Permissions, keep inventory

• If there is some sort of syntax error in the permission files, they won't be loaded at all. But in this case you will see an error message when starting the server. Maybe you can post a serverlog here (please find it in your "logs" folder in the server directory).

Alternatively you can check out your particular permissions ingame by pressing ESC -> Permissions (the "general_keepinventory" line is supposed to have a green font color).

• WARNING: Error while loading default server permissions
    while scanning a simple key
    in 'string', line 6, column 5:
    -"*"
    ^
    could not find expected ':'
    in 'string', line 7, column 1:
    general:
    ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.stalePossibleSimpleKeys(ScannerImpl.java:465)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.needMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:280)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:225)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingValue.produce(ParserImpl.java:586)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:158)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:143)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:132)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:229)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:155)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:229)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:155)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:120)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:450)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:369)
    at G.g.a(SourceFile:158)
    at G.g.b(SourceFile:102)
    at G.g.a(SourceFile:52)
    at server.c.d(SourceFile:748)
    at server.Main.c(SourceFile:441)
    at server.Main.initApplication(SourceFile:283)
    at commons.JIWApplication.initialize(SourceFile:92)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread(NullContext.java:86)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:129)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• @nath1266: There is a syntax error in your "default.permissions" file (apparently in line 6 or 7), so the server cannot load it properly. If you upload your default.permissions file here (or send it via PM to me) I can tell you what's wrong exactly ;)

• You should check out if you have the right permission. Just press ESC ingame -> Permissions -> check if "general_keepinventory" has a green font color.
    Remember to restart the server after replacing the default.permissions. Also make sure that your particular group permission (only if you are in a specific group) does not explicitly set "keepinventory" to false.

• I don't think I'm in a group, its just me and someone else playing ive got the admin one the same as the default one for the keep inventory, I'm admin and the other person isn't admin or in a group

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!