make a separate smelting area just for this smelter now in my Niska Village. That, and I"ll use this over the tiny one in other forts & settlements. A new standard furnace that it'll sadly push away the mini one. Makes you wonder how to balance it out because people shall go straight for this big one.

Also, forgot to mention, that I also had the ghost ore issue on my open lan session with my friend that I had to keep restarting the server. The ore would smelt, yet it would be both raw & ingots at the same time when done that when you'd harvest it would just clog up the furnace forcing you to restart the session. It got irritating that we stopped doing it until things were stable again. Have to test this on my Thursday & Friday. THanks Red! Thanks Vortac for the video :)

• [quote='Vortac','https://forum.rising-world.net/index.php/Thread/4514-Furnace-Fuel-Update-Video/?postID=36033#post36033']For anyone who is still unsure about how to fuel a furnace, I made a quick Rising World update video for you to view or share with anyone who may find it useful. Enjoy!

@Vortac When you fuel a furnace it takes roughly 200 Mlb of coal to smelt 60 Ore. Also it appears as if the rate it takes to smelt has been greatly improved. To put fuel in the furnace
    1: Open the Door on the side of the oven.
    2: Right- Click inside that slot once to lay the material and a second time to actually feed the furnace.
    3: Close the side door to activate the oven.
    4: Turn it off when not in use or you will be wasting fuel!
    5: Easter Egg: Coal is now a more abundant resource!
    Hope you enjoy! Peace my friends, peace out :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!