General Suggestions

• Hey guys, I gotta say this game is amazing. The randomly generated terrain is beautiful already, and I'm sure jiw games will make it even better in the future. But, I have a couple suggestions that I personally think would make this game attractive to many people.

1: advertising. LOADS of people would be trying this game out if they knew about it. And I'm sure that on indiedb alone many people have clicked on it. But the one thing that people dont want to risk is $15. If there is one thing people aren't lenient with its money. I suggest maybe somehow releasing a free version of the game? I know the money helps a lot, but this game would have plenty of youtube videos and downloads if it was free during the alpha stage. I feel I've definitely got my money's worth, but many wouldn't risk it.

2: Have you guys ever thought of adding a little horror aspect to it? The first time I entered a cave with a torch I was really hoping you guys hadn't added any hostile mobs, because it would have scared the heck out of me! But all in all, this would be a great horror game: no planned jumpscares, monsters jumping out when you least expect it, everything is random. Wouldn't be any other horror game like it. And horror games are kind of trendy right now. It would add an extra spark to an already innovative game in my opinion.

• Thanks for your suggestions and your feedback! :) It's always good to receive positive feedback, we're pleased to hear that you like it!

About your suggestions:

1: advertising. LOADS of people would be trying this game out if they knew about it. And I'm sure that on indiedb alone many people have clicked on it. But the one thing that people dont want to risk is $15. If there is one thing people aren't lenient with its money. I suggest maybe somehow releasing a free version of the game? I know the money helps a lot, but this game would have plenty of youtube videos and downloads if it was free during the alpha stage. I feel I've definitely got my money's worth, but many wouldn't risk it.

Yeah, advertising is quite important and still lacking at the moment. Many people are hesitant, and the majority does not even know about this game. Making the game for free now won't be a good solution, since it's a little bit a slap in the face for all current customers. But we already thought about something like a free demo, with reduced content, maybe a restricted playable area or something like this. We need to discuss that topic.

2: Have you guys ever thought of adding a little horror aspect to it? The first time I entered a cave with a torch I was really hoping you guys hadn't added any hostile mobs, because it would have scared the heck out of me! But all in all, this would be a great horror game: no planned jumpscares, monsters jumping out when you least expect it, everything is random. Wouldn't be any other horror game like it. And horror games are kind of trendy right now. It would add an extra spark to an already innovative game in my opinion.

That's an interesting idea. Admittedly we never really thought about that, but to a certain extent, it could be a thrilling aspect. The good thing is, we're not able to do anything "pre-scripted", so of course everything would be random. We'll discuss which of our planned monsters fit into a horror sheme, and in what manner. Thanks for this hot tip! :thumbup:
    But obviously, we need to bring any monsters or animals into the game as soon as possible ;)

• Have you guys ever thought of adding a little horror aspect to it? The first time I entered a cave with a torch I was really hoping you guys hadn't added any hostile mobs, because it would have scared the heck out of me!

That's cool, I vote yes :) I had exactly the same thoughts about hostile mobs when I explored a cave the first time =O

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, I'd have all my money back" :P

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!