Animal Pens, and Animal Husbandry

• I'm not sure if this is actually mentioned anywhere, I went through 12 pages of suggestions, and didn't see it, so figured I would request it,

At the moment, animals can walk through anything even walls put up around it, and their is no breeding system to help re populate the animals in a specific area once someone comes through and kills them all... so sad they don't just sheer sheep but slaughter them..

so My sugestions are for

• Animal Pens - like chicken coops, sheep pens, pig pens, exct...
    • Animal Food - to feed animals that are pend (domesticated)
    • Animal Husbandry - To be able to breed more animals to keep the animal populations up

Yes my life IS always this hectic, so deal with it!

• At the moment, animals can walk through anything even walls put up around it, and their is no breeding system to help re populate the animals in a specific area once someone comes through and kills them all... so sad they don't just sheer sheep but slaughter them..

+

There is no collision till now, coming sometime. An animal farm or farm with runaway animals or tigers running through walls do not really make sense. Breeding and animal husbandry has been requested, even animal babies. :)

• well runaway tigers isn't really what i was referring to, but have you ever tried to pen in a sheep, chicken, pig, or cow? yes they DO walk through the walls you put around them, they can not be currently pend in.

Yes my life IS always this hectic, so deal with it!

• We have tried it with several things, walls, fences, etc they don't stay. You can spawn some sheeps, after a short while they're gone because collision is not yet implemented. Animals don't go in water, so some canals or water borders could pend them.

• Animal AI has to be reworked to fix all the clipping issues, allow for breeding and donestication. Hopefully animals will move in herds at that point. There is actually some AI rework in progress but I think its limited to getting the monsters to be a challenge in the upcoming dungeons update.

• From the rumours I noted on Steam forums that the animals shall have their collisions reworks because of the dungeons update which shall carry over to the animals, from the monsters/hostiles. Not sure how true this is anymore because Red51 noted that dungeons shall be empty upon release, yet it was because of the dungeon update that it was supposed to be "two birds with one stone" type implementation. Once dungeons comes out there should be something there to keep the AI in place, yet Red51 shall have to surprise us.

I"m really wanting to start farming of animals so I can make use of the BBQ options we have, yet can't because animals are limited. I don't mind being a lettuce & brocolli lover, but I can't wait to start grilling fish if we can't farm animals any time soon. Fish & fishing shall be awesome. Same with keeping mussels & oysters contained in an area, yet allowing them to over-populate so you can harvest them.

But I do love this suggestion because it's needed, yet so is everything else at this point.

• Sorry for the non-Eglish native speaking perspective: BBQ? British Broadcasting Quorporation?

Reading this I couldn't help but laugh, yeah even Corporation was spelled completely wrong. So let me explain we American grill our food in on either charcoal, gas or on occasion over a campfire. We call this process Barbeque or BBQ for short. Another way it can be used is barbeque chicken is cooked on a grill but has barbeque sauce brushed upon it. Now I'm not writing this out of sarcasm but some cultures pretty much don't know what BBQ is, yeah I find it humorous but want to keep it to the straight and narrow without judging others. Heck we can argue the finer qualities of "aluminum" foil till we are blue in the face but I want to keep the humorous aspect of it as well besides don't we all want an aluminium hat? ;)

• I believe that when dungeons/monsters get implemented in the game,the collision will be created as well.It might be a small secondary update,might be the same day with major update. It would make sense to have active collision,otherwise,mobs could walk through cave walls and kill ya,you wouldn't be safe anywhere !!

• Probably so George. If whatever dungeon monsters are implemented, the physics of their movements and attacks have to be fixed otherwise they won't present so much of a challenge. These same basic tweaks will likely apply to all npcs including the humans, lest we want thieves walking through our walls at night ;-p

• And something I mentioned in my previous posting about what the plan was 8| . Maybe I'm just going crazy.

But yeah, can't wait to see the raccoon finding various ways to get into people's chests to steal some food. You harvest tons of food so shouldn't be that much of an issue. Red51's idea which I want to see comically added into the game, among the things discussed here.

• Quote from Miwarre: “Sorry for the non-Eglish native speaking perspective: BBQ? British Broadcasting Quorporation?”

So let me explain we American grill our food in on either charcoal, gas or on occasion over a campfire. We call this process Barbeque or BBQ for short. Another way it can be used is barbeque chicken is cooked on a grill but has barbeque sauce brushed upon it. Now I'm not writing this out of sarcasm but some cultures pretty much don't know what BBQ is...

Really? You may be surprised to learn that in Italy we call this very process... barbecue! Amazing, isn't it? No Italian word, possibly because it no longer really belongs to the peninsular cooking tradition (and it has been re-imported recently).

The original barabicu cooking has some similitude with the Sardinian way of cooking the young pig under ground. Also, meat was a luxury item until not much long ago and meals involving it usually had only a small quantity of meat treated in much more complex ways. Grilling (which is partially different) is more common, also for fish, given the amount of coasts Italy has.

All of this is fine and funny, still it does not make obvious what "BBQ" is; it looks like an acronim, whence my attempt at an explanation...

yeah even Corporation was spelled completely wrong.

Really no linguistic sense of humour? Never played with words? Never made one, to fulfil a need or just for fun? Never thought of -- God forbid! -- creating a language?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!