Some Admin format questions

• Hi
    just learning some admin functional formats using Script. I have 3 questions:
    1.) Is this the correct the format for moving players between groups: setplayergroup NAME GROUP?
    2.) How can I expand a secured players area if he/she needs more room. Do you start over and just make the lot larger?
    3.) I'm getting an error message after /selectarea and /createarea (both successful) but when it comes to /addplayertoarea Admin it will
    not accept the name and says "Player name not found" although the players name shows up on the list when I display it using the TAB key.
    Sometimes the player is also not able to build or craft items on unassigned space. He said everything was working yesterday.

Thanks for any help
    Akeel

• Danke TutMeistensNix
    Ich brauche ja die Meisten von den new Version commands, nur von den Gruppen hab ich nicht so viel Ahnung und alle
    Area Protection commands klappen, nur in diesem einen Fall ging es nicht, ich habe schon den Namen mit kleinen und grossen Buchstaben gechecked aber ich mach es nochmal. Mein Deutsch ist auch nicht mehr so gut, hoffentlich vestehst du mich. Ich danke dir für deine Hilfe.

Gruss
    Akeel

• setplayergroup is correct of how you have it here. setplayergroup Chrisx84 builder

As for AP. Get AP2.0 and for adding people you need to type the correct spelling, it just cant be Chris it has to be Chrisx84, as a example.
    For expending lots, you can either make a new protected area right next to the current one and name it the same or can /removearea and redo it.

• Wenn es nicht funktioniert, ist es meistens ein Schreibfehler. Genauso war auch die Sicherung am nächsten Tag verschwunden.
    Wenn es mal gar nicht funktioniert, beende ich das Spiel und starte es neu, das behebt meistens alle Probleme. Vielleicht hing das ja auch mit den Bot-Net-Angriffen zusammen.

Das neue Script schon installiert ist, kann ich nicht sagen.

/addplayertoarea works with the correct name of the player, name as shown with TAB.
    Bei /createsarea ist das egal.
    Ich verwende immer die Spielernamen. Vereinfacht eine Zuordnung. :)

Gebiete vergrößert man am besten, indem man ein Gebiet anhängt oder einfach komplett über da andere ein neues macht. Man muss nur darauf achten, dass man beim Hinzufügen des Spielers sich in dem neuen Gebiet befindet. Vielleicht hat das ja dein Problem verursacht.
    Löchen kann man die alten Gebiete zwar auch; aber so muss man sich merken, wo das alte Gebiet anfing und endete. Denke überschreiben ist der einfachste Weg
    :)

• Thanks Chris
    When using /addplayertoarea Admin NAME, do you know if a first and last name works with a space in between, like Joe Blow or are only single names valid without spaces?

Akeel

ah you been having issues with spaces too. For some reason /addplayertoarea Admin Joe Blow seem to not work for me either, think its how the 3rd command is processed.

• ah you been having issues with spaces too. For some reason /addplayertoarea Admin Joe Blow seem to not work for me either, think its how the 3rd command is processed.

You need the existing playername, seen with tab. I'm not sure, if there are existing playernames with space between fore- and lastname.

• Also bei den nummern:

Der Spieler hat schon sein Gebiet, mit Namen, mit Admin rights, mit addplayer status und einen tp punkt. Alles ist OK.
    Jetzt aber braucht er mehr land, er baut stundenlang. Ich moechte nur das ich Ihm nichts abhaue und ich moechte eine ganz neue area ueber sein land machen, natuerlich grösser, so:

1.) Ich stehe in der area und enter:/removearea..puff..area weg.

2.) Jetzt enter ich /selectarea und mit den roten blöcken mach neue Wände aber um seinen Gebäuden weiter raus an allen Seiten, bischen höher, bischen tiefer.

3.) Der alte Name des Gebietes ist noch da aber das kann ich überschreiben, also:
    enter ich: /createarea Mein Zuhause.

So, jetzt kommt die Frage:
    Muss ich /addplayertoarea Admin Name (Name of player) auch wieder machen oder, weil er dass land
    ja schon vorher hatte, braucht man es nicht. Ich hab es mit meinem eignen Namen bei mir versucht,
    zum üben, aber es hackte. Das dritte mahl nahm es an.

Ich glaube den spawnpoint des Spielers braucht man nicht zu erneuern, denn der ist ja schon in
    seinem Gebiet.

Bitte lasst mir wissen ob das alles seine Ordnung hat oder ob ich etwas verpasst habe. Irgend
    was zusätzlich ist angenehm.

Danke schön

Auf Wiedersehen

Bin schon lange in der USA, mein Deutsch ist nicht mehr so gut.

• I guess I should have written this in English, not too much response from the German group, so I will post it here:
    I am studying the Admin duties and I have so far secured about a dozen players land but I still have some questions. I
    know that one little mistake could easily wipe out a players assigned domain and everything on it so I want to go by the numbers which will lead me to my question.

The player builds all the time and is running out of room. I already added some parcels bordering on the original selection
    but it's time to consolidate all the parcels and make it one area again. /showareas looks like a mosaic. So here is what I plan to do:

1.) I plan to physically be in each of the assigned areas and in Chat, I enter: /removearea until every area that the player owns is cleared.

2.) Now I enter: /selectarea and using the red blocks I plot out the area that is already built up with structures and then
    expand my selection to give the player more room on all sides,.... depths and heights.

3.) Next I rename the area: /createarea My home. By the way the name of the area does not go away when you first remove the area, it seems a phantom vanishing act that is only gone after the next log-in.

Now to my question, do I have to add the player back to the area: /addplayertoarea Admin Name (Name of player) or is he/she still owner of the property?

Furthermore, I don't believe that a new teleportation point : //tpa set Name is needed since that has not changed and the player still appears on the //tp list.

I am looking for someone who can proof read this and advise me if this is all correct. Any other information is appreciated as well.

Thank you

Akeel

• Ich denke du musst den Spieler mit /addplayertoarea noch einmal hinzufügen. Ich werde es gleich testen.

Der Spawnpunkt, du meinst den Teleportpunkt?, der wurde ja nicht gelöscht.
    Ich lösche das Gebiet nie, ich überschreibe es einfach, bzw. vergrößere es, da ich ja die Kästchen nach /hideareas nicht mehr sehe und wenn ich das Gebiet neu
    mache, müsste ich mir ja die Ursprungskoordinaten merken. Und da eigentlich niemand /showareas auf Dauer eingeschaltet hat, sieht es ja auch keiner.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!