Failed to communicate with Steam

• This is an error I am getting this morning while trying to start RW up. The message goes on tellign that either the Steam serverr are not available or there is problem with firewall/antivirus.

No error log created: info file attached (renamed to info.txt).

Linux Mint 17.3 here, no firewall or antivirus at all! And in any case, RW was starting a few hours ago.

Possibly it really is a Steam issue, but I can reach Steam contents both via Steam client and browser. Any suggestion?

EDIT: forgot to mention: I can start other Steam-based games.

• I'm suddenly getting the same exact problem as you. Everything was working fine. Now, after a long pause, the game won't start with the error message:
    "Failed to communicate with Steam. Either the Steam servers are currently not available, or the game has been blocked by a firewall or antivirus problem. etc...".
    Steam is working fine with other games. I'm using Debian 8. I don't use an antivirus and haven't made any changes to my firewall. I tired restarting Steam, restarting Linux, and reinstalling the game. Same problem.

• Hey,

I´m sorry to hear that you currently have issues. We just insured that everything should work from our side.
    Please just try again. Steam however indeed had some downtimes/issues as you can also see on steamstat.us.
    Hope your issues should be gone. :)

• Thanks for the reply and for looking into the matter.

In fact, the issue is gone; it lasted approx. one hour and half / two since I tried the first time this morning (and of course I have no idea since how long it was going on).

It might have been something with Steam, but other Steam-based games were unaffected, so it might be something to keep an eye on, just in case RW turn out to be more sensible to these glitches than other applications.

Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!